DerelictStudios Forums
flyby

Winter Clean Up...

Although rules for Sig's and Avatar's were put up to maintain a visual pleasing forum environment, some people seem to gradually subvert the neutral aspect of the forum by using animated sig's and avatar's that scream for attention.

After a short discussion among Administrators it has been decided to ban all forms of animated pictures.

Additionally, I also want to remind you that the use of Nazi symbols is not allowed and usually ends with a permanent ban if the person refuses to comply to remove it. Neither is it allowed to use gruesome or shocking images, or politically inspired messages...

I'll give the forum visitors 48hrs to comply to this new extension of the existing forum rules. From then on, all non-conform sig’s/avatars will be deleted without notice.

And a note for Nazi symbols in posts, users will be banned on sight if that happens by me. Other admins are more lenient, I am not.

You are not allowed to display the Swastika, SS symbols or any other fascist symbols in your signature or avatar, in whatever form, for whatever reason.

Discussion about this is not possible.

You can still have an avatar, just not an animated anymore.

I agree that yours was one of the least irritating, but things got gradually worse.

We can't have any favouritism, by allowing one and not another to have animated gif's. So to make it fair, everyone has to comply.

Sorry, but blame those ppl that really went overboard... :unsure:

If the 2 combined do not exceed the dimensions set for 1 sig image, most admins do not have a problem with it. (board rules)

If you get restrictions imposed you should not complain to us, but to those who seek to abuse upon the normal non-written rules of "good conduct"...

Administrators do not make rules just because we like to confine people into a rigid network of rules. We only implement rules when we notice that people are abusing on some aspects.

Come on, killa has to be exempt from the rule. :P

I'm starting to hate this forum...

What's that? I think it's the sound of no one caring. Go write a song about it you whiny emo kid.

Acid's shorter animated avies are, at times, less 56k unfriendly than a 80x80 png. I understand that's not always, just sometimes.

Also, if you want Herr Kitty gone, you better remove it.

Well I did have a Animated avatar that people kept sending me emails/pms/messages about how good it is. :D But this rule shouldn't be a problem for me. :)

*Newsreader voice*

This just in, EvilViking is holding the Scharnhorst hostage. His demands are as following:

1. imustkill must remain Martha's Manwhore.
  2. Animated avatars must be allowed again.
An official Derelict Studios responce is expected soon.

This was Phoib, for DNN.

Well really the problem was the sigs...some of them were BIG.

I love that avatar but I cant replace my lovely Hild one.

^_^