DerelictStudios Forums
[DK]PHIL

Blitzkrieg Is Back!

The picture a few days ago was, in fact, referring to the coming release of the Blitzkrieg site and the coming release of the new version of the mod. Now, years after the release, we are about ready to release the next episode of the popular modification for Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge. We've therefore created a new site for the mod to enable for the smoothest release possible.

The new version of Blitzkrieg will feature more new features and graphics than ever before, including all new sets of terrain, sounds and unit graphics. The next couple of days will bring a lot more information, this is simply to introduce you to the reincarnation of the classic of all mods for Red Alert 2, which set new standards through out the community, and even was a part of the foundations for this network.

There's been attached one screenshot to this post , this is not a fair display of the true extends of the new version, as said; more will follow the coming days - much more. Stay tuned!

I would however like to take this time to thank several people for having contributed a great deal to the mod, these are among others Mooman from the well-known MooMan's Corner, Major Gilbear and André from Team Revenge (Revora), Marshall of Purple Alert, Biohazard and raminator. You have made this day possible and I therefore want to thank you on my behalf, Derelict Studios and everyone who have ever been a fan of Blitzkrieg. Make sure to check out the works of these people, it is of the up most quality.

Blitzkrieg Site

post-36-1118796275.jpg

Blitz is coming back yay!!!! I got first post YAY!

tmapm edit: There was actually 2 posts before you but due to technical difficulties the topic had to be started over.

Cubeos Edit: I had hoped i was the first to hear the good news. Ah well, glad the news is good. Also glad that half of those cryptic clues are solved.

Edited by cubeos

I can't say I exactly like the new terrain but any thing is better then the RA2 crap we had before...

Nice to see you’re using the towed guns too. They come real handy in D-day, I can’t wait to see what part they play in Blitz :)

Edited by Mig Eater

I can't say I exactly like the new terrain but any thing is better then the RA2 crap we had before...

Nice to see you’re using the towed guns too.

Actually the terrain I think is very nice I think it really fits in really well, you may just have to play it to get a feel for it.

Ya the towed guns are a really cool idea. And TBH I think I may use that idea in my stupid civil war mod.

Ands its really nice to see the site back up!

Edited by MadHQ

Great news, will there be naval units this time? :)

EDIT: I also forgot to ask some

1. Will there be functioning trains now?

2. Will the USA a-bomb drop will now show a dropped a-bomb instead of the nuclear missile?

:D

Edited by Neospecz

Yes, there'll be naval units in naval war mode, which is now available in skirmish (offline play).

The idea of controlling trains was a good idea idea, but a very flawed logic ingame - they move now, but they'll only be eye candy.

The allies superweapon has been altered, you'll have to build an "atomic research centre" which will allow you to construct a B-29, which can drop an a-bomb for you. there's a buildlimit of one on this plane and it has a long reload time to balance it with other superweapons.

Edited by [DK]PHIL

Yes, there'll be naval units in naval war mode, which is now available in skirmish (offline play).

Does this mean you won't have acces with the navals in a regular skirmish gameplay, strictly on on naval war mode?

Does this mean you won't have acces with the navals in a regular skirmish gameplay, strictly on on naval war mode?

Yes, that would be right

PHIL,Jun 15 2005, 6:20 PM] Well, André sig is of D-Day which is hosted at Ravora, that's why.

Sorry Phil, MM is correct. The host of Team Revenge (D-Day, Code Red and Dune) is called Revora instead of Ravora.

But it's not really that important ;)

Edited by Andre27

I probably shouldn't say this but I will anyways.. he was going to release it if he could do so before he had to move from his dorm (or into it... college.) So basically whenever he gets to where he needs to be and gets up and running, then you can expect a release shortly...

Alright, Thanks

Just one more question,

Are there gonna be any more maps for it?

Your kinda in short supply of them at the moment. I had to download fan maps and modify them using final alert

Thanks for any help