DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

May Showers - Of Updates!

Happy weekend everyone! Yes, it has been a while since our last update. But, never fear, this month we have a ton of new content to show off! Now that my computer is up and operating as it should, production has increased, and work is getting done like crazy!

Over the course of this month we'll be treating you folks to a nice mix of renders and screenshots! At the end of the month we'll be topping it all off with the first renders and screenshots of the first completed Iraqi units. Expect a new site style to match the new Iraqi units.

Now, onto today's updates! First off, the new and improved M2A3 Bradley troop carrier. It's armed with a 25mm Bushmaster cannon and a Linebacker missile system that can target both vehicles, buildings, and aircraft.

M2A3Bradley_s.jpg

Next up, a special addition, created for us by the team leader of Call To Arms, medicdude, the new USA infantry!

The eye candy:

NewInfantryRender_s.jpg NewInfantryCS_s.jpg

And what would be an update without screenshots? =)

MS01_s.jpg

U.S. Marines fire on a tower where an Iraqi sniper had been firing from.

MS02_s.jpg

The new USA Delta Force operative ingame.

MS03_s.jpg

All of the new USA infantry ingame. You can see the Marine, Delta Force, the AT4 Marine, the Pilot, and the old Delta Force Sniper. Please note that the Delta Force Sniper and the Pilot may not be the final versions.

Check back for more updates soon!

Edited by EvilViking

Happy your pc is up and running, since i started to see this site often, about 5 months ago you always had pc problems, happy they are over

Ah, this is just be but the Humvees backs look a bit extended :P

Nice inf guns though, better than the polygons (seriously) the old ones held :D

The ejected shells are huge though :P

:huh: wah, what happend to deset look 4 troops? now there all green like (I thoght the units all had a deset look, the abrams tank was changed from green to beygey colour...

and yes the shell casings are a bit huge but i think if they were any smaller then u wudnt see them zoomed out?

If you'd look at photos of real soldiers out in Afghanistan and Iraq right now, much of their gear is mismatched as well. Given the events in AAOW, this mismatch would be even greater, but they don't care, they've got a war to fight.

I've suggested that there be random soldiers with different sets of uniform and of different ethnicity, but I don't know if medicdude's gonna do them.

Edited by Godwin

for us default gamma users the infantry are all black :P you should always texture with proper colour settings ;)

Ooooooohh purty....

Yeah do mixed infantry man - its a great idea.

And also, dont forget they use mismatched too because NK is angry as well

^_^

Yeah new bradley can you pst a side-by-side picture of old and new one cause i wanna see the diffrence. the bradley is my fav unit U guys gonna add in hte stryker in 2.0 casue you should (i dint get to play 1.0 just 1.1 lol) is the stryker gonna have the diffrent load-outs (the Infantry Carrier Vehicle, Mobile Gun System, Anti-Tank Guided Missile Vehicle, Mortar Carrier Vehicle, Reconnaissance Vehicle, Fire Support Vehicle, Engineer Squad Vehicle, Commander's Vehicle, Medical Evacuation Vehicle, and a Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Reconnaissance Vehicle.) And nice infantry like the at-4 looks intimidating better then long grey uevan stick like in vanilla generals nice m4 like it! gj :D hope you put in stryker its an awesome vehicle!

take a look at this site to see the details Stryker , geez thi thing is fast 60 mph and tire inflaters and the turrets are remote and computer controlled so no infantry get shot the turrets has M2 .50 caliber machine gun or MK19, 40 mm grenade launcher.

It also can be dropped out of A cargo plane ( c 130 )

Will the bradley come with a squad of infantry again? and will they all be marines or at-4 and marines?

Edited by Fortune_33

for us default gamma users the infantry are all black :P you should always texture with proper colour settings ;)

I think that's just the render?

:lol: WOW that looks so great. They look so real in comparisson to the vanilla ones. Amazing. The Humvee looks fine to me. Will there be a Heavy sniper with a M82??? that would be so cool.

:sick: Oh man! Thats not exactly my favorite...in fact i completedly dislike that gun. Why cant he have an M24 or M40 or perhaps an M99-1? Those are REAL sniper rifles worth taking into open terrain battlefields. Not some dinky little wanna-be M16. SOrry, but Viking....please, you gotta change his weapon! :o

im just happy you stuck with the m-4 with the commandos weapon, but im excited because of the awsome graphics and upgrades! i will make a time machine some how and zap my self to the version 2.0 release... or at least it will give me something to do while i wait