DerelictStudios Forums

AI coding would be about a months work. Here's a hint why it wont be done untill R3 is ready: The AI used to work.

Have a guess why it doesn't now... If you can't get it then here is why: adding new units / changes to INI files etc. breaks the scripts. Guess what is comming in R3, yeh thats right! new ini codes and more units! Who in their right mind would work for a month on something that is at best incomplete and at worst will break with the next release.

Besides, when I tried playing online yesterday, there were two people online (abbazabba and someone else), I said "hi people", but when I got no response after several minutes, I lost the interest in a match.

-XTRMNTR2K

Don't give too much attention at names who don't answer your call online, cause sometimes players ( like Abba ) are AFK during long period of time !

So don't take it personnal and comeback online, that's where the real action is! :D

Yeah, XTRMNTR2K, dont take it personally at all. I was sitting there a while last night as well. i was alt tabbed for a while though and when i came back alot of people said "hi", but of course i couldn't answer.

And all you new guys that are "afraid" to play online. Just come play, if yer a newbie, just say so. Maybe you can find another newbie to team up with and take on 1 seasoned veteran, or team up with a vet and he can help you out. I will gladly team up with any new guy to show him the ropes, ill even take on 2 or 3 of you guys and let you kick my ass just so you'll play. Its ok to be a newbie just dont be a n00b.

You guys miss out on a lot of great game play when you dont play on line. The human element is a lot cooler than given credit for.

Deepest respect

Doc out

Good point Doc...I agree with this newbie's adoption program! :lol:

And that's right, most (not all i know) of the online players are looking for fair games in respect of less experienced players. That's why we have some 2 vs 1 games or teams games in wich the less experienced player team up with the best player, etc...

So don't be afraid, we won't kill you....huh :huh: i mean yes we will...or at least try to ...that's the main goal of the war isn't? :P

pro AI PRO AI!!!

I find M28s wwaaaaayyyyyyyy over powered the AI hit one of my M28s with a direct atillary strike and the thing lost no joke,about 1/40 of it's health

Nah, I didn't take it personally, I was already sure they were AFK. I just didn't want to wait any further and changed my mind, that's all ^^

Okay, I will play a few online games in the near future, promised. It's just that I like to have much time for it and that I don't like to get bothered while I'm playing a game. As stupid as it sounds, the other people that live here with me not always agree. And, for those of you who wonder who they are, they are called "parents" :ph34r:

Nasty creatures, but without 'em, I wouldn't be here... On the other hand... Doesn't that make them even more evil? :lol:

......XTRMNTR2K.....

mmmmmm... fresh german blood... come online today and i will give u some Nazi discipline ,,,,,,,,,and if u want to play games online ...ALOT..... get -->msn<-- ....

and ask people for thier msn address.... u can find people like taht for games.... works great!!

soome even use microphones to enhance the gameplay in teams 2v2 etc ... so u get uber coordination in teamwork

one one word of advice to all fresh blood (fresh in terms of no onilne experience)...

--> Dont play the AI ... it makes u stupid(er)... and thats no insult or lie.... its a fact....

A brief explanation of vehicle speeds:

All vehicles have speeds ingame directly proportional to eachother and accurate to life. The formula for finding the ingame speed of a Blitz II unit is as follows:

((offroad speed in Km/h) * 3 + (road speed in Km/h)) / 4 = the number for speed in locomotor.ini

This lets vehicles go at "accurate" speeds (Generals doesn't differentiate between roads and ground) while still keeping some semblance of good speed. In some cases, like the Pz 38(t) or the Bishop, the vehicle was just painfully slow, and that's the end of the story. On some cases though, like the Sherman M4A3 76(w) and the T-34, the vehicles can *really* move. IIRC, both of those vehicles move far faster in 2.5 than they did in .38.

All vehicles have speeds ingame directly proportional to eachother and accurate to life.

-Bio

This is one of the reason why this mod rokkkks! Each unit is an historic masterpiece! Too lazy to go to a war museum? No prob, start you Blitzkrieg 2 game, select a ''normal AI'', zoom in and enjoy!

Oh and don't forget to open your audio system at max level....and let's shake the building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :domo:

A brief explanation of vehicle speeds:

All vehicles have speeds ingame directly proportional to eachother and accurate to life. The formula for finding the ingame speed of a Blitz II unit is as follows:

((offroad speed in Km/h) * 3 + (road speed in Km/h)) / 4 = the number for speed in locomotor.ini

This lets vehicles go at "accurate" speeds (Generals doesn't differentiate between roads and ground) while still keeping some semblance of good speed. In some cases, like the Pz 38(t) or the Bishop, the vehicle was just painfully slow, and that's the end of the story. On some cases though, like the Sherman M4A3 76(w) and the T-34, the vehicles can *really* move. IIRC, both of those vehicles move far faster in 2.5 than they did in .38.

Agree, the Pz38(t) is hopelessly slow.

I just got my computer fixed: therefore internet access is ready!!!! Wooohohooooo.

