DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

Assad Babl 2 - First Iraqi Render!

Hello again, everybody! This weekend's update comes a day early, as in about an hour, I'm heading off to Washington D.C. until Tuesday. Now, it's finally time for the first Iraqi render! Presenting, the Iraqi Assad Babl 2, translated, "Lion of Babylon 2".

The Assad Babl 2 starts out ingame as the light "Assad Babl 1", an Iraqi version of the famous T-72U. Through the Overaul Upgrade, the Assad Babl is updated to the 2 version, an Iraqi variant of the T-90 with extra armor, weapon upgrades, and other additions. The Assad Babl 2 can also be upgraded with Sniper Missiles. Shown here is the T-90 variant, the Assad Babl 2.

Assad_Babl_2_s.jpg

And here's the very first ingame screenshots of the Assad Babl 2 in action:

MS09_s.jpg IS01_s.jpg

IS02_s.jpg IS03_s.jpg

Thanks for tuning in all month! Be sure to check out our forums as well, were you can discuss AAOW and comment on news posts! Simply click the Comments link below this post, or the Forums link on the sidebar.

Dude this rocks, I can't wait for the other Iraqi units and structures, but for now I'm just happy for this, good thing I skipped school today. :P

I will say one thing about you guys, you sure do pump out a lot of work. Kudos to you and your staff.

:blink: That thing is freakin' amazing.... It kind of reminds me of the Apocalypse Tank (without the two barrels, of course).

woah, amazing, freek'n amazing those screenshots are, amazing work, and correct me if im wrong but i herd sumthing about 2.0 comming out at the end of may? i dont know tell me if im being to hopefil here...

Thank you AAOW team for creating such a badass version of my favourite tank. I know who I'm playing as when the next version of AAOW comes out. :ph34r:

Awesome work as always, I am looking forward to your other Iraqi units.

sweet tank! it looks as good as the Abrams in-game too, they make a good matchup. is that green stuff I see spreading around the USA defenses <_< toxic shells :P

ooooo, nice tank, keep up the fan-fricken-tastic work!

in the last pick, looks like those Iraq tanks are goin to get creamed by the american defense

hmmm graphics look good seems good... one minor flaw its too powerful... a machine gun is more powerful than it in real life! <_< hahaha, just joking looks great hope the m1 can pwn it no problem :)

can someone shed some light on my question i asked?

Not sure if it applies to this mod too, but:

"soon"? :D

with usa at 85% and iraq at ???% we have no idea on how much of iraq is done so the realease probabliy 2006 it took i think around 7 or 8 months to get this far

i reckon the aaow team should release a completed US version just so they dont loose to many impatient fans, im gonna wait for it, but id really like to see the new US side

Hey guys, its been a while since ive been on the forums, lots of Civil Air Patrol Meetings. Ive been doing liason duty for my squadron and SW HQ at Fort Worth/Dallas. Great tank guys, absolutely amazing. hard to think that you guys are making EA look like a bunch of amuteurs. Will you please put up a beta with all that? Just to test it out for you guys....oh yah, and to have fun and brag. :lol:

Despite the fact that you guys are a little short on personnel, this is going by much more quickly than i expected. Great job guys. AAOW is the best game in the world.....for the moment.....just kidding! :D

post-92-1117780197.jpg

Edited by USAF05

Sign in to follow this