DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

May Showers Of Upates #3

Here is the final update before we release the render of the first Iraqi unit! Despite exams and other usual-life work, as you can see, a lot has gotten done this month. With the redone USA hovering around 85% complete, things are looking good! Expect an update to the website itself sometime in the next week with a new header, and updated info on the main page.

First off, some sad news. Long time team member Pestilence64 has had to bid us farewell, as he's currently going back to art school, and is all out of free time. Pestilence64 was an amazing help, produced excellent work, and was extremely reliable. Best of luck to ya buddy. :) Of course, we're now quite shorthanded, as Pestilence was our only other modeler/texture artist/rigger. If you can help out in any way, please post in this topic:

http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...?showtopic=8799

To start off our next to last "May Showers of Updates", the completely remodeled and retextured USA Airfield!

USAAirfield_s.jpg

And now, a defense structure unique to An Act of War, the Patriot PAC-IIII (or PAC-4) missile system. The Patriot, made famous in the 1991 Gulf War, was originally an anti-ballistic missile/anti-aircraft missile launcher, coupled with power and RADAR units. With Iraqi weapons deals with China in 2003 and France in 2004, the United States needed a missile system able to not only engage Iraq's new SU-37 fighter-bombers and other aircraft, but ground targets as well.

The Patriot PAC-4 uses enhanced RADAR coverage from both the local Command Center, any nearby Airfields, as well as airborne E-3 AWACs to engage nearby ground targets. The first of it's kind, the PAC-4 is limited in it's range against ground units, and attempting to fire at enemy infantry is usually a waste of taxpayer's money. If power is lost, the Patriot loses both it's RADAR coverage and it's ability to function.

Patriot_s.jpg

Of course, here's your weekly fix of ingame screenies as well!

MES01_s.jpg MES02_s.jpg MES03_s.jpg

MES04_s.jpg MES05_s.jpg

Tune in next weekend for the Iraqi render!

Edited by EvilViking

The new patriot is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... *inhale*oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the old version

I made the old one back in July, using only parts from other Generals models, without ANY pictures or blueprints, in about an hour. :lol:

wow that airfield looks cool!

but you should make a new dozer model koz it still looks crappy.

And you should release a new beta when USA is complete

Superior work as usual gentelmen. Airfield and patriot look incredible. A 1.5 update would make my year. Keep up the good work and I hope you guys can find a replacement for pestilence and keep the progress going.

Excellent Work!, just one question, will you be making any changes to the patriots statistics? and an idea, why not make patriots dragable by dozers?

are you tring to make the days till the next realease go slower? i mean it already seems like a year has passed since your last update! this mod will be the ulitmate mod for generals hands down!

Yeah nice airfeild! cant wait to put your woonderful airplanes inside of it very nice ;)

Ill be sting around the AAOW forum for about 2 week ig to kick ed off of cwc forums :(

Got in a fight with a guy he said stuff about my mom :angry: anyway nice work on airfeild

I was wondering with your unit renders (infantry) what weapon will they use i think you guys should use THE m8 i love that gun!

Some parts are reused, or rather, the Iraqi airfield you've seen before has been discarded and a new one was made.

oh ok, so did u base the design of the us one off this af or is this one a new one?....and is it harder to select the induvidual planes inside, although this would seem a stupid question, its sometimes hard to get planes up quick if ur rushing....like with zero hour china airfields

Edited by Ty2

i mean this one... [/img]

This is almost FPS class graphics

*thinks of CS 1.6

Edited by EvilViking

The USA Airfield started out as an Iraqi Airfield, but it was decided that it was more suited to the USA (with a lot of work, as you can see). The Iraqi Airfield has been completely remodeled.

How did you find that pic? :huh: