DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

Quickie Update!

Hello again everyone! We're getting the kinks ironed out of the new site, as you can see! We've updated the Statistics and the Team Page as well. Today's update is a little light, as in the last three weeks I've lost a fan and half of my RAM, so I've been working on a cripple PC. The good news is, the United States is nearly completed! The team is alrady turning it's focus back to Iraq.

Today's render is the Cruise Missile Control Center, the United State's superweapon. The CMCC calls in 12, low-flying cruise missiles that strike anywhere on the map in seconds.

CMCC_s.jpg

And here's three screenshots I just took today, testing out some new particle effects and various other tweaks. Note that China will not be in the final release.

SPTSS_01_s.jpgSPTSS_02_s.jpg

SPTSS_03_s.jpg

Remember, we're always looking for help! If you have talents in texturing, particle effects, 2D graphics, or mapping using the Worldbuilder, please send a sample of your work to EvilViking@gmail.com.

Expect more updates soon!

your vikingness, when you say china will not be in the next release, do you mean generals china cos, ive kinda grown attached to them *cough* overlord *cough*, since i cant use the air force general

Why would the original armies stay in a total conversion?

please send a sample of your work to EvilViking@gmail.com.

That explains why my PM goes unanswered. :lol:

Edited by BlckWyerve

Yup, the Generals Chinese. Remember, v2.0 will have Iraq and the USA, and maybe some Generals too. They're still in right now, because when I play against the USA AI, I have to concentrate on playing (errr... defending!) instead of testing! :lol:

I deleted it for you. :P And boy does the USA use aircraft! The the skirmish that those three screenies were taken from, I had a Hard China to harass me, and two Hard USAs down below to butcher each other. By 15 minutes into the game there were Cruise Missiles flying over my base on their way to one or another of the USA's bases (a scary moment every time!).

I advanced into the middle of the map just a little to get more supplies, sending 4 Apaches, 3 Avengers, 3 TOW Humvees, and a Dozer. I built a Command Center, a Supply Center, and a Power Plant. Within two minutes, a unit of Bradleys and M1A2s were engaging my few defending units, as a B-52 carpet bombed my new Supply Center and Command Center, taking out the former along with my Dozer. Then three F-15Es and a F/A-18E roared in and leveled the new Power Plant. Only my Apaches saved the day from the ground forces.

I think I pissed 'em off, for the rest of the game, those F-15Es kept taking out buildings back at my main base! :lol:

Edited by EvilViking

interesting, any possibility, with this *computer nerd voice* uber 1337 ai, you could possibly change the limit superweapons to no superweapons? (at least the buildings)

but, nice work, give RVMECH a run for his money...... unless he made it, then HORAA FOR RVMECH!!!

Why wouldn't it?

how the heck should i know, my comp must know i dont know what im looking at when i look at its "unmentionables"... or something to do with my internet connection, i dont know

EDIT: [it worked this time, go figure] btw, in the first ss, in the top left corner, the goldtrimmed rectangular object, your creation or a building bib?

Edited by Paladin327

Remember, v2.0 will have Iraq and the USA, and maybe some Generals too.

I think adding up those Generals will take more that a month's coding if I'm not mistaken. Instead of working on it, I hope you guys just focus on North Korea instead.

yes id like to be able to disable super weapons and how long is it gonna take to upgrade iraqs statistics its been 25% for atleast a year lol :lol: you could atleast put it up 1% to 26% lol*edit well also you could atleast show us an upclose picture or render of the new modeled and skined ingame usa construction dozer i see hidden in the screenshot or is it a new mobile repair unit :D and while im at it it looks like the f-15 has a new atack in the picture it shows its ammo has been increased from 1 to 4 spill the beans on these 2 new features

Edited by usafirewarrior

That stats have been broken for a while, mastermike is working on it. Also, it's a little hard to just come up with a %, you know. Plans change.. a lot!

As for the rest... good eye! Patience is a virtue... :P

yeah, fire, the eagle gets 4 missiles that do a quarter the damage that the aurora style eagle did, and if im not mistaken, it lost the supersonic ability, and it fires its missiles from about a screen and a half away and that takes about 4 seconds

Any chance of seeing a new view angle of the usa airfield in an upcoming screen as i wasnt sure in the last update, weather or not it changed

oye

http://www.big-boys.com/joke.asp?ID=944

its an old joke, it can be used with any president

EDIT: well, there is a lot of wasted space at the back of the airfield, i was thinkin, that planes could land there, and take off where the current runways are, that would be good for when planes are comming back from an attack, and they start landing, while the airfield is under attack, the other planes cant get airborne to defend themselves. its an efficiancy thing

Edited by Paladin327

Sign in to follow this