DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

Iraqi Airfield

Hello AAOW fans! I'm getting ready to head down to North Carolina for the weekend, but before I go, I thought I'd leave ya with a render!

Here is the Iraqi Airfield, where the Iraqi player builds, repairs, and runs his air force. The MI-28N Night Havoc, Su-37 Super Flanker, and MiG-21 Drone are built here. The player can also upgrade their airports with anti-aircraft guns for defense (not pictured).

IraqiAirfield01_s.jpg

And another view of the Iraqi Airfield:

IraqiAirfield02_s.jpg

Viking out!

wow AA at airfield? different... ironic... COOOOOOOOOOL!

Not too much, really. Remember that most of the Iraqi airforce in Gulf War I was destroyed on the ground by US planes.

The MI-28N Night Havoc, Su-37 Super Flanker, and MiG-21 Drone are built here.

What 'drone'?

Irak used "drone" planes that didn't require a pilot in some war becouse of the strong AA defense of the enemy.

Edited by Goblin

And you will, too. :P

Errr, Iraq with UAVs? I wanna see how that goes. sugoi.gif

They aren't like US UAVs, they're simply normal MiG-21 Fishbeds without a pilot. We have similar. Many nations with a sizable air force will turn older planes into drones for target practice purposes... Iraq just happens to use theirs in combat.

so how do they work if they dont have pilots in combat? RC? I don't know, but will we get to use them in AAOW and how (if they do) will they vary from piloted ones?

but will we get to use them in AAOW and how

The MI-28N Night Havoc, Su-37 Super Flanker, and MiG-21 Drone are built here

There won't be piloted ones so they can't vary from them. As far as my limited knowledge knows, the drone planes weren't controlled by rc, they are like the Predator and other pilotless planes. They can make simple dicisions, they can destroy targets in priority order.

Edited by Goblin

As far as my limited knowledge knows, the drone planes weren't controlled by rc, they are like the Predator and other pilotless planes. They can make simple dicisions, they can destroy targets in priority order.

I believe that's incorrect. From what I recall, the MiG-21 drones of Iraq were recon vehicles that were RCed from a central hub. Debate still exists over whether they were being converted to the LAR-27(?) project which would make them like flying chem-sprayers.

Logan might know more.

your makeing iraq a bit too strong with its aa

GLA already had an unfair adventage with the quad cannon so this isn't big difference.

Sign in to follow this