DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarbleSentinel

Microsoft Buying Ea?

I have heard a rumor that Microsoft is planning to buy EA - specifically, an employee from the Oakbrook, IL Gamestop told me that some reps from Microsoft, as well as from EA, "hinted" that this would happen in the near future. He appeared serious, and I think he was the manager.

This is something I heard on another forum its probably just gossip but if true what will this mean?

Evil Giant + Evil Giant = Twice as Evil Giant :ph34r:

seriously though, why would EA sell out? They're a huge company making a lot of profit, if anything they are more likely to continue buying out smaller gaming companies rather than sell thier mass conglomerate to microsoft. As far as rumours go, they are just that, and I don't think someone at the bottom rung of an industry (or next to it), would have the most accurate info as to what was going on at the top.

That is so gay, if this isn't a rumour then the entire game industry will turn into a bunch of crappy products that are just made to get some quick dough

Isn't that right, Bill Gates?

<_< fuck microsoft, leave EA alone

News Release from Bungie:

"We are very happy to be the new developers of the next Command and Conquer game."

Seriously though if MS buys EA i think its good.

Edited by Juggernaut1985

I dunno, if you ignore most other Microsoft products, Microsoft games tend to be really well made. Age of Empires, Halo, MechWarrior? In all objectiveness, I'd trust Microsoft over EA.

I just hope they won't implement a wood, food, gold, silver or other resources that'll complicate resource gathering if it'll have a CnC or a CnC type rts...and don't miss neutral or civilian structures/units as well.

Hell YES! They'll release a C&C game for the 360 with EXCELLENT netcode, but it crashes when there's too many tanks on the screen.

Too many = 10

Maybe it's a merger

Microsoft Electronic Arts Entertainment

Now they'll release cordless mice that don't work until you download the patch which only makes the right mouse button work until patch 3.085 comes out.

I dunno, if you ignore most other Microsoft products, Microsoft games tend to be really well made. Age of Empires, Halo, MechWarrior? In all objectiveness, I'd trust Microsoft over EA.

Halo, MW, and all except one AOE game isn't from Microsoft. :P Publishers have nothing to do with a game except set dates, allocate funds, and market.

I enjoyed some of MS's more venturous projects in games. Anyone remember the unique but flawed Impossible Creatures? Or going back a bit farther, the Close Combat series?

Yeah, you guys are missing the fact that the rumor obviously has no basis in fact...

Hell YES! They'll release a C&C game for the 360 with EXCELLENT netcode, but it crashes when there's too many tanks on the screen.

Too many = 10

rofl

God imagine an RTS on a console. Thats even worse than an FPS on a console!!

Quake 3, nightmare bots, instagib, level 17... you cant get better.

(if you disagree you are wrong)

You know...I think Accele and I are brothers. I was just about to say this.

You realize this could violate anti-trust lawsuits. Microsoft itself violated anti-trust lawsuits. Although of course there are a ton of other monopolies <_<...but this is about Micro and EA.

Of course, this could mean you'll have to validate your next CNC game. GODDAMMIT. Its hard enough validating Windows. Maybe next I can only install CNC ten times.

But perhaps. We'll see.

<_<