DerelictStudios Forums
Godwin

Farewell

This is a note to both staff and forum members and whoever else who may care, in about 8 hours I'm off to national service enlistment. Have fun guys, don't blow the place up. Hopefully the next time I'll see this forum again is Christmas. Well, yeah... wish me luck heh. Yes I'm very nervous right now, scared too, I'm hoping nothing really shitty happens.

You'll be fine. But if you go to war then just think of yourself as already dead meat and you'll operate a bit better.

Jesus Christ, Godwin. Hope they put you somewhere where you can put your intellect to use rather than just being a grunt. Take care.

grumpy grandpa will take care with the forum :D sorry flyby harharhar

annyway good luck amigo.

Drafted or by own choice?

Check your msn logs with me :P we've talked about this before haha

Mandatory National Service, ie drafted.

Edited by Godwin

I was one of the last batches that were drafted here in the Cold-War Aftermath...

I know the feeling of uncertainty that comes with it. Whether you have a "good time" or not will largely depend on your social skills...

Oh, yeah, another thing: military logic does weird things to your mind, so keep your wits all time, pal !

He'll probably take no effect from the brainwashing proces, he is mentally strong enough to resist it.

good luck man, remember, never volunteer to do anything, otherwise you'll be doing everything. Do what your superiors say without question and best of all, be the best shot in your group ;)

Good luck Godwin, I hope you will go through this service unscated, like Wittman, I hope that they put you somewhere were your intellect can be used instead of being a grunt.

Edited by Garrick

I would say "make your nation proud" but I have a feeling you're already going to be doing that. You're in my thoughts and I hope for your safe return, perhaps as a beetter man, but hopefully not too changed...

Good luck and Godspeed.

Good luck!