DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedFox34

Music Addon: Get It Here!

Well, around last year or so I was always saying about how Cold-Fusion and I were going to make a music pack. Of course, we never finished it. But boredom is a terrible thing, and so here we have a finished music addon for AR2.

This addon can be found at http://atw.strategy-x.com/main.php?site=dls, or if you're feeling particularly lazy then just click this link: http://atw.strategy-x.com/downloads/AR2Music.zip

The addon features four songs for Nemesis and three songs for Genesis as well as new title and loading themes. All but one of the songs are from publically available resources on the internet, and the song that is not is from Tiberian Sun. The readme will explain how to set it up as well as listing the sources the music is taken from. The addon should be completely compatible with the regular AR2 in internet play as YR doesn't consider music or string files a problem. Finally, this isn't supported by the AR2 team. So don't ask them for help if it doesn't work.

[/essay] Enjoy the addon! :)

well, nice job gives some dark mood to the mod however I feel you should have put the wavs inside a mix file for more professional touch ;)

I gotta try that sometime.

Downloading to my player.

Although I did find another good menu theme. I actually had a lot of songs I had compiled for a music pack - none doing though.

So did you guys actually compose the music??

Eventually...

^_^

No, we didn't actually compose the music. It lists the public sources though. The only song you can't get off the internet (as far as I'm aware of) is Nem 03, Nod Crush from C&C Tiberian Sun, which is such an old game and being in the C&C series I used it anyway.

Some stuff very nice but most didn't fit...esp the Gen stuff

AR2Title is nice though in its own respect...im a sucker for women singing like that. :P...actually its my fav in this pack.

Im learning to use Fruity Loops and am learning music theory...in short I will hopeflly be making music.

Eventually...

^_^

If it didn't fit I'd like to see an example that isn't taken from another non-cnc game that does fit. For kicks. :)

I have been sending songs to tmapm for a LONG time which would be awesome.

Recently I ran across a cool song for the menu - Grief Of Orianna by Nokturnal Mordum. Ill get it to you sometime Redfox :).

^_^

DXIW?

You know that we used a few tracks from DX in AR2 originally, but I think the IW music sucks (when compared to the original, it was very bland and dead), and I really really wouldn't try to use title tracks, the DX theme is VERY VERY recognisable. ;)

It's interesting that the gen tracks sound very DX-ish, but aren't from there, heh.

I've been listening to some electronica recently, if I get around to... acquiring them, I might see if any could go ingame.

Wow. Just wow. I love the DXIW intro song....that voice inb middle is so sweet and great - I wish they did more of it!

Wish they did...Ill assemble a music pack eventually...

^_^

Bump- Two new things for you. Well, technically one.

First, the music pack has been fixed, and includes a missing file which prevented the music from being played ingame. (thememd.ini) Works the same way as before for installation.

http://atw.strategy-x.com/downloads/ar2musicao.zip

And secondly, I've made a small stand-alone Nemesis level for you to whittle away a couple minutes to about fifteen if you put it on hard.

The goal is to collect a varying amount of Vinifera against increasingly difficult waves of Genesis ground units. Just put it in your RA2 folder after applying AR2 5.0 for it to work. This is compatible with the music pack but is not with any newer releases, and won't be until those are out and I can modify the level accordingly.

http://atw.strategy-x.com/downloads/nemlevel.zip

Please enjoy the content!

(It took me two hours to reupload the music :P )

:) I played the mission and the scripts for the attacks are too simple IMO. Would of been neat if they varied a bit.