DerelictStudios Forums
steunwiel

D-day?

D-Day model wise is looking much better than that of Blitzkrieg I. Just the infentry, vehicles and even ships look so realitic it isn't funny. I really think Blitz has strayed some from looks after seeing the last few screen shots releases. The navy ships are god awful I don't care what everyone says on the forums. Basic, just look at their work on their website and compare it to Blitz, though Blitz does have a beta version released something I think D-Day should do so fans know that it is more than just fancy pictures.

D-Day model wise is looking much better than that of Blitzkrieg I. Just the infentry, vehicles and even ships look so realitic it isn't funny. I really think Blitz has strayed some from looks after seeing the last few screen shots releases. The navy ships are god awful I don't care what everyone says on the forums. Basic, just look at their work on their website and compare it to Blitz, though Blitz does have a beta version released something I think D-Day should do so fans know that it is more than just fancy pictures.

D-day has excellent voxel artists and very nice new terrain, but their infantry are just Sudden Strike converts, no? That, and I have yet to see any base buildings from them, mostly just voxels. Not to say that's bad at all, I mean hell, those D-day voxels look better than most stock generals models even... but Blitz has its charms, and D-day has its shortcomings.

Blitz is the mod you want to download if you want to have competent and well rounded graphics paired with polished gameplay and a fair balance of realism and ufnctionality with the RA2/YR engine. Lao Tze's new infantry, and the new buildings really look great, although I agree the ships are far too cartoony.

D-day, I've never played, and all the screenshots of t I have seen appear to be stage scenes moreso than casual shots. The graphics are very nice, eye candy to the n-th degree, but unlike Blitz, they still haven't released, giving Rami and PHil a head start, and frankly, a nice grounding. D-day and Blitz, when both release their next versions, are not going to be clones of one another (far from it), and I think both will be very enjoyable.

That, and well, they never really competed anyway.

Edited by Rattuskid

D-day and Blitz are not going to be clones of one another (far from it), and I think both will be very enjoyable.

As a Staffer on both mods, I can only agree with this is the strongest possible terms :).

hey Mikako...

you are new here...but i don´t tolerate any "oh-blitzkrieg-sucks!-d-day-is-so-much-better"-comments!

this are 2 very differentprojects.

and we don´t fight each other (like we, basicly me and GJ did with FL :P )

if you want to critizes us do it in a better way!

and i can assure you that the latest internalbeta is by far the best mod/tc gameplaywise i played so far!

Blitz: More compleat, well-rounded & probably better gameplay

D-day: Realistic Gfx & gameplay... well that’s about it :P

On a side note I would like to point out that Blitz has been around a year longer then D-day so their gona have more done.

Blitz: More compleat, well-rounded & probably better gameplay

D-day: Realistic Gfx & gameplay... well that’s about it :P

On a side note I would like to point out that Blitz has been around a year longer then D-day so their gona have more done.

hmmm you know that there was everythingremade or touched up since v2.0 :P

I don't know how I should take that... :mellow:

Any way I would have to be blind not to notice that you’ve changed pretty much everything :P