DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USAF05

Hero Unit

OK, i did some research on some dudes who did above and beyond the call of duty in iraq and Afgahnistan, and i came up with the best one (no offense to the other guys).

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/soldierstories/s...ory_id_key=5409

THis dude, Mitchell, is perfect! Read his story, its so much like something youd see in command and conquer. :D I think we should name our hero unit Major Mitchell or Colonel Mitchell cause he really does deserve it. The first DSC since VIETNAM....wow! :lol:

I read his story, and yeh preety amazing, but i dont like the idea of heroes! its one guy and you can win a war with one guy, wtf! i think that you can only build like 5 'hero'(hero stats ie. veteren, good gun, stealth etc) commando guys who go around like commando's, even in the delta force commando pic thers 2 guys!

Mario> go to www.army.mil and click around till you get to soldier stories. If you look hard enough youll see his storie.

:D Here is the story since everyone is having trouble finding it.

...Maj. Mark E. Mitchell today became the first soldier since Vietnam to receive the Distinguished Service Cross, the nation's second-highest military award for valor.

Mitchell, a Special Forces officer, was awarded for leading a team of 16 American and British soldiers into combat operations against about 500 Taliban and al Qaeda-trained fighters who had taken over a fortress near Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan, where they had been imprisoned. Mitchell's actions freed an American held in Qala-I-Jangi Fortress by the rioting prisoners and ensured the posthumous repatriation of another American.

Mitchell's citation states that from Nov. 25-28, 2001, "his unparalleled courage under fire, decisive leadership and personal sacrifice were directly responsible for the success of the rescue operation and were further instrumental in ensuring the city of Mazar-e-Sharif did not fall back in the hands of the Taliban."

The Distinguished Service Cross was presented to Mitchell by Gen. Bryan "Doug" Brown, commander, U.S. Special Operations Command, in a ceremony this afternoon at MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.

“It is a tremendous honor,” Mitchell said. “But I don’t consider myself a hero. I am not personally convinced that my actions warranted more than a pat on the back. Wearing the Special Forces foreign service combat patch on my shoulder and serving with the finest soldiers in the world—is enough. I was just doing my job and our mission was accomplished.”

Mitchell was assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment, 3rd Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne), during his deployment to Afghanistan. He now is assigned to Special Operations Command Central, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla.

Or how about my dad. Colonel Karns he's been in both Iraqi war operations and Afghanistan, while he was in Afghanistan he was based at Joint Coalition Task Force Command (Delta Froce, British SAS, Australian SAS, Canadian SF, New Zealand SF, etc. main base of operations). PS He really likes ur mod. lol

Would using someone else's name for a video game be an issue of someone's privacy? Not something big, but I don't think everyone wants their name displayed on a public game.

Well im in CAP and ive got connections with the army, Ill could could always get his Phone# or Email and ask if it would be ok with him. :P

:blink: WHAT!!!!????? C'mon EvilViking, you gotta change it! Its stupid to name one unit a group. <_< Honestly if you want your mod to work out you cant rely on just the graphics to ammaze people. You got to use good diction. Please i dont care what you name him or her. Just not a group name like Delta force. Call him a Slpinter Cell for all i care. :lol:

or Just make it so that you can buy more then one. There are NO rambos in real life.

I like how CTA did there unit types:

UK Soldier/Rebel

Royal Marine/Militia

SAS/Commandos

AAOWs Equalivent

US Marine

US Ranger

Delta Operative

There was a primary unit for early on, then a better soldier for later on and then a special power to fly in commandos. I really think CTA did a good job on the infantry setup.

USAF, he is not the name of a unit/group cos he is the delta force operative

And that is not a group

At last, someone hit the nail on the head. :P

There are NO rambos in real life.

I guess you've never heard of Richard Marcinko then? :rolleyes:

Okay, he's not technically a "Rambo", but he could be considered a "Colonel Burton" kinda character without too much difficulty...