- Lot of language text file bugs (tank type names, definitions)
I have played a lot with this fantastic modification with my friends, because we have an internet cafe. I'm concentrating on side balances:
Good for rushing tactics, not bad for later games. My personel experiences:
- Soviet airforce is a sh*t. the only good aircraft is the IL2(Tank tactics).It has enough firepower to shoot down a lot of tanks and AA as well. I don't know what is for the napalm variant IL2. Yak fighters are useless. It's ok that they are cheap and we can build a lot of them, but it's unbalanced that only 3 planes are allowed at 1 airfield. Definition says that yak is not the best fighter, but it can take air superiority because its large numbers. During the game axis or allied players will build the same number of planes for less prize. -- > Recommendation: cheaper airfield or/and more plane slots.
- Soviet air defence is not enough good: AA buildings are ok, the ZSU-37 have to be a little more powerful
So their is no soviet air dominance (need rebalance)
- Infantry balance problems: Conscript is useless. With "defence of the homeland" is ok, but either way i can't clean out a building with full axis or allied soldiers inside. ----> Recommendation: Give them speed/firepower bonus with "red crossed horde bonus ability" Another MAJOR bug: Infantry will not drop grenades/coctails to airfields
- Vehicle tips: to be a more realistic game -> give AA gun to the IS2/3 tank (It was the most allin1 tank in WW2)
- general exp menu: with defence of the homeland i can't get the artillery barrage bonus that says the icon.
- Katyusha targeting: this weapon is useful in large numbers but its hard to aim them to shoot different targets at one time
Have to be a better balanced airforce tree. I haven't played so much with them. My personel experiences:
- Nuke problems: The Nuclear research skill is unbalanced and useless. It's very freightening to have nuclear technology but it's useless. it requires 10 points, and i think you can use it only at the end of the game, when everybodí has access to the most powerful units. It's not a good tactic to drop a big boom and nothing useful units.
- air force: spitfire needs a little more power (?)
- infantry: either grman and allied mechanic repairs too slow (it's a better idea to send back the vehicles to factory)
The most powerful nation. My personel experiences:-
- Planes and airfield problems: During a match my axis opponents are ALWAYS building lots of airfield because they get 1 stuka strike/airfield with no limitations. it's VERY frustrating. No need of experience after the airfield bonus, more and more stukas are coming to me. They are used against everithing. Scouting, disordering enemy AA. ---> recommendation: limit No. of stukas and/or LESS health (Stukas weaknesses were their low armour plating and low speed). Another idea: can be placed like paratroopers (No shroud reveal).
Fighters: the FW is the most powerful universal plane in the game and it requires just an airfield. In the abstract its not a big problem BUT the Me 262 is nearly immortal: It's not a cheap plane but i just can't fight with them. It shoots their mk108 30mm cannon as fast as gattling and it shoots down ALL planes in a few seconds. ----> recommendation: lower the shooting speed AND give them less ammonution (In reality the german 30mm weapons had approximately 60 rounds/cannon)
GO stealth support plane ---> useless
- Another MAJOR bug in the game: i was playing blitz2 yesterday with my friends in 2v2. My coop has left the game. After that i was unable to use ANY of my support icons (b17, artillery, paradrop)
Keep up the good work, this can be one of the best mod for ZH.