DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

The Army Of The Pheonix Is Coming

I don't know how this happens, but whenever I start preparing an update, it suddenly becomes this huge thing, with me having an overload of content that goes together to post up. Well, I guess you guys aren't complaining, eh? hehe, I didn't think so. I've spent many hours online with AAOW members and other Derelict Studios staff testing An Act of War, and we're having a great time! Aside from the testing of v1.5 however, we're already well back into Iraq. Even the command bar is nearly finished!

Once again, as you can see, we've changed our website! This amazing design was created in less than a week by Derelict Studios 2D artist The Kämpfer, with coding done by mastermike707. What do you guys think?

To start off today's renders, I have our very first Iraqi building render. Presenting, the Iraqi Command Center! This towering structure is a testament to the grandeur styles of the Iraqi command, militarily and politically.

IraqiCommandCenter_s.jpg

Now, we've got some special civilian renders! First up is the LAPD Police Officer, and the LAPD S.W.A.T. Officer. You will control these units (and varients of them, like Sniper S.W.A.T. Officer) in the first USA mission.

thecops_s.jpg

And here's a unit that you'll be seeing a lot in singleplayer missions, the 600D Mercedes. A favorite of everyone from criminal organizations to Iraqi military leadership, the Mercedes 600D is a tough, yet sleek and powerful car.

Mercedes_s.jpg

And finally, we have the LAPD S.W.A.T. Van! This heavily armored truck is used to transfer S.W.A.T. members quickly and safely to any emergancy.

SWATVan_s.jpg

Now that we've got the goodies out of the way, I have an announcement. An Act of War needs your help! We've lost several staff members over the months, and we're severely understaffed. I'm the only texture artist, and at the moment, I'm in charge of simply too much as well. We're well on our way to getting v2.0 finished, but without more help, our rate of work is slowing down.

If you can help out (long term or short term) with:

- Modeling

- Texturing

- Mapping

- Map scripting

- 2D art

- Music

- Particle effects

- Sound effects

- Anything you think might be useful

Simply send an email with a sample of your work to: EvilViking@gmail.com

Thank you!

- EvilViking

Edited by EvilViking

how many staff members did you lose ? :( anyways AWSOME it looks like iraq bases will look like a city type base and usa bases will look like industrial plants with all the smoke, heavy machinery, and stuff totaly sweet

LOL good job. How come though that the Iraq command centre look more sophisticated than the US command centre?

Edited by Jacker

amazing update! here comes iraq!

EDIT: when you say 'music' what exactly do you mean? if we have any music that would work well in the game?

Edited by Jackseno

looks great :D can't wait...

sorry to here about the staff thing but i can barly map :( and i suck at everything else...

- Mapping

- Map scripting

Damnit, am I going to have to whore your e-mail and PM box? :P I don't want staff access or anything. Hell, I don't even want an alpha if I don't absolutly need it. I just want to help. ;)

w00t! Looks great, I hope we get to see the SWAT units in more then the first mission.

Maybe you could re-skin them a bit and have them be like Iraqi police officers that attack US Troops during some US or Iraqi campaign missions, or some other things. (possible neutral/NPC units in some skirmish missions).

I also see you're fond of the Weltron Urban font huh EvilViking. :P

the iraq command centre may look great and is like a mansion but its very low tech v an american command center :P saddam likes commanding from a fancy pants rich place while u.s. commanders like to command from a hightech quickly built does what it needs to do command center thats highliy mobile id say commanding from a mansions just plain stupid :lol:

but cool, lets not forget cool......before we go tearing down all those mansions....that were wokred so hard on...

...c'mon! they'll be fun to nuke!

Mansions makes targets....hehe, im gonna love blowing them up when it comes testing time....heh, then of course you all may have a go at it I suppose....

i can model map and basic map script but im busy on blitz atm so il help after i finish helping on that if i am alowd?

if you cant code... stop trying :biocodes:
Edited by Lord Von Teacup

Evil King you guys have done an awesome job so far :D is there any clue on which version 1.6 will be released? not pressuring for an answer im jw...I installed the An Act Of War Mod V1.1 and i was just wondering are there any new missions in the United States Capeign or is it still the same ? :huh:

Like i said in the other topic

version 1.6 will be released?

never

new missions in the United States Capeign or is it still the same ?

still the same for 1.1

cheers ;)

Edited by BlackHawk90