DerelictStudios Forums
blackhawk

M2 Bradley

I noticed that in 1.1 the Bradley is super weak (as is the M1).

What about this:

Bradley armour decreased.

25mm gun power increased

25mm cannons rate of fire increased (majorly)

25mm cannons range decreased

TOW is super powerful but takes ages to reload (just like the scorpean rocket)

Will the M1s firepower be increased in 2.0??? Its REALLY weak.

good points, i noticed that it is freakin weak, but the tow shoots about 5 miles. It's like an all-purpose rocket buggy with that thing.

The main gun should get a very big upgrade, they can kill tanks with that thing quite easily (just a couple dozen rounds)

They can shoot about 500 rounds per minute

It would be nice to have more powerful M1a2s, but they would totally own. Try taking on the infantry general in Zero Hour with a couple of them. They only thing you have to keep in mind are planes. As long as they have the machine gun upgrade, they can kill every ground unit easily in groups. Scorpion rockets are weak against them (compared to other tanks) battlemasters are too weak, and Overlords are too slow.

Flame tanks don't even get a chance.

I noticed that in 1.1 the Bradley is super weak (as is the M1).

What about this:

Bradley armour decreased.

25mm gun power increased

25mm cannons rate of fire increased (majorly)

25mm cannons range decreased

TOW is super powerful but takes ages to reload (just like the scorpean rocket)

Will the M1s firepower be increased in 2.0??? Its REALLY weak.

First off the M2A3 Bradley uses a 20mm M2 Bushmaster not a 25mm

1: No, if anything the M2 should get ERA, like in real life

2: The power is fine as it is

3: I agree

4: No, that thing shoots like 6 feet, it's useless in the infantry bunker as it can barely shoot Rocket Infantry or tanks

5: Maybe a little more powerful, just decrease the range slightly

Its an A3?? Don't they have fireports?

As for ERA, it could be an upgrade..........

I agree that the 20mm should be very effective versus tanks and with the TOW having a slow recharge is would balance. eg at the start of an ingagement the Bradley lunches its TOW and then uses its 20mm for the rest of the firefight (unless its a long one). Although I don't think it should be stronger then the tanks just resonably powerful.

Wow, guys I just remembered something that would be absolutely tite ingame. Right now, the Bradley's TOW (ingame) shoots from the down position, which is where the tow is in realife when not in combat. In real life, when engaged or entering combat, the TOW rotates up. Look at the pics in the link above.

(I know its another mod, but the Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 shows off the tanks realistically, at least the Bradley)

You could have the Bradleys roll around with the TOW down, and when an enemy is approaching or you tell it to attack, the TOW comes up.

By the way, a TOW rocket is extremely powerful. not even an M1A2 would be feeling okay after a hit from one.

ERA would be pretty cool. Would you see a difference in the look of the tank? I hated in generals how you bought upgrades and you couldn't see the effects of many of the upgrades until the upgraded units fired or got shot at.

p.s. it is a 25mm Bushmaster. Look at the specs in the link.

Could it be possible to put in the BMP-3? It would act to balance things out, and it has a rocket launcher.

Edited by codster

I think a 2 is closer...

Similar cannon arnament and a AT rocket on the roof to boot!

I havent seen a BMP-3 rocket launcher yet, but its 100mm gun is quite a bit of firepower.

very true! And by the way, i've been talking to some of my army friends, and they said that the thing they like the most about the bradleys is the fire ports. They help a lot in close quarters like in town (fallujah) where it takes too long for the turret to rotate to shoot at someone with an RPG. Will the Babl-2 get Explosive reactive armor? That would be awesome. Oh yah, and the M2 is the coolest. Is the M6 Bradley Linebacker a real vehicle or just something off of Battlefield 2???

Yes the Bradley Linebacker is a real vehicle, and it might be hard to animate the TOW launcher raising and lowering. And yes, the Bradley needs fireports, that's what makes it cool.

Remember the game also needs balancing, I don't think firing ports will be added since there's really no need for that. The Bradley in AAOW is more of an all-rounded vehicle, similar to the Humvee, but is slower, better armoured, and has antiair capability. (I don't work on AAOW so I don't know the other details, like passenger capacity)

Edited by Godwin

heres an idea, how about decreasing the range a bit so its equal to the cannons range, and how about decreasing the range of the AI AT-4 marine

Yes the Bradley Linebacker is a real vehicle, and it might be hard to animate the TOW launcher raising and lowering. And yes, the Bradley needs fireports, that's what makes it cool.

HAHA! to add upgrades, have the ability to have the Bradley as a normal vehicle, and you can spend a generals point on the Bradley "Linebacker". Those things are bad! They would be able to take out aircraft easily, but they might pushout the Avenger, since they can still fight armor with their maingun.

About the launcher not ging to be able to be animated and raising up, you could just have it fixed in the upright position. I think it may be possible to animate, like the Paladin's gun raising up, which it can do on the move.

Definetly right about the AT4 marine, they use the laser guided missle attack from vanilla Zero HOur. I noticed that the AI on the USA side is still the normal USA in ZEro HOur. They do the A10 strike with F18's (funny, because they still have the health of an F18, but it still hurts.)

Edited by codster

It's not that hard to make a weapon change it's allignment to open fire. Though, I do like how you guys question it's modding ability, and don't make stupid impossible demands without questiong that. Like most mod fans do.

Edited by Opals25

great idea AETAaAs. 2 is better cause it is very similar to the bradley in purpose, only the M2 is LOADS better, ha ha. :lol:

The bradley should be left as a bradley :P, no point in doing 100 diffrent things to it to make it perfect, maybe the linebacker upgrade could be avalible at the wf, much like the tow missle upgrade.