DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

Watch Your 6

Hello AAOW fans! I have good news! I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance... just kidding! Work is picking up again despite the team's very busy lives. I'd like to welcome the mapping and scripting talent of BlckWyerve to the team, as well as our new modelers, tanknews and PhyritoX!

Let's get the eye-candy started with renders of the Iraqi Barracks. All Iraqi infantry, including the Republican Guard, Rocket Guard, Iraqi Desolator, Guided Missile Team, Special Republican Guard, Fedayeen, and Rodall Juziz are trained and released from the Barracks. The Capture Building upgrade is developed here.

IraqiBarracks_s.jpg

And now, the first of Iraq's specialty, artillery! This is the Al-Majnoon, an Iraqi self propelled howitzer based on the South African G6. The Al-Majnoon is upgradeable from 155mm to 210mm as the Al Fao with the Overhaul Upgrade. The Al-Fao is designed to fire a 100-kilogram projectile at a range of 35 miles, and has the Generate Smoke Screen Capability. It's range can be enhanced even further with Rocket Assisted Projectiles.

Al-Majnoon_s.jpg

I've decided to let you guys have a special treat today as well! Here's a preview of the next update, hot off of testing in v1.6! Can you guess what unit it is?

watchyour6_s.jpg

Remember, we're still looking for 2D artists, including texture artists/aka skinners! Simply send an email with a sample of your work to: EvilViking@gmail.com

Viking out!

- EvilViking

YES! we get to see some artillary renders like i asked! ty viking!

im also a little confused...so there will be a public 1.6? i need to go read thru it again

great stuff, like the statue in the barraks

EDIT: i read thru it and it looks like next news update, oh well, the SU-thing still looks pwnage, and cant wait to artilary spam with smoke screen aswell! :worship:

Edited by Jackseno

Is the graphics engine improved too? That screenshot looks a lot better than the vanilia ZH.

ummm i think its the same engine dude i dont think ea would release a improved one its just EA with zh just made low poly detailed things

you do know most united states vehicles and infantry have equipment to spot stuff in smoke for instance the M1A2 abrams can easliy spot a tank in smoke and kill it so the smoke would not effect most things the united stats use

you do know most united states vehicles and infantry have equipment to spot stuff in smoke for instance the M1A2 abrams can easliy spot a tank in smoke and kill it so the smoke would not effect most things the united stats use

That's not exactly correct. The Abrams, Bradley, and most aircraft have such capabilities, but thermal sights are rare among infantry units. Not only that, but new types of concealment smoke that have been developed and are being used by many militaries give off considerable heat, obscuring an image even in a thermal sight.

Logan Hartke

But it does no good for an American unit in an urban situation. Obscuring the target with smoke using anything from a WP grenade to burning tires forces an American unit to close with the suspected target or go around in order to identify the target well enough to engage under American Rules of Engagement. It effectively funnels a unit into a kill zone when they have to fight war in an area where civilians are at risk.

Logan Hartke

UAVs?

And Goblin, the screenshot was edited I believe, areas were blurred out. (to bring emphasis to the planes, obviously)

Edited by Godwin

Nice looking stuff. I think the artillery unit was an interesting choice, I would have thought Iraq would use some old Soviet-era tracked howitzer. Putting a big gun on a wheeled platform seems to be a trend now.

Why would they? If you want the soundtracks, just rip them from the data archives...

iTunes = Macintosh < 0.

Sign in to follow this