DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

August Update #2

We're back! The past few weeks, the whole staff has been working away, trying to get as much done as possible before school (college for some of us!) starts up again. The USA is nearly done with it's transformation, we're now down to just a few buildings left to finish, and most the units are all done. The USA AI is also performing well, after I made a few tweaks to it. The Hard USA AI quickly defeated a crippled Hard Iraq and a strong Hard China, and then came after me! Over the next few weeks I'll be continuing work on the AI, so look for updates on that.

Onto the updates! Today we have a smaller update for you. The United States Oil Power Plant produces some of the most safe and efficient energy in the game. At $1,200, the Oil Power Plant is slightly more expensive than others. They can also be individually upgraded with the Refinement Upgrade, which increases power output.

PowerPlant_s.jpg

We also have something special this week, a video clip from An Act of War alpha v1.4, of the new Supression Bombing. Note that the damaged version of the A-10 is not ingame yet.

Click below to check out this 6mb video!

An Act of War v2.0 Suppression Bombing Clip

And here's this update's two screenies:

AGSS06_s.jpg AGSS07_s.jpg

Remember, if you have any modding talent, drop me an email at EvilViking[AT]gmail.com!

We'll see you guys again late next week!

one word: wooooaaaahhhh.... you guys are updating so quickly nowadays... good to see an extremeley active mod team.. on the other hand i feel slightly downed now that school has been mentioned...I can see the banners flying up outside WHSmiths and such saying BACK TO SCHOOL SALE! MAKES GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FUN!, augh... plus the whole GCSE starts...I need AAOW 2.0 to keep me from going insane! :lol: I watched the video and loved the new A-10's (similar to CWC's?) but it seemed to last half a second! the thing i loved about the clusters is the time they went on for....they havnt been shortend have they?! :(

[DISCLAIMER: I am aware that this is more than one word and therefor am protecting all copywright laws within stickdudeink and related products, further more I am not speaking out against WHSmiths or any other shop representing a 'back to school' related message, I also am not rushing the Release date of 2.0]

Edited by Jackseno

at that size and cost that powerplant better be the best in the game even before its upgraded with the refinement upgrade because it will restrict your base placement and its more money *alpha 1.4* now what does that say about how long its gonna take long way away from 2.0 :P

[Q] at that size and cost that powerplant better be the best in the game even before its upgraded with the refinement upgrade because it will restrict your base placement and its more money *alpha 1.4* now what does that say about how long its gonna take long way away from 2.0 [/Q]

your right! awwwwwww............fish sticks... We Need tungaskas! we need signs and banners and chanting, achuly, scrap that, we need recruiting, how hard can it be? i could start myself, where do i start? learn to map (naw i can't do that my map makers broken) voice acting? (naw i cant do that i'm british!) urr....coding? (how the Hell do i do that?!) seriously guys i'd help speed up the releasing but i'd like to know how!

If you can voice act as a British, I'm sure there are mods who need that, Blitz2 perhaps, CtA too?

And nice model/texture :)