DerelictStudios Forums

The Brits should have an adaptation of the GLA rebel ambush, cos thair use of the SAS in North Africa and the Chindits in Burma were unrivalled in their success and effectiveness. I recon it should be something that could be built for free like a superweapon, but say it costs $50 to deploy or summit... And the troops should be elite ones; not promoted, but I mean like really good, like Seals from RA2; good guns, fast etc.

Japs; balloon is a great idea :)

Germans; relatively weak V2

Russia; Best i think would be a HUGE version of the chinese artillery strike. Their artillery was unrivalled; during some attacks, they had up to 400 field guns per mile of front

Allies; Not the A-bomb. Too powerful in comparison with others. How about an invincible version of the "carpet bombing" special attack that you get on that Chinese mission (5 i think) where u use it to take out 4 GLA bases in a city.

1) If possible i would like to see superweapons able to be toggled on/off, cos personally i dont play with them on.

2) As a matter of priority I'd LOVE to see the aircraft and air to air fighting sorted!! That would be fantastic... Currently i use lots of planes cos they're great on Generals.

3) someone mentioned snipers wouldn't auto-target!?!?!?!? ffs u cant expect everyone to have to keep controlling their snipers to vector them in... especially in a major attack, when u need to be doing other stuff.

4) like Blitz1 i think at least a few oil derricks should be buildable. But not the oil refineries (whatever- the ones giving u cheaper vehicles)

5) I think it would be great to see more use of artillery this time, and better balancing; last time the Bishops sucked ass, especially when compared with katayushas.

6) One of the greatest features of Blitz1 was the ability to deploy the infantry (-> increase accuracy etc, and reduce damage) and i sincerely hope that this will be repeated in Blitz2.

7) would it be possible to deploy tanks as well? like for a cost of $50 they would go under a camoflage netting and become invisible to the enemy, and be less prone to damage.

8) rocket launcher troops should not be able to fire out of vehicles because this is totally unrealistic.

9) I think that to represent the diversity of tanks, especially with regards armament (eg some were given flamethrowers) that once built you can pay to upgrade basic units in different ways like you can the Overlord tank China has.

10) IMPORTANT _______ how about you as a player have to build not stuff to collect supplies, but change the whole basis of resource gathering so that instead you build Oil derricks that provide fuel for you to use (it would be hard for vehichles to 'use' fuel, but make it a cost of production), and mines to collect metal, and maybe a factory to produce rubber. Then, like some older games (Warcraft springs to mind) you buy things that cost 200 units of metal, 50 of rubber and 50 of petrol (for example). This would be hard to implement (i'd guess) but would make it alot more realisitc. And that's how you could balance the sides; make these buildings that generate resources vary in price for different sides.

Thats about all i can think of for now...... :D

OH! and i think that there can never be too much diversity in terms of available units... especially aircraft. I would be disappointed to see less that 4-5 types of aircraft per side. i.e. for allies; Spitfire (could be upgraded from model to model), Typhoon, B-17 (or Lanc), Torpbeau (beaufighter adapted for torpedo attacks)

The Germans should have way more aircraft than other sides, such as; ME109, FW190 (as an upgrade on the 109 perhaps?), ME110, Stuka, a level bomber (JU-88?), the ME262 as a really expensive thing that has to be researched first; the Me163 rocket aircraft (could be used for short range air defence)

do what?

i guess a storm of kamekazis would work. not to much, like 10 of the okaha 22, or sumthin like it.

i dont like your sas idea but i would also like 2 see more aircraft in bliz 2

and i liek your suppliers idead it would make it moee real for play ers but i think it owuld be hard to make it like

that

i dea for japans fighter Hayate "Gale" Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate i would really like 2 see this fighter in bliz 2

Allied Codename: Frank

Type: Single Seat Fighter Interceptor & Fighter Bomber

Powerplant: One 1,900 hp (1416 kw) Nakajima Ha-45 18-cylinder radial piston engine.

Performance: Maximum speed 392 mph (631 km/h) at 20,080 ft (6120 m); cruising speed 277 mph (400 km/h); service ceiling 34,350 ft (10500 m).

Range: 1,347 miles (2168 km) with internal fuel stores.

Weight: Empty 5,864 lbs (2660 kg) with a maximum take-off weight of 8,576 lbs (8390 kg).

