DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Terrorist Attack In London?

Multiple explosions rock London

Sounds very much like Al Quada to me.

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A bus was ripped apart in an explosion in central London today and several blasts rocked the Tube network leaving dozens of people injured.

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

Union officials blamed the Tube blasts on a series of bombs, and Scotland Yard confirmed the bus explosion and said it was dealing with "multiple explosions" in London.

A second bus was reported to have been damaged in Tavistock Square.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

No reports of casalties thus far.

Al Quada stikes again,Damn terrorists.

Looks like some major injuries by the picture.

Im surprised no one was killed in those busses though.

Im surprised no one was killed in those busses though.

well, seems not on the busses, but:

City of London police told CNN there had been two fatalities at Aldgate east station.

It also says explosions on kings cross and liverpool str.

I travelled between Kings Cross and Liverpool Str. and back just a couple of weeks ago to visit a friend.

Thank goodness you didnt go see your friend now.

and thank goodness again that my friend isn't there anymore. She went back to her home town last week.

Live 8 atomsphere...G8 sumit...day after London winning the Oylimpic bid almost such a perfect time for an attack its quite scary. With our state of mind turely distracted I think the last thing we were expecting was a terrorist attack...

Shame this is going to over shadow Live 8 when its recalled in history...

For along time I always thought that the threat of a terrorist attack on the UK was apart of the current Kingdom of Fear introduced by the Americans after 9/11 however if this is proved to be a terrorist attack, which it seems then this idea is very real still.

Really brings it home, crazy shit.

For along time I always thought that the threat of a terrorist attack on the UK was apart of the current Kingdom of Fear introduced by the Americans after 9/11

How old are you? Dont you consider the IRA bomb campaign previous to 9/11 to be terrorist attacks? Their publicly announced reason for not bombing since 911 is because they dont want to be grouped with the arab/muslim/middle east terrorists.

What? no.. i was talking purely in relation to threats from attacks from arab/muslim/middle east terrorists...anyways we don't have enough information yet.

I don't claim to know everything about the situtation but from what I understand its hard to compare the IRA to Al Queda, totally different forms of terrorism, with the IRA we always got a warning before a bomb went off and we always knew from this warning who we were up against, whereas Al Queda bam nothing, out of nowhere.

What? no.. i was talking purely in relation to threats from attacks from arab/muslim/middle east terrorists...anyways we don't have enough information yet.

Hell yeah, then I am one of the suspects.

obviously a very delicate situation...far beyond what I understand.

'GROUP CLAIMS ATTACKS

A terror group linked to al Qaeda has claimed it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.'

Once they find those terrorists they can shoot em in cold blood. :angry:

As if the men or women who did that, actually fear death... <_<

They don't care...as long their goal is achieved.

The IRA already made an anouncement it is not responsible for the attacks. Considering the similarity with Madrid, I guess we can asume Al Quada is behind it.

British police managed to intercept previous planned attacks, but there is no way you can prevent one of slipping through.

Welcome in the 21th century, the area of urban guerillia warfare and terror.

Its a sad day for humanity dont care who did the boming now its going to be a fucked up g8 sumit and why always non military targets thats low...

Ok, as of now 7 explosions have been comfirmed. 6 have been at the tube stations in the centre of London. These are Kings Cross, Moorgate, Edgeware Road, Altgate East, Russell Square and Liverpool Street. In addition a tourist bus has blown up in Tavistock Square. There have been 2 comfirmed fatalities, a third reported on the bus and numeurous people injured. Not all the figures have been released yet and I expect that number to rise. The bombs all went off at around 8:50am, in the middle of rush hour. The places where the explosions went off and the timing tend to confirm the explosion as terrorist actions, obviously Al Queda is suspected but also it could have been an IRA splinter group or G8 extremists. There has been no confirmation on who is responsible as of yet. As you would expect the transport in the centre of London is paralysed.

More information can be found here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

If anyone responsible is reading this, I look forward to the day the SAS pay you a visit.

Murderers and Hypocrites. I wanna see them dragged before the old bailey like the common criminals they are. Terrorists today seem to think they are special.

The message on the website the BBC has posted claims the attacks were in justification for the deaths of Iraqis in Iraq - surely then the anger should be directed on the insurgents who are actually killing civilians in roadside and suicide bombings and not the peacekeepers? The religeous justification behind these people's thinking is incomprehensible. These people aren't Muslims, their inability to see the complete falacy of their actions makes me wonder if they are even rational human beings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4660391.stmh.../uk/4660391.stm

How can you argue against something as mad as that?

"He who warns is excused"??! Of what? of murder? Telling someone you are going to kill them doesnt make it acceptable... geez... how is anyone convinced of drivel like that?!

Never thought they would actually do it, always thought they were just threats. It's probably in a way connected to Iraq as well.

Once they find those terrorists they can shoot em in cold blood. :angry:

As if the men or women who did that, actually fear death... <_<

They don't care...as long their goal is achieved.

The IRA already made an anouncement it is not responsible for the attacks. Considering the similarity with Madrid, I guess we can asume Al Quada is behind it.

British police managed to intercept previous planned attacks, but there is no way you can prevent one of slipping through.

Welcome in the 21th century, the area of urban guerillia warfare and terror.

Well what would you propose to do with them?

Put em in the hotel that is prison? (really, most criminals around here have it beter then the poor people)

Zapatero said his government "calls for unity by all who believe in freedom and peace in the face of barbarous terrorism."

From CNN. Zapatero being the Spanish President (or Prime Minister? I'm not quite sure...)

Hippies unite, and there won't be any more terrorist attacks because Jesus loves everybody. When something like this happens, the people responsible should be hunted down and killed in the name of justice. Real justice would be locking them in a tight space and blowing up bombs all around them until they were choking on smoke and frantically trying to scrabble up the steep, unclimbable walls in the utter darkness, but trying them and sentencing them to a formal execution is our way of justice, and it will have to suffice. If Zapetero expects the world to just say, "Sorry about the attacks, Blair dude! Peace forever!" and ignore the terrorist threats and attacks from now on, he's a fruitloop. Or did he forget that 9/11, the most catastrophic terrorist attack to date in the known history of the world, wasn't provoked by any wars or military operations or anything overtly targeted against radical Islamists?

How can you argue against something as mad as that?

"He who warns is excused"??! Of what? of murder? Telling someone you are going to kill them doesnt make it acceptable... geez... how is anyone convinced of drivel like that?!

These people think it's true, how else can they bring themselves to kill innocent people hoping to see virgins in heaven?

What bothers me is BBC... the tone of their report seems too side with the terrorists more than Democracy.. they are very cautious about calling them "terrorist attacks"...

More than 30 die in London blasts

versus this Fox News report that makes it clear that the deed was barbaric terrorist attacks:

Terrorists Strike in London with Series of Blasts