DerelictStudios Forums
alv80sg

Any One Want Smart Ai?

The AI don work. is it you never install the correct patch? Use either this patch BlitzkriegR2V035 or this Blitzkrieg2r2.5v049 By the way forgot to tell you some of the new maps cannot work but all the old maps in R2V035 works fine.

Well, if ya haven't even done anything to the SkirmishScripts.scb file then you haven't edited nor "created" a new AI. The AI you are all playing against is still RVMECH's AI, just modified with an .ini file. I was under the impression you took the time to improve the AI through scripting, in which case I would have evaluated your scripts etc. But apparently that's not the case, thanks for your time though.

Yup I know already.After telling me i need to edit the scb file I tried editing the scripts to let allied build airfields and flak cannon but there is no result how you link the scripts to the ini file

so even this is not AI editing but it improves game play, will you release this news to the public so that they can have some fun with the game before your R3 release?

Probably. I'm away from home for the week though, so it might be a while before I can get around to it.

Ok. You wish to edit their scripts? I went and took a look at them. You msut use the blitz version of world builder. Go into the Blitzmaps.ini and find the skirmish script file. Extract the folder (using soemthing like dRagonUnpacker. Then load up LBitzbuilder and import the script, edit it, then export it. From here, save the file, pack the file back togeather, and you should be good to go.

Very complicated, but htats what u gotta do.

EDIT:

1) Find the BlitzMaps.ini folder

2)Exctact the folder

3) Find the SKirmish scripts file

4)Open up BlitzBuilder

5)Import the file using the script editor

6)Edit it

7)Save it

8)Repack the folder

9)Replace the original folder with the new one.

There are the steps you must take. If i am incorrect on the folder name DarkALex, Please tell me.

Edited by {LD}Firestorm

You were close Firestorm :P . You've actually gotta go into the "Data" folder, then "Scripts" folder, then find the file named "SkirmishScripts.scb". Import that file into a blank map in Blitz Builder with the appropriate skirmish teams added. From there you'll be able to edit the AI's skirmish capabilities through the Script Editor and Team Builder tools.

Edited by DaRkAlEx

Dam thoutght i was close. i hope the maker of this 'unofficial Ai patch' can use my information though, i hope to see what he can do.

it's in BlitzEnglish I believe, a file called "Generals.csf". The best way to edit it is with XCC Mixer.

What? XCC Mixer is for opening .big files. :P THIS is for editing the .csf. What changing anything in there has to do with editing the AI, I will never know.

Edited by BlckWyerve

By the way why did you lock the allied basic infantry genade? But the Germans and the soviet can use theirs' to attack tanks. This make the allied paratroopers useless they are just siting ducks behind enemy lines.

Edited by alv80sg

Dude, I downloaded this AI and I highly recommend it for someone who has trouble with online play. Within about 5-6mins a Hard Allied AI had a Light Factory and was building a Heavy Factory! :D

Hard Allied or Hard Soviet can easily give the Axis AI a run for its money.

However something very odd happened in the middle of my game. The AI must have researched the secret Yamoto super-floating ability because they were building out in the water. :lol:

Don't believe me? Here's a screenshot.

Underwater.bmp.jpg

It's quite funny to see floating M18's. :lol:

:blink: Huh I never have this probem or seen it before wat map you playing and btw I haven updated the new AI yet that is the old want the new patch will be out when I post again

Oic after I seen your screen shot I get it. It is because the AI run out of space to build

Edited by alv80sg

Archipelago Annihilation is a bad map anyways imo :P

Hey I liked that map much. I am really :sick: that it isn´t anymore included.

Regards,

ironduke57

Oic after I seen your screen shot I get it. It is because the AI run out of space to build

Exactly, especially on Archipelago Annihilation. that map had a tiny build area. i edited it to make the base area bigger, but i think i did that after the release of 2.5. :unsure: cant remeber. Personally, i cant stand that map. But the editted version is played quite a bit online actually. there are a lot of maps played online that are not in the release. Mostly made by Neo or myself.