Dimensions: Span 36 ft 10 1/2 in (11.24 m); length 32 ft 6 1/2 in (9.92 m); height 11 ft 1 1/2 in (3.39 m); wing area 226.05 sq ft (21.00 sq m).

Armament: Two fuselage mounted 12.7 mm (0.50 in) Type 1 machine guns and two wing mounted 20 mm Ho-5 cannon, plus two 551 lbs (250 kg) bombs or two 44 Imperial gallon (200 litre) drop tanks on external racks.

Variants: Ki-84 (prototype), Ki-84-Ia (production model designated Army Type 4 Fighter Model Ia Hayate), Ki-84-Ib (four 20 mm cannon), Ki-84-Ic (two 20 mm and two 30 mm cannon), Ki-84-II (wooden wing tips and rear fuselage), Ki-106 (all wooden construction prototype), Ki-113 (steel construction), Ki-116 (single example using a lighter and less powerful 1,500 hp (1119 kw) Mitsubishi Ha-33 radial engine).

Operators: Japanese Army.

In the summer of 1944 the Imperial Japanese Army introduced into operational service a new single seat interceptor fighter/fighter bomber the Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate (gale). With better manoeuvrability and climb rate than the redoubtable North American P-51H Mustang and the Republic P-47N Thunderbolt operating in the Pacific zone, it was encountered in all operational theaters and was effective at all altitudes. Allocated the Allied codename 'Frank" the Ki-64 would have posed considerable problems for the USAF had it appeared earlier and in larger numbers. In that event, Allied numerical superiority meant that the Japanese army overworked its Ki-84's, bringing unserviceability and maintenance problems that would not have arisen with more moderate usage.

Design of this new fighter began in early 1942 and the first prototype was flown in April 1943, its early testing progressing so well that a first service trial batch of 83 aircraft was ordered into production only four months earlier. A cantilever low wing monoplane of all-metal construction, except for fabric covered control services, the Ki-84 had retractable tailwheel landing gear, a Nakajima Ha-145 radial engine, and armament comprising of two fuselage mounted 12.7 mm (0.50 in) machine guns and two wing mounted 20 mm cannon. Service trials under operational conditions were convincing enough for the Ki-84 to be ordered into full scale production in late 1943 under the designation Army Type 4 Fighter Model 1A Hayate (Nakajima Ki-84-Ia) and later sub-variants included the Ki-84-Ib armed with four 20 mm cannon and the Ki-84-Ic with two 20 mm and two 30 mm cannon.

The types first major operational involvement was in the battle of Leyte at the end of 1944, and from that moment until the end of the Pacific war the Ki-84 was found wherever the action was intense. It was used as a fighter to attack and repel the Americans as they approached the home islands, as a dive bomber to harass enemy landings on the island stepping stones to Japan, in fighter bomber attacks against US bases on Okinawa and finally, as an interceptor in the air defence of Tokyo. In attempts to conserve light alloys three versions of the Hayate appeared with alternative construction. Only the first entered production, the Ki-84-II, which introduced wooden wingtips and rear fuselage; built in two variants, thes differed only by having armament similar to either the Ki-84-Ib or the Ki-84-Ic. The other two aircraft in this category were the three Ki-106 prototypes of all wooden construction, and the single Ki-113 which used a maximum content of steel for the same alloy saving purpose. Only one other prototype was built and flown, the experimental Ki-116 which was converted from a Ki-84-Ia, had a lighter weight 1,500 hp (1119 kw) Mitsubishi Ha-33 radial engine. When production ended in August 1945, a total of 3,514 Ki-84's and derivatives had been built by Nakajima (3,416), Mansyu (95) and Tachikawa (3), a remarkable short term achievement resulting from a programme that gave the Hayate utmost priority.

ki-84-main.jpg

Yamato is the God of japanese knowledge, you guys need him if ur puttin japan in

=)

for the snipers, since ilike haveing them not automaticaly kill units, and i dont like it could you make it were theres an option, like attack mode, were he atuo tarets, and one were he doesnt

give japan some kind of rebel ambush, in the battle for indonesia they used commando type units which would go up to the enemy defence and then let handgrenades rain.

