DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fritz

Which Tank Should Be The Strongest...?

I wonder if there will be any "god" in the tank series?

Should they all be same strong and quick or should their be the "one great tank" on the battlefield? ...I could imagine the kingtiger be the "one"!

Super heavy, JagdTiger :ph34r: The most powerful tank ( IIRC). Though, I'm not sure if you put this in, because tactically it was crap, just dam strong, 128mm gun. I'll have to wait for it to be released and see :lol:

think the maus was better :

Armament (mm)

Main 12.8 cm KwK44 L/55

15 cm KwK L/44

Secondary 75 mm KwK44 L36.5

MG 7.92 mm MG34

Side arms

I only would have liked the E-100 to be completed. That would have been the god tank. ^_^

Btw, ive read reports of one E-100 prototype holding some sort of a last stand against the allies, then being destroyed by bombers, for it was almost invincible.

Dont know if some people know alot about the german tank history. I personally can only find proof of a chassis prototype. Is this true? or is it a "story"?

btw, did find some really old pictures of the E-100. Maybe...heheh

Btw, ive read reports of one E-100 prototype holding some sort of a last stand against the allies, then being destroyed by bombers, for it was almost invincible.

Dont know if some people know alot about the german tank history. I personally can only find proof of a chassis prototype. Is this true? or is it a "story"?

btw, did find some really old pictures of the E-100. Maybe...heheh

You're mixing up Maus rumours with E-100 fantasies.. ;)

The story goes that at least one of the Maus prototypes was used to defend the factory grounds against the advancing Russian troops.

There is however a report of an allied confrontation with a jagdtiger, that forced the troops to call in air support, because nothing was able to penetrate its armour (250mm frontal armour!!!!)...

The only E-100 found was the chassis the US troops found at the Henschel factory and the British shipped to England, where, after examination, they've scrapped it...^_^

Here is a page with a superb E-100 scale model:

http://www.missing-lynx.com/gallery/german/jbe100.htm

And this is by far the best historical site about the E-100...

http://www.wwiitech.net/main/germany/vehic...html#E%20Series.

If you have some rare pictures of the E100, I'm interested in seeing them...

Excuse me if i'm wrong but why in the hell did hitler dump valuable money into giant tanks like the maus and p-1000 while it could be sent to giving troops on the eastern front winter supplies.

You got a wrong understanding of how the war industry worked those days.

In Germany each company was free to make war proposals. At certain point "contests" were written out for medium, heavy and superheavy tanks.

It were the companies themselves that undertook the commisions.

However, when resources were getting rare, the German war department stopped certain running programs, like the superheavy tanks.

You got a wrong understanding of how the war industry worked those days.

In Germany each company was free to make war proposals. At certain point "contests" were written out for medium, heavy and superheavy tanks.

It were the companies themselves that undertook the commisions.

However, when resources were getting rare, the German war department stopped certain running programs, like the superheavy tanks.

Thus creating technological innovation but little that can be used reasonably.

Just to clear things up, if we're speaking only in terms of armor and firepower, the M-28 superheavy is easily the god of tanks. Armor a foot thick and a 105mm gun firing an APDS penetrator round at 3700fps (Jagdtiger and Maus's 128mm fired at only 2800fps) make it both the most deadly, and the hardest to destroy.

Then you have to realize that if it's lost then you're down $7000 (A T-34/85 for the Russian Defence of the Motherland general costs $380) and it only moves at .000000000001 mph.

but not by much :D

On a small map, it took me half an hour to get six of them to Smurf's base. I had to fight off two huge separate T-34 rushes on the way, but he still managed to only take out two of them (Though two more were nearly wasted)

So maybe the maus is the strongest tank but i think to be the strongest doesnt mean being the best! The best tank has to be strong and quick!

So maybe the kingtiger could be it right?

(...i dont know to much about tanks so tell me what u guys think!)

As and english speaker, I always thought the name Maus was a bit oxymoronic :D

Here's my tank-power question. Will the T-34 be the killer it was in the real war, or has it been toned down to keep balance? (I'm sure it's been asked, but I haven't seen anything on it)

On a small map, it took me half an hour to get six of them to Smurf's base. I had to fight off two huge separate T-34 rushes on the way, but he still managed to only take out two of them (Though two more were nearly wasted)

wow that is really slow or that might be a video card (just like my case)

T-34 rushes :D sound interesting

oh where are you producing T-34 in the warfactory for the light tanks for for the heavy tanks?

Just to clear things up, if we're speaking only in terms of armor and firepower, the M-28 superheavy is easily the god of tanks. Armor a foot thick and a 105mm gun firing an APDS penetrator round at 3700fps (Jagdtiger and Maus's 128mm fired at only 2800fps) make it both the most deadly, and the hardest to destroy.

there were APDS rounds back then?? or am i confusing it with APFSDS?

there were APDS rounds back then?? or am i confusing it with APFSDS?

Nowadays the US army uses "Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot" antitank rounds made of depleted uranium. Back then, we had the Armor Piercing Discarding Sabot penetrators made of tungsten carbide or tungsten/steel alloy. The older sabot rounds were fired from rifled barrels and got their accuracy from the spin. This pic shows the difference: http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/armania/armor...wer/ap_ammo.gif

wow that is really slow or that might be a video card (just like my case)

The average tank went about 20+mph. The M-28 went only 8mph on a good day and good surface.

So maybe the maus is the strongest tank but i think to be the strongest doesnt mean being the best! The best tank has to be strong and quick!

So maybe the kingtiger could be it right?

No, we just told you very plainly that the M-28 is the strongest. Lay off the Königstiger. It's also slow, unmaneuverable, has a slow turning turret, and very expensive. If you want the "Best" tank pound for pound, you probably want either the T-34 or the Panzer V Panther. They're a good blend of firepower, armor, speed, and cost efficiency. Don't worry - we know more about tanks that you'll likely never know existed than you likely ever will about the King Tiger.