Ps Add my vote for AI: Not enough europe players

ivestillfoundmanyproblemssuchascrappya.i.theresstillproblemswiththepointsystemwheniputmypointsinialw

yshavetodothesamepathbecauseofthestupida.i.becauseifidonttakethesuperheavytankigetmassacredbyethesup

rheavytanksthea.i.sends*maustank*pluswhenihaveanalliedcompallitdoesisfeedtheenemyexpandneverlevelsup

ankturretsfortheenemysometimeswonttargetmyvehiclesandallthelightarmorupgradedoesisgiveamobileaauniti

always1pointshortforusabombingthankstoitinfantrydonthelpataltheyjustgivetheenemymoney/expandatthestartthea.i.wontmakevehiclesandthemedieumtanksareneverusedgermanygosfromlighttanktothepan

herandthea.i.onmyteamwontusethepointsitsearnedforalongtimethatsifitactuallygainsanythegermanartiller

istoopowerfulhaswaaytoomuchrangetheshots90%ofthetimehitkillingmytanksinsinglehitsitsmoreofanantitankweaponthenartillerytheantitankriflehasnouse

tdoesalmostnodamganddoesnothaveenoughrangetoactuallyhittanksandwheniplaceinfantryinbuildingsthereran

egoesdownratherthenupsotheycantdoanythingsayiplaceariflemaninandanenemyriflemanstartsshootingatthebu

ldingmyriflemanwontfireduetothelackofrangeinabuildingandgettingmoneyfromcivbuildingsishighlyunrealis

icandjustlagsthegameasofallthe100sappearingtheusaithinkitscalledthehellcatisuselessasitjustdiesinone

itbyetanksandwontturnitsturretwhilemoveingaroundorpastenemytanksandnothaveing3levelsofa.i.difficulty

sjuststupidyouneedtheeasya.i.sonewplayerscantrainyoucantjustexpectthemtoknowhowtofendofmaustanksorus

tanksinflankingmanuversandisthereanywaytogetthea.i.touseitspointsatrandominsteadofonlyuseingthesameu

gradepointsovernoverineverseethebritshplaytherussiansalwaysusethetanksstratigyandalwaysputsthepoints

nthesamethingssamewithgermanyandthea.i.neverbuildslightantiairandonlyputsuponeortwoheavysandrareliyu

esscoutvehiclesandmobileaabesidesfromtheextremeliycrappya.i.andpointsystemandneedingofsomebalnceingt

isoneofthebestmodseverandyesiknowitsabeta*andnoicantplayonline26k*

Your friendly administrator took the liberty to enhance your readability problem even more. Maybe you'll understand the need to use punctuation now? If not , I'll take the liberty to delete your future postings, as nobody will take an effort to read it anyway.

grumpy..

468 words without a single period, comma, double-space, or anything. Even *I* have trouble reading that.

I think I have a proper text in my Sig database:

Lawyer: "When he went, had you gone and had she, if she wanted to and were

able, for the time being excluding all the restraints on her not to go, gone

also, would he have brought you, meaning you and she, with him to the station?"

Other Lawyer: "Objection. That question should be taken out and shot."

I would say the last sentence should be used on that posting.

Regards,

ironduke57

hehehe, from what I could glean, there are decent points being made there... It just needs punctuation for comprehendability. And, BlckWyvern, keep the Halogen forum aggressiveness on the Halogen forums :P

468 words without a single period, comma, double-space, or anything. Even *I* have trouble reading that.

i didn't even bother.

Likewise, it gave me a headache after the first line :angry:

But I must say, this release is pretty good, I know I'm a little late to saying this, but thanks to all that worked on it :D

But if I may suggest, would it be possible to make civilian buildings destroyable in R3? I only ask because I'm sure of you have noticed, buildings can't be demolished to the ground, which gives the enemy 'rubble' to hide behind that artillery cannot shoot through. I was just wondering if anyone else finds this annoying, and if so, would it be possible to make them destructable in R3? I know that they are a source of income, so it would force the gamers to work harder because they wouldn't want to lose their sources. If all the buildings all got destroyed in a game, it could create some very difficult gameplay, since gamers would be unable to simply mass-build units.

Just a thought, other then that, I haven't noticed any problems with this release, aside from the lack of 8player maps, only one, but thats ok.

They've already tried the destroyable buildings thing. Obviously, it didn't work too well, as opponents would carpet-bomb cities into dust. If you want to attack targets inside a city, use aircraft. If by some dumb rule/reason you can't use aircraft, then get creative.

They've already tried the destroyable buildings thing. Obviously, it didn't work too well, as opponents would carpet-bomb cities into dust. If you want to attack targets inside a city, use aircraft. If by some dumb rule/reason you can't use aircraft, then get creative.

Yeah, never thought about how people would abuse that ability.

I don't mind it, it just got annoying in my latest game when my 90mm kept slamming against one and was utterly useless, but thats ok, I just built up a tank force to get around the buildings.