DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

More May Updates!

It's update time again! Remember, this month we're bringing you new renders and screenshots every weekend, part of our "May showers of updates", that will culminate at the end of the month with renders and screenshots of the first completed Iraqi unit!

To start off today's updates, a render of the Military Checkpoint. This USA base defense structure replaces the Infantry Bunker. The emplaced Bradley IFV can fire both it's 25mm Bushmaster cannon and it's TOW missiles at enemy targets. Up to four infantry can take cover in the Checkpoint as well, adding to it's firepower. The Military Checkpoint is cheap and fast to build.

MilitaryCheckpoint_s.jpg

And now, here's 5 brand new screenshots from the private 1.3 alpha!

MS05_s.jpg MS06_s.jpg MSMMSS01_s.jpg

MSMMSS02_s.jpg MSMMSS03_s.jpg

We'll see you next week!

Wow nice models :D

May I ask what detail level that was run at because some of the buildings and models seem to be a little blurry and low detailed compared to mine (I'm running it on highest everything)

Hmm... the airctafts missile trails IMO arent that nice... :(

Its just me but I really like the single line style ones from the original Generals.

Unless of course, you guys could make the smoke puffs smaller and closer together :D

Hmm... the airctafts missile trails IMO arent that nice...

I worked hard on those. :P Yeah, the screenie was at a bad point. They look great ingame, I'll try and fit them into a video sometime. Trust me, it looks good. ;)

EDIT: And the Military Checkpoint is about the same size as the Infantry Bunker was, maybe a little bit "longer".

Edited by EvilViking

Very nice, looks like a defence that can be set up in a hurry and will be sturdy enough to hold against enemy attacks. Good Job.

the bunker bugs me * 2 parts of the walls are sticking out *the stop sign *and theres no sand bags and if its gonna be that big it needs more infantry slots besides that its awsome and remember to make it have better protection for its infantry and more hp/armor the old bunker was very weak died easy and the infantry died almost all the time and the range of the 25mm cannon made it useless needed more range atleast this time it uses its tow missle :D

I agree, more infantry slots. Plus, the cannon needs a faster rate of fire. It takes me a while to kill 1 soldier with that cannon. THats with 2 bunkers going at it. maybe 10-15 shot to kill it (estemate) There should also be an upgrade to add some machine guns to it so it can pack a bit bigger punch against infantry. And maybe some sandbags for additional protection

EDIT: And make the Paladins cannon angle less dramatic. 45-60 degrees is all that is needed, tops. And maybe an upgrade which puts an M-2 on the Paladin Turret

Edited by Paladin327

I agree, more infantry slots. Plus, the cannon needs a faster rate of fire. It takes me a while to kill 1 soldier with that cannon. THats with 2 bunkers going at it. maybe 10-15 shot to kill it (estemate) There should also be an upgrade to add some machine guns to it so it can pack a bit bigger punch against infantry. And maybe some sandbags for additional protection

EDIT: And make the Paladins cannon angle less dramatic. 45-60 degrees is all that is needed, tops. And maybe an upgrade which puts an M-2 on the Paladin Turret

Well, a 45 degree angle would put the shell to much ahead. The Cannon angle looks fine to me. I mean, I've see a M109A6 fire (at a demonstration) and their cannon angle for around, I think, 1000 yards was a VERY high 90 degree one.

About the cannon rate fire, M2A2ODS Bradleys usually file at that rate. I think the way it is is perfect.

I worked hard on those. :P Yeah, the screenie was at a bad point. They look great ingame, I'll try and fit them into a video sometime. Trust me, it looks good. ;)

Guess Ill take your word for it then :D

The coolest thing with the structures is they look alot more in place than the generals ones. I mean, when are you going to build a Nuclear Cold Fusion reactor in the battlefield? The Bunker looks like it was just thrown together by the soldiers, and that makes it seem so much more realistic and cooler.

