DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

June Update

Hello AAOW fans! Yes, we're are still alive out here! It's been a crazy month, with all kinds of work getting done. Our new website is nearing completion, and should be online within a month. Even though the team has been extra busy this month, we've made some important strides, and the next in-team alpha will be tested tommorow!

On another topic, this will be the only update until mid-July, as I'm going to be on a series of three-week vacations. While I'm gone, the rest of the team will be working away on getting most of the core features of v2.0 coded and ready for final art.

And now, on to the update! For the render this month, we have the Iraqi M1 Tunguska, Iraq's mobile anti-aircraft vehicle. The Tunguska fires duel 30mm cannons, firing at 5,000 rounds per minute. It's also armed with missile pods that fire 9M311-M1 surface-to-air missiles. The Tunguska carries it's own RADAR as well, allowing it to engage and destroy a target, and quickly move on to another.

Tunguska_s.jpg

And now for 10 screenshots to hold you folks over until I get back! There's a lot of new stuff in there as well, including shots of the new B-52, B-2, new particle effects, and the new units, of course!

JS01_s.jpg JS02_s.jpg

JS03_s.jpg JS04_s.jpg

JS05_s.jpg JS06_s.jpg

JS07_s.jpg JS08_s.jpg

JS09_s.jpgJS10_s.jpg

Well, that wraps things up for the next three weeks! If you'd like to contribute to the v2.0 release, you can visit the Official USA Ideas thread here: http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...showtopic=11119 , or the Official Iraq Ideas thread here: http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...showtopic=11120 .

Also remember, we're currently short-staffed! We need modelers, texture artists/skinners, mappers/scripters, and voice actors to help us get this done. Thanks, and enjoy your summer!

those infantry look amazing, i cnt wait, thts all i be doing, infantry rushes lol, :D keep on truckin, enjoy your vacation(s) <-? i would love to help with the modding but im clueless and dnt know what to get to do it. :(:(:(

Waesome!

BTW, its not nice too see how my tax dollars are going to waste - I hope the UN can keep better protection of its money <_<

^_^

At Tunguska picture: Mmmmmmmmm, cannons. (drools) :hb: You guys always do flippin' awesome work; keep it up! :)

Edited by Darth Andrew

mmm that river looks nice, I like how the water seems to get deeper, and the one with the soldiers crossing the bridge, heh love the detailing there.

Finally, I thought I'd never see a B2 Spirit Bomber. I hope it would be as stealth as it should be. ;)

And the river is superb, is it possible to make that an official water texture for DS mods? So beautiful.

EDIT: Damn, after looking at the Tunguska for quite awhile, I now fancy it. :) I do hope the model functions properly as in it fires from the cannon itself. It's just that I played this other mod (non-DS mod of course) and it's Tunguska-like unit don't fire from its cannon and it looked terrible. But why am I saying this? I have faith in you guys. :P

Edited by Neospecz

True it has been asked before and just like those before you'll get flamed for asking. Even if it is a valid question. Sorry but thats what happens here

No, it's not a valid question. It's a question that I get asked at least once a day. That's why it's under "Frequently Asked Questions" with the big sub-heading "READ ME FIRST!". ;)

We're not trying to be mean, we're trying not to spend all day answering the same questions over and over.

Oh, and I'm back btw. :P

Sign in to follow this