DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

Iraqi Su-37 Super Flanker

Hello again everyone! Yes, it has been awhile! I'm afraid things are progressing a little slowly lately. We're short staffed, and I'm no longer able to maintain the obscene hours that I've been able to put into An Act of War over the last year.

But, we do have an update for you! First up, let's take a look at the poll that was up last week:

* What is the mystery unit?

* F-15 :: 3.2%

* F-16 :: 5.6%

* SU-37 :: 29.2%

* UFO :: 16.6%

* EvilViking's car :: 16.2%

* SU-35 :: 7.8%

* MiG-21 :: 8.6%

* The Wookie :: 13%

This poll has a total of 418 votes, and expired on Saturday, December 03, 2005 at 08:25 AM.

The correct answer is indeed the Su-37 Super Flanker! For the record, I no longer drive an Su-37, as I simply couldn't afford the fuel, hehe.

This week, we're bring you renders of the Iraqi Su-37 Super Flanker, along with a special series of screenshots featuring it! Here's the info from the Iraqi Faction Manual:

Su-37 Super Flanker

Purpose:  Base/Unit Assault, Scout.

Iraq’s workhorse fighter/bomber is quite literally a flying tank. It is armored like a tank and is therefore slower than most air units. Their expensive cost makes having too many of these to be cost prohibitive. Thrust Vectoring upgrade* allows for super maneuverability to dodge missiles and fire on enemy planes that are on its tail.

*Upgrade specifications subject to change

SU37render_s.jpg

These five screenshots were taken on the AAOW custom map "Nuclear Stockpile" by IronRaptor, which will be featured in v2.0!

SU37_01_s.jpgSU37_02_s.jpg

SU37_03_s.jpgSU37_04_s.jpg

SU37_05_s.jpg

And now, a little bit of disappointing news. There have been some rumors that An Act of War v2.0 is going to be released on or around Christmas. I'm afraid that that's just a rumor. While we're all working very hard, there's still a lot to do! Remember, if you have any experience with texturing (skinning), mapping, scripting, 2D art (such as logos/load screens), etc, please send a sample of your work to EvilViking@gmail.com !

I'll be back on Christmas day with a special update!

Viking out.

me loves it. Only issue is that housecolor field should be bigger than the pilot's clothes... I can't even see it on the big screenshot, when it's a lot larger than the actual size.

Edited by Goblin

Suh-wheet!!! :D

Very nicely done, AAOW team, model looks great, very nicely textured too, hats off to whomsoever did it :P

Huge number of polygons, but still very nice...

Didn't Viking already tell you what he drives? Its a hummer why else would his little name under his avatar say Humvee whore? lol jk viking

Yea, I love that map, took awhile to get the train figured out. I was missing a 2 inch connection on the waypoint path so it kept disapearring but I spent alot of time getting it to work and it turned out great.

LOOOOVE those particle and smoke trail effects!

And always put bad news first ;)...save good for last.

Either way great job...just dont give them Su-30s, or Ill be mad as hell.

^_^

are we sure that Viking dont fly an X-Wing like all the other internet geeks out there? great model, great model

Several black Suburbans pull up to Paladin327's house... :ph34r:

are we sure that Viking dont fly an X-Wing like all the other internet geeks out there? great model, great model

Several black Suburbans pull up to Paladin327's house... :ph34r:

Ooops, screwed!

That looks amazing. Although Iraq wouldn't have these jets even if USA never attacked and it was year 2020. lol. But great job on the work. Cant wait for this mod to be released, been following it for a long while.

but given the reaction, Viking does drive an X-Wing like every other internet geek. and why wouldn't Iraq buy aircraft when they rebuildint their army because Desert Storm 2 never happened. THey bought a lot of other expensive soviet surpluss stuff, why not their planes too? still think they need a fighter, bomber, and a ground attack plane as well, because choice is good

I'm an internet Geek too, but i fly a VF-1S Valkirye Fighter wich, IMHO onws the X Wing 10 to 1

vf1s.jpg

anyway a little info about the SU-37

it has a weak point that you can fully exploit to make your Hornets eat it like pieces of cake, after all, it take a little longer to lock on a Super Hornet since it has partial stealth features....

(Viking, you didnt' remove it, right?)

Edited by Garrick

And I tought this plane was called the Su-35? :P

Or was that the bomber? No wait... what was the 34... Im off my rocker... lalalalaaaa :lol:

The codename I think is the Super Flanker