They were also carrieng long knifes

yeah :(

but you can't give the Japs that when it SHOULD be the brits who get it... as above, the Chindits in Burma and the SAS in N.Africa were in a league of their own..

and isnt it the weapon that has the auto-target toggle? cos if it is have the two waepons like the Rangers on Generals where you select between weapons and hence between auto-fire or not.

or you7 can give to both sides

long knifes would be the Katana sword from the samurai which both soldiers and poilts carried with them

The key to Japanese success is that they ambushed units and bases moving across rivers and mountains that other armys would have nver dared to try

you mean liek te sniper should have a deploy thing

yeah

Ja, my idea

please actually have something to say before you post, jeez

@ verkuijlen: sounds good but where does that leave us with the superweapons? I would have chosen the V1 launch as a superweapon but if it's already a 5star-general weapon... okay so that still leaves the V2s. For the allies however if you don't want to use the nuke you don't have much else to choose from.

Oh and I didn't hear your suggestion for the Russian's 5star-general weapon yet :lol:

Hey guys I haven't dropped by in awhile I doubt anyone remebers {C~K}ACE...

Anyway I was thinking about this and it seems that everyone here has bad tunnel vision. Everyones trying to mark down what each nation had as a superweapon sometime between 1939-1945. But yet your adding things like the Maus and T-28 which realistically were never used in combat. So I believe that I can make a logical arguement for the inclusion of ALL sides (U.S. & Britian, Germany, Russia, and Japan) having nuclear weapons with different effects and for some generals abilities too.

First off, we all know that germany had plans and prototypes in the works for an Intercontinental bomber from the Heinkel brothers capable of dropping a nuclear device also in the works. Conservative estimates place this happening no sooner than 1947. Now since Blitz2 doesn't really have an established timeframe (considering the inclusion of stuff thats not supposed to be there) it should be possible to add this plane as a Atomic Bomber. The Amerika Bomber was designed to fly far above any AAA's range of the era so the plane in game would either have to be modelled to fly at high alttitude or would be represented as a shadow flying across the map. Since its designed to fly from far away, the structure that calls it should be a bunker of some kind, limited to build one, and the recharge should be long, around 5-6 minutes.

Second, The U.S. and Russia had a significant Atomic Bomber arsenal by 1949, largely due to the capture of German scientists and prototypes. So both these sides should get an upgrade to their airfields that allows ONE airfield per side to extend its runway and build ONE Atomic Bomber (B-29 "Superfortress" for Allies and TU-80 "Bear" for the Soviets). This would fly in the same way as the German bomber except they take off from the map. The Timer for these should be between 4-5 minutes since you don't have to wait for the plane to arrive, but it would have a smaller area of effect than the German bomb.

Finally, Japan takes some more reasoning. Now Germany assuming it wasn't crushed in 1945 would try to enlist support from Japan to invade Russia again at some point. In 1945, a german U-boat containing fissionable materials and plans for an atomic weapon set sail for Japan. Assuming it actually passed the blockade, the Japanese would likely convert these plans into a prototype. But with the Americans in full control of the skies and no reliable missile technology to speak of how could they use it? Solution: Balloon nukes. Low Yeild nuclear charges dropped in mass over a large area. Each blast does a small amount of damage compared to single nukes but the combined effect would be massive. The controlling building would be a Weather Station with Hangar and the charge time would be long around 7-8 minutes, since it takes longer to build several bombs and float them across the map. Small nukes do exist (the Soviets made one that fit in a suitcase) so strapping a bunch to ballons doesn't seem too unreasonable, plus it be really cool looking!

As for Generals Abilities heres an interesting idea for the Germans: The "Dirty-Nuke" was the bomb that would be dropped from an "Amerika Bomber" in 1947. Basically it explodes in the atmosphere and spreads radiactive sand or "Silica" over a large radius causing radiation posioning. Similar effect to Anthrax bomb but doesn't kill immediately.

I had some ideas for the navy too but I guess that shouldn't been in this thread. The beauty of this plan is that everyone now has a superweapon and they're all basically balanced. Unless I left out a side you've added recently. If you guys discussed something like this already Im sorry for disturbing dusty topics...

