DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HKH

Xbox 360

What does the jewel do?

:D its for those special moments ...

WHAT DOES IT FRIKKEN DO?! TELL ME DAMN IT!

:lol: i have absolutly no idea :P

What does the jewel do?

I WILL DO A FRIKKEN SHADOWWOLF1 ON YOU! BUT wait a minute... I remember seeing the controllers having...NO FRIKKEN JEWEL ON THEM! AAARRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*eyeball explodes, head slumps forward, hitting the send button*

What does the jewel do?

I WILL DO A FRIKKEN SHADOWWOLF1 ON YOU! BUT wait a minute... I remember seeing the controllers having...NO FRIKKEN JEWEL ON THEM! AAARRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*eyeball explodes, head slumps forward, hitting the send button*

ill call 911 :D

I think your thinking of something different.

I think you're a dumb ass.

The PS2 controller was the first to have variable pressures for the buttons, and has had them since the consoles debut. The side shoulder buttons were on the SNES. It's nothing new or orignoal. Shutup.

I............live.............in.............au...aus..australia......bleh....don't....call.......9...1...1...

*blood all over keyboard, fingers slide and hit send*

Edited by TopazFreno

And I have a question about wireless controllers. At most LAN parties TV's/Xbox's are hooked up in the same room or very close together between two rooms. Now, say you've got a LAN party with 4 Xbox360's, that's gonna be about 16 wireless controllers. I want to know if MS will have up to 16 different wireless frequencies, because otherwise LAN parties could screw you up if your wireless controller runs on the same frequency as your buddies' wireless controller. That could get ugly.

The controllers are built so that the frequency jumps around, it also will not use a certain frequency if it detects that another device is using it, I don't think interference between the controllers is possible.

Topaz, if you would have read the article instead of acting like a jackass, you would find that the "jewel" is called the Ring of Light, it's purpose is to act as a center piece for the other multimedia functions of the Xbox (Movies, Music, etc).

True? Cool. It's just that the Xbox 360 doesn't seem good. It really seems like a 3rd party console, because of the way it looks.

Edited by TopazFreno

hmmm so if i get it right the console of today are going to be the game pc's of tomorow...

I dont like the idea :s

@TopazFreno : Ill call skippy the bush kangaroo.... :P

Edited by pinbag

And I have a question about wireless controllers.  At most LAN parties TV's/Xbox's are hooked up in the same room or very close together between two rooms.  Now, say you've got a LAN party with 4 Xbox360's, that's gonna be about 16 wireless controllers.  I want to know if MS will have up to 16 different wireless frequencies, because otherwise LAN parties could screw you up if your wireless controller runs on the same frequency as your buddies' wireless controller.  That could get ugly.

The controllers are built so that the frequency jumps around, it also will not use a certain frequency if it detects that another device is using it, I don't think interference between the controllers is possible.

Topaz, if you would have read the article instead of acting like a jackass, you would find that the "jewel" is called the Ring of Light, it's purpose is to act as a center piece for the other multimedia functions of the Xbox (Movies, Music, etc).

Thanks for being one of the few sensable people in this topic.

Seriously, once you get outside a certain (relatively small) range, then sometimes the messages from the controllers get jumbled up. Sometimes the wrong messages get sent, and that is seriously annoying. I had a wireless controller for 2 days. I have had bad experiences with wireless.

Seriously, once you get outside a certain (relatively small) range, then sometimes the messages from the controllers get jumbled up. Sometimes the wrong messages get sent, and that is seriously annoying. I had a wireless controller for 2 days. I have had bad experiences with wireless.

Well jolly gee, that's why there's usually a maximum effective distance posted right on the package!

I know, but sometimes they lie and say: "For maximum effect, stay within 20 metres"

When I stay within 20 metres, it doesn't work! I always stay within half of what the box says.

I experienced the same thing. The box says stay within this distance and I stand damn near directly in front of it and it often doesn't work that well. I don't care anymore because I'm not gonna use wireless controllers.

Same with me. I remember I was at my friends house. His neighbour has an xbox with wireless too. I cranked up my wirless and started screwing up the neighbours xbox!

You couldn't do that. Your reciever must have been connected to his Xbox or something in order for that to work.

Try the Nintendo Wavebird with a Gamecube, that thing works wonders (even though it doesn't have rumble)!

Anywho, I just hope the 360 has good games on it (so I can play it ay my friend's house :D).

Edited by Darth Andrew

What's a wavebird?

*sigh* It's the Nintendo-liscensed wireless controller for the Gamecube seen here. It's either colored gray or platinum, and I swear the signal can go through walls easily.

Edited by Darth Andrew