DerelictStudios Forums

Also, the Soviets were working on deploying light tanks with gliders that would be towed into the air by powered aircraft and then travel in large groups to the battlefield. If the Soviets get some sort of mass-rush attack as a superweapon this might be weird enough to qualify.

aint that a japanese project as well ?

Ok, listen guys, I made that post without actually having the time to play the game, maybe if you guys posted a list of already implemented and projected units, then these kinds of redundant posts wouldn't happen.

It is an illusion to think that it would stop the endless and pointless debating.

We tried that before. All you get then is people questioning the choices made, nagging and bugging us just to get their idea implemented.

nah...the unit listing stays were it's supposed to be: on the staff forum. :)

More info on the flying tanks project:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_A-40

And before you all say that tankettes dropped into a late game battlfield wouldnt do any good, its worth mentioning that the last light tank they tried it with was a T-60 of which there were several models that would still come in handy, such as one with a rocket launcher rack on top (think of the T34 series of rocket launchers on the Shermans) and with anti aircraft turrets equipped with large caliber machine guns:

http://www.battlefield.ru/index.php?option...emid=50&lang=en

They wouldn't do any good because the only time they "successfully" dropped one it was turretless, and a turreted T-60 does little enough, but when it has no armament it's even worse. The answer is no, over and over again. We'd sooner put in the Tetrarch and Locust before ever doing the "flying T-60". Heck, we'd do the Harry Hopkins, Mammut, and Gigant before thinking about the flying tank.

Logan Hartke

hey Logan, we could add those german flying sources, you know...

I know this great site no one ever seen before... luft46whatever...

:huh: :) :P :D :lol:

They wouldn't do any good because the only time they "successfully" dropped one it was turretless, and a turreted T-60 does little enough, but when it has no armament it's even worse. The answer is no, over and over again. We'd sooner put in the Tetrarch and Locust before ever doing the "flying T-60". Heck, we'd do the Harry Hopkins, Mammut, and Gigant before thinking about the flying tank.

Logan Hartke

Actually, about that Locust...

hey Logan, we could add those german flying sources, you know...

I know this great site no one ever seen before... luft46whatever...

:huh: :) :P :D :lol:

Don't bother Univeral dropped that one at the dday forums a couple of times.

Logan, if we can pretend the Maus could actually do anything useful I think we can pretend that the soviets could strap one of the better armed T-60 models that I suggested to a glider instead of the early model turretless ones.

And wasnt the Mammut just an early name for the Maus?

Edited by Mr.48

Actually, about that Locust...

More cannon fodder for my Tigers? :lol:

Regards,

ironduke57

If you keep Tigers in your base ;)

And Mr.48, read my lips.

No. Gilders. For. The. Soviets.

And Mr.48, read my lips.

No. Gilders. For. The. Soviets.

I'm gonna go cry in the corner now, :P

Edited by Mr.48

Logan, if we can pretend the Maus could actually do anything useful I think we can pretend that the soviets could strap one of the better armed T-60 models that I suggested to a glider instead of the early model turretless ones.

And wasnt the Mammut just an early name for the Maus?

Short of dropping a turretless T-60 on enemy infantry, it is not feasible to do anything useful with that project. While a total waste of resources and not worth the trouble to move them around even if you do possess the Maus, had they reached the battlefield, they certainly would've made a useful contribution.

Also, that Mammut has nothing to do with the Maus. It has far more to do with flying T-60s.

Logan Hartke

Also, that Mammut has nothing to do with the Maus.

The name Mammut may have been used for other projects but the Maus project was in fact originally known as the Mammut and then changed to Maus.