DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

The United States Is Finished!

It's official: The United States is complete! As of Wednesday, the v1.5 alpha went out to beta testers at Derelict Studios. Already Phoib's gotten whupped up on by myself & imustkill, hehe. Testing is going well, with a medium sized bug list that's being worked on. Already, the team is returning it's focus to Iraq. Expect the next update to be filled with Army of the Phoenix goodness!

For today's update, we have something special! To celebrate the halfway completion of the USA, I've made a special background featuring USA naval units. Note that the models & textures you see are the true, ingame ones as well!

usapromorender_s.jpg

Instead of renders, I think I'll give you folks a good look at what v2.0 will be like. To start off, I'd like to give special mention to Pantherxiii, who has made us a new logo and many other images for use in the installer and elsewhere! So, first up, a preview of the new installer:

installer_s.jpg

We have a second surprise for you, the United States Command bar, done by myself!

usacommandbar_s.jpg

Today's screenshots are taken from the v1.5 alpha. Enjoy!

OCTSS01_s.jpgOCTSS02_s.jpg

OCTSS03_s.jpgOCTSS04_s.jpg

OCTSS05_s.jpgOCTSS06_s.jpg

Remember, we're always looking for help! If you have talents in texturing, particle effects, 2D graphics, or mapping using the Worldbuilder, or anything else you think might be useful, please send a sample of your work to EvilViking@gmail.com.

Viking out.

congratulations EvilViking and team looks very well done (i also noticed the little things u changed such as the spanner for repairs ;) ) but seeing the command bar have use thought about with the map thing u know how if u put a camera or sumthing in fron of a tv or computer screen how it does that weird roll thing well i thought u could do that to the map to give it extra detail or sumthing (but all n' all 10/10) oh and does the american flag sway or is it a still image?

I love it! :hb: :hb: :hb: Ahh al thoes great buildings and the beutyfull command bar...

And awesome particles.

Edited by Goblin

You just love taunting us with this awsomeness like you have a bag of tastey snacks and we ask for those tastey snacks and you say no and munch on them right infront of us :blink:

Congratulations AAOW team! Those units and buildings look awesome. I cant wait to use em in battle. I am also looking forward to the next Iraqi updates. :D

This is such a polished and great looking mod. Really embodies that devotion to quality you get from the DS attitude.

Very awesome work guys, can't wait to play it.

Hey imustkill dont go pointing fingers...your the one who incited that little rebellion starting with launching 3 of ur own cruise missiles against ur ally....ME.....but it was fun to watch you 2 beat each other up.....but using my last missile strike against ur airfield full of fully promoted F-15E's....thats priceless!