DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

Realism Vs. CnC Gameplay

What kind of gameplay do you want in v2.0?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of gameplay do you want in v2.0?

• Realism
    • CnC Generals Style
    • Mixed - Explain below

As we begin coding the final bits into AAOW for the USA side, I thought we should ask the fans what they want for AAOW v2.0. Do you want realism (IE: tanks can destroy each other with 2 rounds, infantry have better anti-tank weapons but little health, etc) or CnC style gameplay (rock-paper-scissors, units not ment to fight other types are weak against them)?

Please discuss below. I'll see you folks in 3 weeks.

Well,I'd like it as infantry can destroy buildings and tanks,and tanks can destroy things much easier.

Edited by JokersAce

ye tanks are ment to be very power full, and I hate it when 2 l337 infantry take out a crusader, splash damage should play a bigger more IMPORTANT roll with tanks.

I think tanks should own the battlfield except when you get to urban areas. Then I think buildings should be Super strong and all infantry should carry some type of AT weapon. So they jump in buildings and can then destroy tanks easerly. I think humvees and jeeps should have some kind of invisible countermeasures/ECM device so that they can go through cities and most rockets would miss (sopposedly because there to fast but actually because of the ECM). That way battles like BHD could be reinacted in skirmish without tanks getting in the way but jeeps would still have effect in urban areas.

Exactly what blackhawk said. It should be something like the Battlefield 2 game.

AT rounds should have long range.

No flags or colors on buildings or when you capture them with infantry or garrasoning.

Aircraft should pwn tanks.

Basic infantry should take out other infantry with 3 shots.

No damage radius on AP.

Big radius on HE.

Prone Ability.

Vehicles like Humvees should blow up when hit with 1 Shell or Rocket.

Vehicles like Humvees should be hit a 1/4 when moving because of size.

No sticks pcking out of buildings.

Wow. Theres some things that should very help.

Is it possible to make the tank shells less visible and apparent? In anyway to disguise them under a different colour of texture other than black/brown?

The Tank shells should look like TW2s.

I would have to agree with General Ryan, EXCEPT the humvee and other light vehicles should be able to take about 2-3 hits (thats still not many).

I go for mixed.

I want realistic payloads, realistic clip-sizes, realistic clip-reloadtime, realistic delays between shots, realistic radius damages. :P

But as for the combat gameplay and weapon damage, let's make it 50% realistic. I mean, instead of 1 hit tank kill, make it 2. Instead of 1 anti-tank hit kill on infantry, make it 2. It's only making it one step behind realism, but with respect to which unit it is. Like if the Abrams will take 2 hit kills on a T-72, it'll take 3 hits for it to take out an Abrams, something like that...

And aircrafts should take out ground units, that means light vehicles and armour, in one hit depending on which aircraft it is. I read that tanks have weaker armor on top, so making tem weak against aircrafts, I guess, will be fair enough, but again, depending on which aircraft it is.

Oh, and can you pls remove air-dropped dozers and tanks? I think they kinda spoil AAOW in some way. Hehehe :lol: , my old bitching for AAOW. :P

General Ryan: I swear EA only cares about money not Quality.

i think ea gave some litte support to us modders......like adding new code stuff a kinda stable WorldBuilder......Beefed up SAGE.....Weather fx.......

But as for the combat gameplay and weapon damage, let's make it 50% realistic. I mean, instead of 1 hit tank kill, make it 2. Instead of 1 anti-tank hit kill on infantry, make it 2. It's only making it one step behind realism, but with respect to which unit it is. Like if the Abrams will take 2 hit kills on a T-72, it'll take 3 hits for it to take out an Abrams, something like that...

Dude thats pretty much Tw2. I don't want two mods the same. Maybe make it 12.555555555555555% realistic.

Ok, guess you're right, dunno the percentage of realism it should have but how about making it two steps behind realism? Abrams will have 3 hit kills on T-72s, T-72s will have 4 hit kills on Abrams...stuffs like this, will this do?

