DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

It Is Time!

Anyone notice anything different around here? Oh yes, it's uber-update time! What's the special occasion? Last weekend the An Act of War site topped over 200,000 hits! This includes every AAOW website that's ever been, from our original Geocities page, to www.act-of-war.ca.tc (still active), to Planet CnC, all the way to Derelict Studios! Over the last 12 months, the An Act of War site has gone from an average of 100 hits per day to from 300-500 per day!

The biggest change in this update, as you can see, is that our new website is finally online! Coded by mastermike707 over the last 8 months, this new website is incredibly interactive, making it extremely easy for me to update. Special thanks to mastermike707 for all his hard work! Please remember that some things are still being worked on, such as an updated Storyline, and the new Gallery and Downloads systems. If you have any comments or find any errors, send an email to mastermike707@gmail.com .

Along with the updated core site, the Team, Features, Gallery, and various other pages and statistics have been updated. Be sure to check it all out!

Now for this update's renders! Today we have two renders, starting off with the USA Command Center. The Command Center contains the USA's main RADAR, as well as command over some superweapons and Generals powers. Dozers are also built from the Command Center:

USACommandCenter_s.jpg

And now here's a unit you've already seen in a good number of screenshots, the A-10 Thunderbolt! The toughest Close Air Support aircraft ever built, the A-10 is made to complete it's mission and make it back home. It can survive in flight even after the loss of hydraulic pressure, an engine, all landing wheels, and even an entire wing!

In An Act of War, the A-10 is used for two attacks, Suppression Bombing and Close Air Support. For Suppression bombing, three A-10s are armed with six 10 MK20 Rockeye II cluster bombs each, meant to saturate it's target. Close Air Support calls in three A-10s armed with the GAU-8/A 30mm seven barrel cannon and six AGM-65 Maverick missiles.

A-10Render_s.jpg

And now, to continue the celebration, a special treat! Presenting, the first An Act of War Gameplay video! This features highlights from several skirmishes, each one myself and four hard USA AIs in a free-for-all. Watch carefully, you can see me getting own3d by my own AI. :lol:

Click on the image to check it out!

(requires WinRAR extractor: http://www.rarlab.com/ )

VidThumb01.png

Ooo, nice huh? Right now you've gotta be thinking, gee, how can it get much better? Hmm... how about 10 screenshots fresh off of my hard drive from alpha v1.44? In these screenshots, you can see the new buildings ingame, new particle effects, new Generals Powers in action, a few snapshots from USA mission 01 intro, and generally the new AIs butchering each other!

200_01_s.jpg200_02_s.jpg

200_03_s.jpg200_04_s.jpg

200_05_s.jpg200_06_s.jpg

200_07_s.jpg200_08_s.jpg

Note: Due to an image limit, to see the remaining two screenshots, please click on "View Comments" at the bottom of the post.

Well, I'd like to thank all of our awsome fans for helping us to get to this landmark, as well as my fellow modders and webmasters in the CnC community! Stick around, great things are to come!

Remember, we're always looking for help! If you have talents in texturing, particle effects, 2D graphics, or mapping using the Worldbuilder, please send a sample of your work to EvilViking@gmail.com.

Enjoy the goodies, and see ya soon! Viking out.

Edited by EvilViking

I take it that you're still sticking with the air-dropped dozer, right? Command Center looks congested though...

And you're still keeping the silver rifles of the US infantry? :o

Edited by Neospecz

It's been a while since I posted here, but you guys are doing an amazing job. Kep up the great work. The Command Center looks wonderful and the model of the A-10 looks superb as well. The only suggestion I have is that the textures make it look a litttle too plain. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Also what are the chances we'll see version 2.0 around christmas time?

Ok, fine, the Command Center is final. :P Remember, it's a field command center, simply the centerpoint to a hastily built base. Also remember that your Dozer comes from an aircraft.

wowowowowowowowow!....and wow! Lungs collapsing, total awsumness over whelming.... video clip 26% done...GAH! 27% w0o0o... The updates are rolling in and this game will be so much more than worthy of every gaming shelf through out the world!

errr... also about what that one guy said?

[Q]

Also what are the chances we'll see version 2.0 around christmas time?[Q]

That would be the best thing ever.... :D

oh and err....wow!

Since i dont know the signs of foreign currency, i had to do 2 calculations:

Assuming that was 5 Euro: that would be equivilent to: $6.10

Assuming thats a United Kingdom Pound: that would be $8.92

anyway, to the real reason im here, viking, any chance of a screenshot f the us airfield from a different angle?

Oh dear, I hate myself for doing this...I apologize for bumping on this thread but since this is about the Command Center...

I'm currently hooked with Mid-East Crisis, and I like the idea of Israel dropping dozers by Blackhawk...how about implementing something like this instead? A dozer will be dropped by Chinook? I'm sorry if this'll be offensive to some, but I just thought this would be better than dropping it by cargo plane.

Sign in to follow this