DerelictStudios Forums
Darth Andrew

What Didja Think Of It?

What did you think of Episode III?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Episode III?

• It was freakin' amazing!
    • It was merely OK.
    • It was a craptacular movie!
    • I swear on my grave to never see it....
    • Other (please post)

And unfortunatally the last Star Wars EVER!!!

Maybe not.

They may go on to the story of the New Republic and the Thrawn Campaign and the invasion of the New Republic by the Yuuzan(?) Vong.

Those dudes are creepy. :ph34r:

Lucas has said this is the last. Something along the lines of "Star Wars is the story of Darth Vader. That's done now. It's over."

Thrawn still pwns n00bs.

I thought it was amazing. But they could have left out the part where Anakin says that a Jedi Councilor not being a Master has never happened before (did you forget Ki-Adi-Mundi? Or did Lucas intentionally go out of his way to run that storyline over?), included the full-body-shell Y-wings seen in the first of the Incredible Cross-Sections books, and had Anakin fly the Sith Infiltrator to Mustafar (the imagery! The tie-ins! The Sithness!)

Stop fucking post spoilers.

Edited by Phoib

I fucking hated it.

If there is any justice in the world, George Lucas will be shot.

In the balls.

Twice.

I fucking hated it.

In the balls.

Twice.

That was... very clear. Yes, we now understand your opinion.

Idiot. <_<

I fucking hated it.

In the balls.

Twice.

That was... very clear. Yes, we now understand your opinion.

Idiot. <_<

Hey, fuck off. I'm entitled to my opinion. Just because it isn't yours doesn't make me an "idiot". If anything, you are the idiot for automatically assuming my opinion is invalid because it's different.

But, so be it:

*spoilers*...I guess some people don't have enough to sense to read the title and still read this thread when they don't want spoilers...*sigh*

A. Vader =/= Willem Dafoe. The "noooo" and the Platoon pose was just...no. The whole theater burst out laughing. I doubt that's the reaction George was looking for. When the mask I went on, I was like, "fuck yeah, this is what we've all come for..." and then all that went up in a puff of smoke with the "nooooo..."

B. CGI =/= realistic. The wierd lizard thing, anyone? Seriosuly, ILM is supposed to be the best in the buisness. This was about all the movie had going for it (although Hayden's acting was actually decent until Obi got to Mustafar), and IMO, it failed. I thought the friggin' models in Ep. IV looked better. I tried just ignoring it, but I couldn't because the CGI is in EVERY SCENE! It just didn't look real.

C. Yoda =/= crazy kung-fu midget. AotC was bad enough...this was ridiculous.

D. Mace vs Palpy - this was almost as lame as the fight in ep. IV. But they had an excuse back then - you just couldn't have an old man do flips and complex lightsaber moves and shit. But now....

E. Acting. This was actually remarkably better, I admit, but there were still plenty of times I was almost embarrassed to be in the theater. How in the hell do you make Samuel L. Jackson look like a bad actor? Seriously...

All in all, there was just nothing that wowed me. Yes, it was the best (er...least craptastic, I guess...) of the prequels, but that's like saying being hit in the face with a baseball bat is better then being castrated with a butane lighter.

And you know what? It makes me sad. I want to like this movie, but I can't. I almost felt like crying, just because I have to pretend these prequels don't exist. I was just so disappointed.

EDIT: Wow, I don't agree with the critics...why am I not suprised? http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_3/

Edited by Phoib

Well, you are in a thread titled "What Did You Think Of It?"....

Edited by Purplemonkey

To PurpleMonkey:

Wow, you sure changed your avatar quickly. Angry mob at your doorstep change your mind, hmm? (BTW, is that little guy on your avatar the leg of Scuzzlebutt from that South Park episode?)

To PurpleMonkey:

Wow, you sure changed your avatar quickly. Angry mob at your doorstep change your mind, hmm? (BTW, is that little guy on your avatar the leg of Scuzzlebutt from that South Park episode?)

1. Yes, I figure it's just not worth the trouble.

2. yes, that is Scuzzlebutt's foot. :)

Purplemonkey, I'm sure you feel like a badass now that you have disagreed with a lot of people, and I'm sure there are many more "renegades" such as yourself, but really, exaggerating THAT much to get the point across was unnecessary. We know you're trying to be cool by not liking it, but you don't have to get your panties in a wad about it.

Purplemonkey, I'm sure you feel like a badass now that you have disagreed with a lot of people, and I'm sure there are many more "renegades" such as yourself, but really, exaggerating THAT much to get the point across was unnecessary. We know you're trying to be cool by not liking it, but you don't have to get your panties in a wad about it.

Haha, good one, SM! :lol: B)

:lol: Ha ha ha. Told! :lol:

Hey, fuck off. I'm entitled to my opinion. Just because it isn't yours doesn't make me an "idiot". If anything, you are the idiot for automatically assuming my opinion is invalid because it's different.

I wasn't implying that you aren't entitled to your opinion, I was pointing out how retarded that post was. All anyone could have gotten out of your first post is "omg teh star warz 3 it teh suxx0rz!!!11". :P

Your second post was much more clear, although I still disagree.

Um, no. I honestly hated it, and that is honestly how I feel about it. In fact, the majority of people I know in real life hated it too.

Edited by Purplemonkey