I voted realism, but I know that it can't be totally real. If it was, it would spoil it a little bit. A T-72 has never blown up an Abrams in 2 Gulf Wars. Not saying they haven't hit an Abrams, just never blew it up.

I like the idea of rockets having a 1/4 chance of missing Humvees and trucks. Black Hawk Down, here we come!!!

I would like better air to air combat. Right now, it takes 2 planes to kill 1. And they fire their missles about 2 inches away from the other plane. Which can be a slight problem with tac nuke migs.

Tanks should be able to be owned by aircraft. Some kind of Governor needs to be placed on the aircraft so they only fire enough missiles to kill the target, not all of them. I hate when my raptor fires all 4 missiles at a rocket buggy when it only needs to shoot 2.

Aircraft machine guns.

Tank gunners visible.

rocket splash damage on infantry. its way weak.

about all infantry having rocket launchers, that is unrealistic. maybe if you gave grenade launchers to all rifle infantry, that would do some damage.

I think tanks should own the battlfield except when you get to urban areas. Then I think buildings should be Super strong and all infantry should carry some type of AT weapon. So they jump in buildings and can then destroy tanks easerly. I think humvees and jeeps should have some kind of invisible countermeasures/ECM device so that they can go through cities and most rockets would miss (sopposedly because there to fast but actually because of the ECM). That way battles like BHD could be reinacted in skirmish without tanks getting in the way but jeeps would still have effect in urban areas.

i think that totaly could be done, if the jets do it why not giv it to humvees and make em invisible, tht'd be awsum :D

Ifpossible, damage should be determined by where a unit is hit. If a helicoptor is hit by the cockpit, it's gone, if it's hit in the tail, it spins out of control...and then it's gone.

Also, Elite infantry should maybe be able to hijack tanks and other vehicals to give them a slight advantage.

And also missles need to be able to miss aircraft, and so should AA. It also sucks every time my Stealth fighter is shot down because I know that the enemy shouldn't even know it's there. Same goes for B-2.

Missiles do miss aircraft, if you ever used contermessures in CnC Generals, theres not only the pointdefense laser for the airgeneral.

I play Generals cause its not 1hit 1kill, and this mod just makes more fun than Generals itself, would feel bad for this game with more realistic hitcalculations.

Thats the truth the abrams tank gunners do miss thier targets they ar not perfrect or computer controlled even though they are computer assisted. Infact one of the biggest virtually tank battle recreations is of a desert storm battle in which the abrams defeated iraqi armor with little problem even though outnumbered.

if you want realisim go play true war 2 and blitzkrieg adding realisim would just ruin aaow besides 2 realisitic modern war mods now thats just STUPID :rolleyes: haveing bases and nk would be the only difference and no damg cannot be determined bye where a units hit the generals engine wont allow it

lemme correct myself 3 modern war mods call to arms and the 3 shot tank thing and stuff like that would make it exactliy like the aow game cnc gameplay is the only thing that makes it differnt then aow,call to arms,truewar 2 well plus nk iraqs basicliy russia but with a little modifacation *cnc style gameplay* just watch as realisim kills it one tunguska killing 3 fighters patroit missle batterys slautering anything that gets close nothing could get past unless artillery was used aaow was made and balnced for cnc style play adding realisim would mean they would have to change most of the game retooling it all and iraqs artillery would just massacre u.s. forces due to the range any changes to the style would mean it would be a clone of another mod or game and of course all the gen powers would have to be changed many weapon upgrades changed i dont wanna see another mod cloned semi realisim would make it just like aow *so just keep cnc style gameplay*

Yeah, but many was in favor of mixed and they want it in AAOW. So I guess not one of us here is in any position to impose others something like "if you're looking for this, then you should try that" because it wouldn't matter to those who want it in AAOW unless it came from the big man himself.