DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

Update Time!

Hello once again everyone! Things are slowly picking up again, as staff returns from vacations. I'd like to welcome weston, our new modeler, to the team! He's already hard at work.

First up, the new United States Communications Center. This heavy concrete structure is the US's new research building, replacing the Strategy Center. The Communications Center comes with a backup RADAR in case your Command Center is destroyed, as well as a few to-be-announced abilities that supported the USA's famed CAS (close air support) abilities. New upgrades can also be ordered at the Com Center. Look for more details on this structure in a future post!

CommunicationsCenter_s.jpg

For screenshots today we have 5 from several new maps by Iron Raptor:

- Baghdad

- Artillery Lines (v2.0)

- Canyon Death Trap

- USA Mission 01

Also, in screenshot #2, you can see the Delta Force's new special ability! He is able to use a laser pointer to call in airstrikes on enemy buildings. After he marks the target, three F/A-22A Raptors fly in, each dropping one GBU-27 on the target.

Kudos to Garrick for the code!

AGSS01_s.jpg AGSS02_s.jpg

AGSS03_s.jpg AGSS04_s.jpg

AGSS05_s.jpg

This week we're especially looking for mappers! If you think you'd like to help AAOW out in the mapping department, send a sample to EvilViking[AT]gmail.com!

Viking out!

Your aircraft textures get pretty blurry from far away, try some mipmap sharpening to boost the visibility of the finer details. Other than that, looks great. I like the particles. :)

Hey that shit look tight as hell!

Looking forward to next news posts.

Of course, shit in a good way...

:)

The heat blur from the BH engines are pretty cool :P

The particles are nice, but I think it'd be even nicer if they had a little shading, might help you out on that if possible

OMG, a Baghdad map! :D Pls guys, I'm begging you, make the AI function like a cheating, turtling, rushing crazed lunatic like there's no tomorrow for the Baghdad map...actually, make it in all your maps! :D I have an untrained eye for those particles but I really like them as well. Did you guys also made a new model for the USA Command Center?

awww that sucks i need my 15% atack range increase for my units i always want my units to have the longest atack ranges possible i always have my units outrange the enemy tanks,infantry,artillery everything

Ummm, Viking, I just think the US infantry's rifles are textured lightly, they look a bit silvery ingame, perhaps you could darken them? Black would be fitting I guess, with some parts dark greyish parts. I hope all infantry will have darker shade with their weapons. B)

Its fine at the minute isnt it? well apart from mine, the installation bodged up and now the gun floats about 5 meteres away from the infantry, its hillarious!

I was about to say that also, by the way viking, don't forget to change were the soldiers hold there guns.

How do they hold their rifles? I think they're ok, Medic made them, and that's my only reason. :P Only the silvery texture of the rifles though...

Sign in to follow this