DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Delta Force

Elite Military Groups (for US Supporters)

Which Elite group should be in the mod  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Elite group should be in the mod

• Delta Force
    • SWAT
    • SOCOM groups (ranger, green beret, SEALs, etc.)
    • SAS (british)
    • KSK(german spec ops)
    • RAID(france)
    • Royal Marines(saudi)
    • Shayetet 13(israel)
    • others (please post below)

Well you can take the SWAT teams off the polls since they will be in the first USA mission, not sure if you'd be able to build them though.

I'd love to see the SEALs in the mod, not sure if you'd be able to make them swim though, unless you use the locomotor that's on the Hovercraft (Original Generals when you storm the brach).

I'd like it better if you'd be able to us Rangers for Paradrops instead of Marines, and maybe make the Rangers the infantry for the Air Force General(If you guy are still gonna us the generals).

First off, whats the point of all the foreign special forces? I mean since when are you going to see French Special Forces doing U.S work? Secondly SWAT teams will only be used in the first mission just as units at your disposal, they won't be buildable or anything, at least thats as far as I know. But SWAT is not equiped for Counter-Terrorism, nor are they used in that purpose. I would honestly stop playing the mod if LA's SWAT team were conducting some raid on a middle-eastern camp. Last but not least Rangers do not parajump.

I'd personally like to see an actual paratrooper soldier, or at least the Green Berets. :)

Actually rangers do paradrop

To become a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment, prospective Rangers must begin with the nine weeks of Basic Combat Training (BCT). Upon completion of Basic Training the soldier will then attend Advanced Individual Training (AIT) to obtain a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). This training varies in length, depending on the selected MOS. Next, the soldier must complete Airborne training. Upon graduation, the soldier will be sent to Ft. Benning to attend the Ranger Indoctrination Program (RIP) and Ranger Orientation Program (ROP).

If the soldier passes each of the 3 phases of Ranger School, he will be sent back to the unit he was from with the coveted Ranger Tab or be assigned to one of the three Ranger Battalions, within the 75th Ranger Regiment.

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Army_Rangers#Operations

As for the SWAT team, it is SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TATICS and they are trained in counter terror and urban warfare. ;)

Edited by Delta Force

Guys, Delta is part of SOCOM. They're called the 1st Special Operations Group: Delta. Anyhoo Im voting SOCOM, but I was kinda split between SOCOM and the SAS, so tally both for me.

SWAT does work Counter Terrorist, but they're restricted to one city. The city they're a police force for. And SOCOM is Special Operations Command. :P

As for the SWAT team, it is SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TATICS and they are trained in counter terror and urban warfare. wink.gif

SWAT is not a military fighting force, but a part of civilian law enforcement. You won't see them conducting raids in Iraq. However, since AAoW takes place in US, then it would be reasonable to see them.

SWATstands for Special Weapons Assult Tactics!! Delta Force, seriously, find out about things before you post them. SWAT arn't commandos. There police officers with basic training in room take downs and such. This side has the US, Iraq and north Korea so why all the british and other countries special forces?

I'm split between Swat, Delta Force , and SOCOM. I'll go for SOCOM but I think the mod should basicaly include a multiplayer version of the first USA mission. Basically multiplayer maps of US. cities that let you build Swat units. That would be cool.

i am the same i went for delta but i really like SOCOM aswell

but with SOCOM with differnet generals would we get different Branches

with alike a airforce style general would we get 101st airborn divison or rangers

dunno where the other branches would fit in though?

Personally i'd say SEALS all the way, wouldn't it be great if you could sneak attack from out of the water with SEALS. And anyway after the SAS the SEALS are the most highly trained and efficient spec. forces in the world. :o