DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USAF05

Jarmen Kell

Should he be revived to fight again in AAOW???  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be revived to fight again in AAOW???

• Yes
    • No
    • Arnold Swarchenegger Rules!!!

B) Personally i think Jarmen Kell is the coolest sun of a gun on the cnc hero list. Awesome merc. Really.... I think that the Iraqis should have him as there covert mercenary.

Since AAoW is a prequel to Generals, I think, it'd make sense to have Jarmen Kell in the game. ;) (Although get rid of the vehicle sniping. :rolleyes: )

I voted Arnold Swarchenegger Rules!!!

But I think it would be cool, but isn't there gonna be another Iraqi hero unit, I think it's one of the GLA Generals from Zero Hour, but if JK made it into the game, he shouldn't be able to snipe vehicles.

Iraq already has a hero unit, I forgot his actual name buts its the demolition general from Zero Hour. Besides that I'd rather not see Jarmen Kell again, must of been a hell of a rifle if he was able to shoot through armor.

Actually a barret m82 50 cal sniper rifle can pierce armour of tanks dependeing on the thickness and compostion of armor. i'd say a battle master no prob. a crusader maybe if in the right spot. paladin and overlord no. Yet you guys have forgotten a crucial aspect you can take a sniper rifle like a psg1 and kill a tank drive from the outside. take a m-1 abrams for example it has little slits for the driver to see through so its possible to shot a drive through that. on most tanks even with a 50 calaber sniper rifle it would not be possible to shoot throught the side or rear of a tank to kill a driver. but on older models like a t-55 or m48 you could shoot through the side of the tank but thats becuase they are not as advanced as newer tanks. so ya you can kill a tank driver but their are a couple of factors that create problems. but with kells rifle i'd say no to most of his tanks driver killin.

Edited by General Falcon

Actually a barret m82 50 cal sniper rifle can pierce armour of tanks dependeing on the thickness and compostion of armor. i'd say a battle master no prob. a crusader maybe if in the right spot. paladin and overlord no. Yet you guys have forgotten a crucial aspect you can take a sniper rifle like a psg1 and kill a tank drive from the outside. take a m-1 abrams for example it has little slits for the driver to see through so its possible to shot a drive through that. on most tanks even with a 50 calaber sniper rifle it would not be possible to shoot throught the side or rear of a tank to kill a driver. but on older models like a t-55 or m48 you could shoot through the side of the tank but thats becuase they are not as advanced as newer tanks. so ya you can kill a tank driver but their are a couple of factors that create problems. but with kells rifle i'd say no to most of his tanks driver killin.

The chances that the ONE shot he fires hits the entire tank crew while leaving the tank completely undamaged is extremely low however.

53% say Arnold rules.

Edited by stumpster

Thats true a shot like that could take hours to set up becuase you have to wait for the tanks to stop moving the move into postion then you have to see the drivers head to shoot him.

Hey guys!! BTW, your wrong about .50 caliber sniper rifles. The round is fired at the tank turret (yes, the age/type of tank matters) and penetrates the turret. It has enough kenetic energy to enter one side of the turret but not enought to exit the other side. The bullet bounces around inside the tank, killing the crew in the turret.

M1 Tank drivers look through a small glass covered slit in the turret. You can see it if you look at the front of the tank.

Theres no way Jarmen Kells rifle could do that. It looked like just a SVD or a Mosin Nagant with a scope. I highly doubt either of those rifles could even scratch the paint of a modern tank.

M1 Tank drivers look through a small glass covered slit in the turret. You can see it if you look at the front of the tank.

That's a periscope. You can buy them surplus circa WWII era from Edmund Scientifics. It's still a favorite target of snipers, though.

http://www.scientificsonline.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_3053462

err...hehe, i just quoted it thepajmaj, ive never seen ANYTHING like that, looks kl.

oh and BTW: (Quote: Codster) :"It has enough kenetic energy to enter one side of the turret but not enought to exit the other side. The bullet bounces around inside the tank, killing the crew in the turret." dose that mean the bullet gets exit wounds on the Entire crew? or would it somehow ricochete of them...

EDIT: come to think of it, i HAVE seen something like that beforem, if you ever played 'Mercernerys' and got the ultimate sniper supply drop you got sumthing that looked like that but a bit smaller, anyone seen it?

Edited by Jackseno

Jack, what the frig kind of rifle is that? Ive never seen that kind of model before. Thats not an M82 is it?

it helps to read the posts

ya know it could be he shoots through the viewing area n not through the armour but if he did damn i wouldnt mind that rifle

and although the altime favorite sniper rifle is the mosin nagant it would definatly not even scratch the paint.

but to see how a mosin nagant with ap rounds would go would be a cool thing to watch :D

As strong as the m82 is, it cannot penertrate a m1 abrams armor. Hell even a 120mm shot left only a small dent. Its good only aganist light armor and taking out large missles by shooting at the vital compoents.

err...hehe, i just quoted it thepajmaj, ive never seen ANYTHING like that, looks kl.

oh and BTW: (Quote: Codster) :"It has enough kenetic energy to enter one side of the turret but not enought to exit the other side. The bullet bounces around inside the tank, killing the crew in the turret." dose that mean the bullet gets exit wounds on the Entire crew? or would it somehow ricochete of them...

EDIT: come to think of it, i HAVE seen something like that beforem, if you ever played 'Mercernerys' and got the ultimate sniper supply drop you got sumthing that looked like that but a bit smaller, anyone seen it?

Ahhh yes, Mercenaries, Oh the Joy ofsitting on a mountian top pluggin car drives as they go buy with a sniper...:rolleyes: But yes, i think i have seen that in the game.

Edited by weston