Peace! ;)

i dont like your sas idea but i would also like 2 see more aircraft in bliz 2

and i liek your suppliers idead it would make it moee real for play ers but i think it owuld be hard to make it like

that

i dea for japans fighter Hayate "Gale" Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate i would really like 2 see this fighter in bliz 2

Allied Codename: Frank

Type: Single Seat Fighter Interceptor & Fighter Bomber

Powerplant: One 1,900 hp (1416 kw) Nakajima Ha-45 18-cylinder radial piston engine.

Performance: Maximum speed 392 mph (631 km/h) at 20,080 ft (6120 m); cruising speed 277 mph (400 km/h); service ceiling 34,350 ft (10500 m).

Range: 1,347 miles (2168 km) with internal fuel stores.

Weight: Empty 5,864 lbs (2660 kg) with a maximum take-off weight of 8,576 lbs (8390 kg).

Dimensions: Span 36 ft 10 1/2 in (11.24 m); length 32 ft 6 1/2 in (9.92 m); height 11 ft 1 1/2 in (3.39 m); wing area 226.05 sq ft (21.00 sq m).

Armament: Two fuselage mounted 12.7 mm (0.50 in) Type 1 machine guns and two wing mounted 20 mm Ho-5 cannon, plus two 551 lbs (250 kg) bombs or two 44 Imperial gallon (200 litre) drop tanks on external racks.

Variants: Ki-84 (prototype), Ki-84-Ia (production model designated Army Type 4 Fighter Model Ia Hayate), Ki-84-Ib (four 20 mm cannon), Ki-84-Ic (two 20 mm and two 30 mm cannon), Ki-84-II (wooden wing tips and rear fuselage), Ki-106 (all wooden construction prototype), Ki-113 (steel construction), Ki-116 (single example using a lighter and less powerful 1,500 hp (1119 kw) Mitsubishi Ha-33 radial engine).

Operators: Japanese Army.

In the summer of 1944 the Imperial Japanese Army introduced into operational service a new single seat interceptor fighter/fighter bomber the Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate (gale). With better manoeuvrability and climb rate than the redoubtable North American P-51H Mustang and the Republic P-47N Thunderbolt operating in the Pacific zone, it was encountered in all operational theaters and was effective at all altitudes. Allocated the Allied codename 'Frank" the Ki-64 would have posed considerable problems for the USAF had it appeared earlier and in larger numbers. In that event, Allied numerical superiority meant that the Japanese army overworked its Ki-84's, bringing unserviceability and maintenance problems that would not have arisen with more moderate usage.

Design of this new fighter began in early 1942 and the first prototype was flown in April 1943, its early testing progressing so well that a first service trial batch of 83 aircraft was ordered into production only four months earlier. A cantilever low wing monoplane of all-metal construction, except for fabric covered control services, the Ki-84 had retractable tailwheel landing gear, a Nakajima Ha-145 radial engine, and armament comprising of two fuselage mounted 12.7 mm (0.50 in) machine guns and two wing mounted 20 mm cannon. Service trials under operational conditions were convincing enough for the Ki-84 to be ordered into full scale production in late 1943 under the designation Army Type 4 Fighter Model 1A Hayate (Nakajima Ki-84-Ia) and later sub-variants included the Ki-84-Ib armed with four 20 mm cannon and the Ki-84-Ic with two 20 mm and two 30 mm cannon.

The types first major operational involvement was in the battle of Leyte at the end of 1944, and from that moment until the end of the Pacific war the Ki-84 was found wherever the action was intense. It was used as a fighter to attack and repel the Americans as they approached the home islands, as a dive bomber to harass enemy landings on the island stepping stones to Japan, in fighter bomber attacks against US bases on Okinawa and finally, as an interceptor in the air defence of Tokyo. In attempts to conserve light alloys three versions of the Hayate appeared with alternative construction. Only the first entered production, the Ki-84-II, which introduced wooden wingtips and rear fuselage; built in two variants, thes differed only by having armament similar to either the Ki-84-Ib or the Ki-84-Ic. The other two aircraft in this category were the three Ki-106 prototypes of all wooden construction, and the single Ki-113 which used a maximum content of steel for the same alloy saving purpose. Only one other prototype was built and flown, the experimental Ki-116 which was converted from a Ki-84-Ia, had a lighter weight 1,500 hp (1119 kw) Mitsubishi Ha-33 radial engine. When production ended in August 1945, a total of 3,514 Ki-84's and derivatives had been built by Nakajima (3,416), Mansyu (95) and Tachikawa (3), a remarkable short term achievement resulting from a programme that gave the Hayate utmost priority.

ki-84-main.jpg

"two 44 Imperial gallon (200 litre) drop tanks on external racks." wat are those things? lol

I guess I resurrected an old topic for no reason...