The coolest thing with the structures is they look alot more in place than the generals ones. I mean, when are you going to build a Nuclear Cold Fusion reactor in the battlefield? The Bunker looks like it was just thrown together by the soldiers, and that makes it seem so much more realistic and cooler.

That's exactly what I meant when I said hastily built on my post. Your exactly right, people talk about putting howitzers down and remote-controlled machine guns, but that's not feasible within the time restrictions of the game. So, Sandbag bunkers with vehicles as heavy weapons is the best choice.

veeeeery cool bunker

i only had one prolem with it: if i play against any kind of GLA their scorpions anthrax shells kill my infantry in one shot and i always put in a delta guy (colonel), a sniper and 2 rocket man so it's not cheap to replace them in every attack

Wow nice models :D

May I ask what detail level that was run at because some of the buildings and models seem to be a little blurry and low detailed compared to mine (I'm running it on highest everything)

You may not have noticed that the blurriness is inconsistent, some screens have sharp and blurry textures from the same object, I think it's just no/bad anisotropic filtering

:D w00t

nice nice this mod going to be the best mod ever such detailed infantry and buildings

maybe you could insert some nice music what about red alert 2 - Hell march 2 i think everyone will know that one :rolleyes:

:light bulb: I got it, maybe instead of just updates every weekend in may, how bout updates every weekend? yeah i know, wont have many new renders every weekend, but maybe some screenshots to hold us over until the next renders.

Wow nice models  :D

You may not have noticed that the blurriness is inconsistent, some screens have sharp and blurry textures from the same object, I think it's just no/bad anisotropic filtering

ya thats probably it because I'm also running it at 16x AF and 8x AA :D

Remember, this month we're bringing you new renders and screenshots every weekend, part of our "May showers of updates", that will culminate at the end of the month with renders and screenshots of the first completed Iraqi unit!

Read more carefully, I'm getting tired of quoting myself. :P

:D w00t

nice nice this mod going to be the best mod ever such detailed infantry and buildings

maybe you could insert some nice music what about red alert 2 - Hell march 2 i think everyone will know that one :rolleyes:

omg, the red alert 2 music was amazing, when i didnt have it anymore i went

to the shops and boght it just 4 the music! :D

That's exactly what I meant when I said hastily built on my post. Your exactly right, people talk about putting howitzers down and remote-controlled machine guns, but that's not feasible within the time restrictions of the game. So, Sandbag bunkers with vehicles as heavy weapons is the best choice.

well actually in the same time frame that it would take to place that adding mgs and a howitzer would not be a problem the latest palidin howtizer can keep up with main armored division and in one minute can get into place and already be fireing the plaidin may have less range but sets up, packs up and leaves,and ,automaticliy finds its target with great accuracy being improved bye the new shell being used in 2006 allowing it to hit single building in a highly populated city without hitting anything but the building and can EVEN CHANGE direction in mid air sorry just wanted to say that :lol: and towed guns can be pulled and set up very fast also and a few infantry maning the mgs the but the wall thingys infront you see um on roads would take a crane to move them and place um highly unrealistic replace with sandbags and the bradley does fire a little slow ive watched a bradley fire it does fire a bit faster and the gun needs more power/range anyways useally in a road block they use humvees yes i would like to see hell march 1&2 in the mod yea and youd best upgrade the bunkers defense i can remember 3 battlemasters owning it the single most weakest tank on the battle field and the infantry inside dieing instantly with chem fire and normal tank rounds i watched as my infantry died every atack costing me lots of money unless i massed anti armor and snipers but that just prolonged there death dieing bye artillery :( and those of you looking for realisem oil powerplants riseing in less then a min nukes only destroying a part of your base *real nuke would destroyed the map* and the bradleys tow missle kills tanks in single hits in real life and the particle cannon wow and they say aow direct actions unrealistic *PARTICLE CANNON BIG GIANT LASER* :lol:

Sign in to follow this