DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

Official V2.0 Usa Suggestions Thread

You know, if the USA wasn't complete, i'd be pouring out great ideas right now... but for now, im going to go against the flow of things and suggest something for North Korea...

EDIT: I just read the title of the thread (smacks forehead) there I go again!

Yeah anyways, I was goign to suggest deployable snipers, like in real-life they could just sit and camp for days on end. In return, they'd get an accuracy, range, and stealth bonus. Something else to consider is sniper upgrades, like from an M-21 to an M-82A1 so it could actually damage vehicles. Maybe even disable tanks like Jarmen Kell.

Another suggestion was for how to get by the whole entrenching thing... Use the old Firebase coding for the trenches, just biuld them like any regular building and have soldiers garrison into them. They'd get a nice defense bonus but could still be cleared out by Flashbangs or snipers. The only major problem would be to create a realistic Building that looked like some trenches, but from what I've seen, it shouldn't be too much trouble for this team.

Also, and this just popped into my head but maybe have Field Engineers who could lay down barbed wiring or Chain-link fencing to make a base seem more realistic and prevent heros from sneaking into the base. You could also make the watch tower idea from the model already being used as it already comes with a spotlight.

Oh, and im pretty sure someone suggested this before, but a small advance base, like temporary buildings or somethign like a tent with a wireframe RADAR dish next to it. It would serve as a recon post, and even like a checkpoint. It would be self-sufficient as long as there were soldiers garrisoned in there. Possibly, it could have a bonus effect on artillery and air support if the target is nearby. Another possibility is for a simple morale boost, as it would be garrisonable. Im basing this idea off of the same model as the Cruise Missile Command Center, but on a different scale and less permanent.

Edited by LCPL_Carrier

That last one was a great idea! I suggested one simalar to that at the Victor Charlie forums....

It would improve stratagies allowing you keep your forward bases supplied with columns of vehicles....

but for now, im going to go against the flow of things and suggest something for North Korea...

r u talking about NK or the US? :huh: kinda confusing cause like it sounds like u r talking about the US

Edited by BlackHawk90

On my Edit thing I said that I just realized it was the USA suggestion thread. After inflicting physical abuse to my forhead I went on to describe my ideas for the US.

I can't wait for the NK one to come up, because if you liked those ideas you'll love the ones for the NK.

Well, its not like i've been here for a long time. I just joined this thing last wednesday because I was really sick and had to do something to pass the time. But so far this place has caught my interest enough to want to apply my skills here.

Besides, maybe some of our ideas would become a reality for the unfinished sides.

Edited by LCPL_Carrier

Well there you go I guess....

Hmm, what was I going to say? It was something about the US power plants, hmmm...

EDIT: Another Idea popped into my head, whenever I use the WorldBuilder (Which isn't a whole lot.) I often use the chain-link fencing as barbed wiring by using the Z function to bury it up to the wiring itself. I use those to create chokepoints and such and even used it once with a map for a US amphibious assault that almost looked like D-day it was so huge.

Edited by LCPL_Carrier

Hey, I handle all the map work around here. :domo:

:lol: Yea, chain link fences are great but use up alot of system resources with extend lines of fence. Personal experience brought me to the conclusion that if you want a long wall use the scuplting feature instead of chainlink fences. Though just a tip for you mappers out there. Keep in mind that texturing something spends less on resources and can have a better effect than using objects that eat up the speed of the game.

Well, I'm outta here, I have a final to take so peace out everyone!

IronRaptor

OK.....Reading this ENTIRE topic has made my eyes inflamed, so ill make this short.

1. Iraq should have Eryx AT missile, sorta like the MEC off of Battlefield 2

2.Everything is perfectly ok. But Im going to have to say that I dont know enough to make any suggestions without making myself look like an ass. LOL

3.Each side's Special Forces unit should be able to enter an enemy's Command Center and reset their General's Abilities like the Sabotuer off of vanilla Zero Hour.

...and thats all i have to say....gnite

Iraq has AT-14 Kornets...

There needs to be a Huge-assed beach assault mission, say, before the battle of la mission, have a cutscene of iraqi forces moving into kuwait. then eventually, you get a carrier, and a base with a barracks, and a war factory and $XXX and you have to storm the beach. You have to take the beach and get your avengers up before te enemy SU-37's get there to attack your forces.

Edited by Paladin327

You will, only you'll have to defend from the storm instead of storming yourself ;)

And im doing part of it and imustkill will finish with his l33t scripting skills.

Edited by IronRaptor

I would if I could Blackhawk90.... but I can't. I just had to replace my hard drive about, oh three weeks ago and with it all of my stuff. But I do have an idea for a mission!

Its basically a search and rescue mission for an American Officer with valuable intel about the location of a major.... something or other... maybe a nuclear silo or huge airbase. Maybe even the babylon supergun. Anyways, your mission is to find this officer, who is not only MIA, but may be captured by enemy forces and held at a small camp. You'd get maybe two snipers and a Hero unit maybe.... or even a Hijacker of some kind and have to remain undetected until you rescue him. Otherwise they may kill him before he has the chance to tell you where the important thing is. It'd be centralized around the management of small squads and unreinforceable assets.

Just a little something to wrap your brains around eh?

I like it quite a bit. Most of the campaign has been mapped out however, (as far as i know anyways... ive been kind of out of the loop latley <_< ) But I'd think it would be a great bonus mission. Or even a multiplayer mission map only with a few more forces for the Americans.

Edited by weston