What is the final decision on superweapons, are they in or not?

Peace! B)

BTW i believe it was a radation bomb not on atomic bomb.

it was going to realse radation over new york.

Not sure whether its been decided yet but heres my ideas as to 5/3-star and super weapons:

5/3-star weapons:

Allies: Bombing run of B-17s or Lanchasters or something that could be shot down eventually but did tons of damage in a large areas (like the carpet bombs) Plus you could have something like a Typhoon or P-39 strike at 3-star with varying levels like the A-10 strike in Gen.

Germany: Fire bomb run, similar to the Allied version only it dropped fire bombs over the target area that work like firestroms. As for level 3 I think a V1 rocket attack with the number of rockets sent increasing for each level would work well.

Russia: YAK ATTACK!!!! Not sure how this will work but Im thinking a bunch or YaKs swoop in from off screen, riddle to target area with bullets, drop a bomb or two, and then swoop out. This would work for 5 or 3 star weapons. Or you could have a barrage of rockets from katayushias similar to Artillery. I know katayushias are most likely in game but it would mean that you dont have to get within range and would be good for campers.

Japan: Bit of a tough one, but something similar to a carrier plane attack only with more, tougher planes might work.

The good bit about using airstrikes or V1s for level 3 is that they could be shot down by AA (none of this unbalance because of artillery not being able to be shot down but A-10 strikes are) and the amount of planes/rockets could go up for each level.

Superweapons:

Allies: A-bomb, called in from a heavily fortified command bunker. Very destructive and very cool, taking a long time to prepare.

Germany: V2 rocket attack, cannot be shot down en-route, not as destructive but prepares quickly.

Russia: Not sure about this one.

Japan: Not sure about this one either. I really dont know alot about the Western fronts so I just dont know what tech Russia and Japan had.

why not for russia or japan something that is like the ambush of the GLA , but only with more troops.

As for Generals Abilities heres an interesting idea for the Germans: The "Dirty-Nuke" was the bomb that would be dropped from an "Amerika Bomber" in 1947.  Basically it explodes in the atmosphere and spreads radiactive sand or "Silica" over a large radius causing radiation posioning.  Similar effect to Anthrax bomb but doesn't kill immediately.

I know about the radiation bomb, I mentioned it toward the end. Well at least someone read my nonsense idea...

I guess the Generals attack ability for each side should be some kind of large bombing run with a few strength levels (like the A-10s in Generals). Just use different planes for each side.

USA: 1-3 B-17s

Britian: 1-3 Lancasters

Germany: 1-3 HE 111 or 2-5 Stuka JU-87d(or was it f? I remember two versions one with bombs and one with twin AT guns B) )

Russia: 2-5 Yaks

Japan: 1-3 Betty or 2-5 Archi-Vals

Italy: Im sure Rygar can suggest something... :D

amd there should be a 5-Star power for each side too, something unstopable like a Superweapon...

USA: Dresden Style Firebombing (3-5 B-17s dropping firebombs that create a swath of destruction)

Britian: Lancaster Dam Buster (Lancaster that drops a single 5,000lbs. Dam-Buster bomb, have to find a picture somewhere, it skips on the water like a stone and collides with a dam, in-game it would just drop as a really big bomb)

Germany: the Radiation Bomb would be good as in the NYC bombing scenario

Russia: Huge Artillery Rocket Strike (HARS)

Japan: Large Kamikazi strike either with Zeros, or those piloted jet-bombs Oatan(SP?)

Italy: Large Standard Artillery strike (like the Chinese in Generals) only cuz I can't think of anything else...

Peace! B)

Why go 5,000 when you have the 21,000? Give 'em the Grand Slam bomb! Yeah!

grand_slam01.jpg

bombscompared2.jpg

These bombs were used to kill both dams and the battleship Tirpitz... Damn thats a huge bomb.