DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

United States Is Nearly Complete

Good news everyone! The United States is 98% complete! This means everything, every animation, building, unit, graphic, sound, command bar, particle effect, and so on. Once the United States is fully complete, the v1.5 alpha will go to the Derelict Studios beta testers, as we dive back into Iraq! So, very soon, look for the "last hurrah" USA update as we wrap it all up.

Today we have two renders. First up, the last USA building to be completed! This is the United States' Motor Pool, where all ground vehicles are built. Artillery cannot be built unless the player also owns a Communications Center. Any friendly vehicles can also be repaired here.

MotorPool_s.jpg

This next render is the M1 Grizzly, the United States' "dozer". The Grizzly has medium armor, and can also remove mines and explosives, as well as repair damaged buildings.

Grizzly_s.jpg

Today's screenshots showcase the raw power and precision of the United States in An Act of War, from Humvees loaded with Marines, to cruise missiles and B-2A stealth bombers, to the powerful MLRS Launcher artillery:

SPTSS_04_s.jpgSPTSS_05_s.jpg

SPTSS_06_s.jpg

Remember, we're always looking for help! If you have talents in texturing, particle effects, 2D graphics, or mapping using the Worldbuilder, or anything else you think might be useful, please send a sample of your work to EvilViking@gmail.com.

Viking out.

This is beutyful. Just beutyful. But let me have a question. USA is nearly ready, no? I'm not asking you to release it when it's done, i just like to know what is the reason you won't release an 1.2 beta or 1.whatever? It would be great for us, you, and may attract more hundreds of fans. Just a question. Also if the team needs a mapper with 0 scripting experience, here i am :)

Edited by Goblin

cooool...what gens powers are there for USA? thry might have changed....i always like good level 1 powers and the upgradeable ones...so can anyone shed some light on that? (plus dose powers menu look different?)

In my personal opinion though....I never really liked the grizzly..but hey ittl look better in game right?

I have a litle suggestion for the USA medic. You should change the model to something like the attached image. It would look more realistic IMO

post-92-1127552793.jpg

This is beutyful. Just beutyful. But let me have a question. USA is nearly ready, no? I'm not asking you to release it when it's done, i just like to know what is the reason you won't release an 1.2 beta or 1.whatever? It would be great for us, you, and may attract more hundreds of fans. Just a question. Also if the team needs a mapper with 0 scripting experience, here i am :)

I so badly agree!!!!! :D PLEASE !! PLEASE do as he ses :D :D

And what about people that just whant the USA and not the rest?That will also benefit them and make new fans 4 you :lol:

And no more begging for a v1.5. There will never be a v1.5, there will be a 1.5 alpha.

well there goes my poll crashing to the ground....you can delete it if you want....

check the poll for the explanation...apaently theres already some iraq mixed in and it would tear the fabric of the universe apart or something like that....

To put it simply, more of Iraq is done than you guys know, we've just been concentrating on finishing the United States. We've been working on everything at once, so everything from the shellmap, to the load screens, missions, music, particle effects, etc, sit half finished.

To get a "v1.5" out, we'd have to stop all work on Iraq and the missions, and concentrate solely on getting a lot of things done, non-gameplay wise. Even then, it would take, at the VERY least, a month to finish everything out, and then seperate it from what's not done, and then get the installer working.

Now, on a lighter note, you guys might like to know that we're currently working on a special treat to tide you over until the whole v2.0 is complete. ;)

w0o0o0t, special treat, that means something awsum i know it!

plus i never noticed the B-2 in the screenie, how did i miss that! amazing unit that i sure will be using alot

It's actually a scripted-only unit. :P It drops the MOAB.

I know, i meant using the MOAB drop alot, y'know like choosing it over sumthing else in the 5* part

hmmm that map looks aweful familiar....lol British Coast one of my best maps. LOL well i just finished another for everyone....you will have at least 7 new multi maps included in this new version. Soon as i finish Indian Point Reactor.....oops shouldnt have said anything....lol maybe that well get u wanting more.....muhahha im so evil :P ;) :ph34r:

To put it simply, more of Iraq is done than you guys know, we've just been concentrating on finishing the United States. We've been working on everything at once, so everything from the shellmap, to the load screens, missions, music, particle effects, etc, sit half finished.

To get a "v1.5" out, we'd have to stop all work on Iraq and the missions, and concentrate solely on getting a lot of things done, non-gameplay wise. Even then, it would take, at the VERY least, a month to finish everything out, and then seperate it from what's not done, and then get the installer working.

Now, on a lighter note, you guys might like to know that we're currently working on a special treat to tide you over until the whole v2.0 is complete. ;)

As much as I would love to have a 1.5 to play around with, if it's that much trouble I'll wait. I'd much rather have a 2.0 in six months or so instead of having to wait even longer because a 1.5 was released.