DerelictStudios Forums
henford

Australian Hostage Kidnapped In Iraq....

Militants in Iraq have kidnapped an Australian citizen who has pleaded for US-led coalition forces to leave Iraq to save his life, according to a new videotape.

The tape, obtained by Associated Press Television News, showed a man identifying himself as Douglas Wood, 63, seated between two masked militants pointing automatic weapons at him.

A sign shown on the tape carried the name of the militant group responsible for the kidnapping, Shura Council of the Mujahedeen of Iraq. The group has previously claimed responsibility for attacks on US soldiers and Iraqi forces, plus the kidnapping of Turkish national Aytullah Gezmen, who was freed in September.

He appealed to Australian Prime Minister John Howard, US President George W Bush and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to order coalition forces out of Iraq and let Iraqis look after themselves, saying he did not want to die.

I have seen this happen before to American hostages and British hostages Kenneth Bigley, Jack Hensley and Eugene Armstrong, who were later beheaded in gruesome online videos.

It has now finally hit home and the Australian media have entered a state of panic. The fear is that the insurgents will hope to make an example of this man to Australian people and media. I hate to say it but it does not look good for Douglas Wood. :(

Thoughts?

I feel deeply sorry for him... if they do kill him i hope they do it fast and painless.

Edited by Mongoose

and why would there be media attention just when someone is beheaded and that footage is aired? ooh, gore, I like...

I mean, wtf, if someone dies, someone dies.

It sometimes make me mad that people end up hating their governments more than these sick people after seeing these things, they should go and die.

BTW, your sig is too big

I feel deeply sorry for him... if they do kill him i hope they do it fast and painless.

Usually they will be beheaded. Fast and painless.

Fast and painless? Have you seen one of the videos? Do you realise the head is sawed off, not just cut in one go. Watch the Eugene Armstrong video and then tell me it looks painless.

Yeah that was the Nick Berg video. He was already dead at the time, hence the lack of arterial bleeding from the neck.

Fast and painless? Have you seen one of the videos? Do you realise the head is sawed off, not just cut in one go. Watch the Eugene Armstrong video and then tell me it looks painless.

Sawed off and Cut off is different. Sawing a neck is totally pain duh....

It's something that can be said for capital punishment, the reoffending rate is very low.

I feel sorry for this guy, Surfice to say if we find these people I hope they send the SAS in (The British, Australian or both).

Those sand monkeys will probably behead him just to get extra media attention...

Just felt like saying I've lost any respect I had for you.

BTW people die every day in Iraq. WTF makes this guy so special? If you don't give a shit about Americans or British being beheaded why the hell do you care about some random Ausie guy you don't even know? And its clear you don't give a shit about Iraqi deaths or "sand monkeys" as you call them. As for the media in a state of panic... lmao, please. Its a ratings game. Do you honestly think the emmia gives a rats ass about some guys life. They probably prefer he be headed so they get more viewers. The sad thing here is that your not legally retard. You just choose to be an ignorant asshole. If insulting Henford gets me banned from here then please do because I really don't want to be recognized as having been past associated with any body that would tolerate such blatant racism and idiocy. I know there's people here that are way above this, but I'll just assume Phoib or Flyby, etc hasn't come accross this post yet.

Got past it, removed the refernence to the source and decided I didnt care.

And as for Henford calling the terrorists (Yes. I think people who behead other people, tape it and air it are terrorists. It doesn't matter if they believe in God, Allah, Santaclause or the tooth fairy...) sandmonkey's... Are you offended when I cal the Nazi's pigs?

And no, you are not going to get banned, or warned for this :P

Not all of us are sick enough to actually search a video online of someone getting beheaded.

It the victims famliys who give the terrorists what they want by begging the gov. to stop the war it makes the gov. look like they're the ones killing them. If it was me I say cut my head off you terrorists but i'm not gonna help you by pleading like a coward.

They won't stop everything for one person. If they stop now, many innocent people will die. Why do you tihnk the Iraqis want the US to leave?

It the victims famliys who give the terrorists what they want by begging the gov. to stop the war it makes the gov. look like they're the ones killing them. If it was me I say cut my head off you terrorists but i'm not gonna help you by pleading like a coward.

Sure.

Schwarzenegger? What power does he have over coalition forces? Methinks this particular hostage is a little confused...

Well, this is a tragedy to be sure, but I just hope Howard doesn't cave now like the Phillippines did.

It the victims famliys who give the terrorists what they want by begging the gov. to stop the war it makes the gov. look like they're the ones killing them.  If it was me I say cut my head off you terrorists but i'm not gonna help you by pleading like a coward.

Sure.

What I ment to say was begging ain't gonna help you, they're gonna kill you anyways, so why let them kill you and get their way and make your gov. look like a bunch of idiots (I don't like Bush so don't go yelling Republican). What will they do? Kill you more horificlly?

Edited by Delta Force

The hostage simply says what his captors tell him to say.He would not have appealed to arnold without being directed too.If you are looking for someone confused, look at the hostage takers.Or maybe they are smarter than they seem.

They guys familiy isnt begging for his life, nor calling for the government to recall troops.

Phoib, I find it difficult to believe that any form of hanging would not be painfull.Hanging was never supposed to be 'humane'.They still all take at least 10 seconds.Even if your neck snaps the instant the slack goes from the rope, you will definately still feel it(and you will not die for a number of seconds)

Edited by key0p

I was referring to the terrorists as sand monkeys, not the Iraqis in general. Thats not being racist, I would have the same hatred for Australian terrorists if they were executing innocent people live on camera.

It the victims famliys who give the terrorists what they want by begging the gov. to stop the war it makes the gov. look like they're the ones killing them.  If it was me I say cut my head off you terrorists but i'm not gonna help you by pleading like a coward.

And yes, you would be begging for your life. I have discussed this with people before, who said that they would start singing the star spangled banner whilst they were trying to read the arabic stuff leading up to the beheading. However, what you fail to realise is that begging is a natural human reaction. Humans generally have a natural reaction to prevent two things, being embarrassed and getting killed, and they will do anything that they think will prevent these two things. I am sure as with the other hostages, they think there is a glimmer of hope if they just do what those sand monkeys tell them to do.

The people (terrorists) conducting this shit are sick and should have their balls cut off, because killing them would be too quick. They will get there own back when America kills them then they can burn in hell.

Personally, I agree with mastermind, you calling arab terrorists 'sand monkeys' is like calling an african criminal a 'nigger', or using any other racial branding.Its a dehumanising term.

They murder innocent civilians on camera and parade the footage around like a trophy. They have no compassion. I do not consider these terrorists humans.