DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

I'm Back - Miniupdate!

I have returned! After 3 weeks of camping, road trips, hanging out with friends, and even a trip to Nicaragua, I'm back! Despite a severe sunburn and a pile of "real life" work to do, I'm already jumping right back into AAOW.

While I've been gone, the team has been working away! Over the next few updates we'll be bringing you some of their work. For today, we're just going to have a smaller update of a little of what was finished over the last month while I've been gone. Godwin has completely retextured the MH-60 Blackhawk, and IronRaptor has finished off the map work for the first USA mission, which I'd started back in 2003!

We're going to start off the update with renders of the now completed MH-60 Blackhawk that you originally saw in January. The MH-60 is a lower flying assault transport helicopter known around the world for transporting the United State's most elite fighting forces. The MH-60 can transport up to 8 infantry, and is armed with dual .308 caliber miniguns.

MH60_2_s.jpg

InFlightRender_s.jpg

And now for this update's screenshots! All of this month's screenshots were taken from the first USA mission. Expect more in future updates!

Seen in these screenshots: Finished map work of USA01, new F-15E texture, new particle effects, finished MH-60, some cinimatics from USA01

JSS01_s.jpg JSS02_s.jpg

JSS03_s.jpg JSS04_s.jpg

JSS05_s.jpg

Also remember, we're currently short-staffed! We need modelers, texture artists/skinners, mappers/scripters, and voice actors to help us get this done. See you again soon!

WOAH, i new there was something Blain splinteringly Awsum on the way and here it is! for a short staffed team where the team leader is away thts amazing!

Holy crap that stuff is waesome!

And hey I can do voice acting, unless its Iraqi or Korean (unless you privde the words)

I already did do some for...AR2

:)

um hi,im just a fan of AAOW,if u dont want me as a registered user,than thats ok,just delete me or somthing,but i like to c whats going on and stuff,i thank the AAOW team for doing this to C&C cause it was getting old with the crusaders and stuff,just not realistic for me.So talk to ya all l8r,unless im not invited back,cya :D

well thank u,i really joined the forums just because i like to here the new news and stuff,and i could give some ideas here and there.but all i can really say is keep up the good work.The game is 10 times better now with AAOW,and i cant wait to play with the Iraqies,not that im into tarroists or anything,but the US teams looks good too,nice job on the Blackhawk. :)

NICE! Is that a cruiser I see in the first pic? looks nice, I thought the quietness of the mod team would end soon! Glad I logged on today.

Yeah! Now that's what I've been waiting for! :D I sure do hope that dimmu guy, who demanded to remodel the Blackhawk, would see this baby. :)

How will the infantry rappel on it? The ropes will appear from the side of the openings and not below, right?

Not that I think it's still lacking something, but is it possible to put 2 sitting infantry on each side of the openings, just for eye candy and coolness, pls? Even if it's not animated...

Very cool stuff!! But how would the limited turret for the Gatt Cannon work?

That is not possible in the SAGE engine,Or is it. :unsure:

American AA shooting at American plane :D

Nice pics, the Blackhawk ones are funny :lol:

BTW, why are there thumbs next to the real thing?

edit : Nvm, it was this weird extension on my Firefox :P

Edited by AETAaAS

Very cool stuff!! But how would the limited turret for the Gatt Cannon work?

That is not possible in the SAGE engine,Or is it. unsure.gif

Correct, it is not possible to limit turret turning angles; I've got the same problem for the A7V and BeuteIV. AcceptableAimDelta would probably make a nice workaround, just with the turret fixed in place. But no doubt this has already been covered internally ;)

Yes, that is a cruiser, based off of a CG-47 acually, and yes, it does work. ;) You won't be using it in this mission, however (I'll leave it for you guys to guess why hehe).

The MH-60's ropes do indeed correctly come off the sides, and not the bottem. As for the guys hanging out the sides, well, you might see one or two in singleplayer. :ph34r:

As for air stunts, there will be none. It was a fan idea. Although it would be neat, it would serve no purpose and be unnecessary work.

i have an idea that u can use for the Blackhawk. u can make a varient of the Blackhawk with the extended wings with rocket pods,and get rid of the mini gunners.Its just an idea,for example,but of course,leave the original Blackhawk.

1UH60Blackhawk03Hellfires.jpg

Edited by Simone

thats already in its an upgrade for the blackhawk now what i would like to see is the infantry standing inside the blackhawk when loaded and the ability for them to shoot out of the blackhawk when it is not upgraded to the missle blackhawk because its more realistic and infantry do shoot out of blackhawks

As for the guys hanging out the sides, well, you might see one or two in singleplayer.

You have different versions of the Blackhawk? Heck, why not make the one with guys sitting on it available for skirmish as well? :P

Edited by Neospecz

i ususally play skirmish alot,so does most of this stuff apply to skirmish too,and i havent been around a loong time,so is there going to be gunners on top of tanks,just curious

thats already in its an upgrade for the blackhawk now what i would like to see is the infantry standing inside the blackhawk when loaded and the ability for them to shoot out of the blackhawk when it is not upgraded to the missle blackhawk because its more realistic and infantry do shoot out of blackhawks

Actually, that hasn't been an upgrade for quite a while now, the role of the Blackhawk in AAOW has changed. Before, it was the AH-60 (Attack varient, seen in that picture on the previous page), now, it's the MH-60 varient, the Special-Ops version.

As for infantry standing or shooting out, I'm afraid it's not possible with the SAGE engine, just ask HaloGen.

And Neospecz, because, this MH-60 is already waaay to detailed as is (1410 polygons as you see it in the renders), adding even two infantry would push it to around 1800-1900, which is ok as long as there's only one or two of them.

Have I crushed enough dreams yet? :P

Oh and i was wondering,Are the naval units useable,and are they usable during skirmish(if they are,i dont know how u would do it lol)And...... is the Spec ops unit gonna be the navy seals or somthing,and can u build more than one of them,unlike Colonel Burton.

Simone out

yes navel units will be in aaow only the smaller ones usa patrol gunboat usa anti-air enhanced basicliy itll be better then normal aa patrolboats buildable in skirmish but you have to find a seaport because there not buildable its basicliy a tech building that produces ships

Sign in to follow this