DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilViking

First Update Of 2006!

Happy New Year everyone! Yes, this "Christmas update" is a bit late. I'm afraid that evil thing known to some as "real life" is taking over, haha. For those of you who have been emailing me, I'm going to get back to you as soon I can, thank you for your patience!

Today we have a render of the Iraqi Prison:

Prison

Prisons, Execution Centers, and Torture Chambers are an integral part in Iraqi psychological operations.  Prisons allow for the capture and storage of enemy prisoners of war.  These prisoners have a cash value that can be used but also have other values as well.  POWs can be stored here.  Images of the POWs can be broadcasted to Iraqi troopers to give a healing propaganda boost. The prison also generates prisoners in the form of Iraqi dissenters.  POW Trucks can be built at the Prison. 

IraqiPrison_s.jpg

And now, onto the screenshots. Some of this update's screenshots were taken on the excellent map "Jungle Canyon", by the G.o.a.T. While this map won't be included with An Act of War, you can get it now from CnCDen! It's one of my personal favorites, hehe.

http://www.cncden.com/

JAN06SS_01_s.jpgJAN06SS_02_s.jpg

JAN06SS_03_s.jpg

Remember, if you have any experience with texturing (skinning), mapping, scripting, 2D art (such as logos/load screens), etc, please send a sample of your work to EvilViking@gmail.com !

Viking out.

Sweet-lookin' tanks. Is the Arena system functional in game?

Edited by Panzerteen

looks beyatafool oh and im taking your word on that map im getting it now ;) (oh and have u and medic been following the Energy mod or is it just medicdude? saw his replys at the moddb thing)

Edited by BlackHawk90

Ah, Panzerteen.  So you are alive.

Logan Hartke

I HAVE been a little busy with school, kinda forgot about DS.

Why, missed me?

Edited by Panzerteen

Energy mod died a long time ago, eh...

Even I missed you, Panzer :)

i have a map where there r POW trucks on it? is that from some other mods? ill post the map if i can remember wat its called ;)

The american POW truck's model can still be found in the worldbuilder, but its just sitting there doing nothing unless someone mods it. EA's first good idea with generals was scrapping the POW capturing system imo.

will thr torture chamber be a different building? or will the prison be assumed to just have it in there... also, is it garrisonable? and lasty, will dessenters be better than the average Iraqi infantry? i mean it does seem alot of work capturing a POW and wasting good inteligence or cash to have a unit that is weaker than your average troop?

The pic of the POW truck looks like something off c&c gold or ra1... And yes jack there should be a special unit cause all the other guys would be like! AAAA INFEDAL! and then he would die on the spot! And also i was thinking for an idea like when you capture say 5 pow's it shows a certain part of there base/area/stealth unit/heat stealth unit and as u add more that the area grows? or more cash flow or upgrades for more bad torture so it increases money flow or something

Dissenters will be Iraqi citizens who dissagree with their government's policies or actions. You'll be able to "round them up" by buying them at the Prison, then incarcerating them in your Prison for funds.

Sign in to follow this