DerelictStudios Forums
[DK]PHIL

We're Still Alive!

Much better ^_^ seams a shame to lose the cobbles tho I kinda like them, of course you could always just add both..?

Talking about flak tracks, are you still using a green Sd.Kfz 251 as the M15/M16? it looked kina lame...

Edited by Mig Eater

We never used a green Sd.Kfz 251 as a M16. The voxel in the screenshot below is the M16 we've always been using - it has been made bigger by Major Gilbear though.

screen054s.gif

Mig, when are you gonna show us some new stuff from D-Day?

It might just be me but it looks like a 251 with an M16 turret to me, well it’s no big problem tho.

BTW I was gona ask you Phil, if you need any help with any voxels etc I’d be glad to help.

I’m planing a big update for D-day some time this week.

Mig, if you would like to update some of our voxels, then you're more than welcome - let's talk over MSN though, makes it easier. :)

Now, more civilian structures - I would love to add more civilian structures, but it takes a lot of time and I think it' more important to finish the more important things first.

I noticed in the beta I played that a few of the planes could be better, which is a shame cos everything else looked pretty good, I don’t mind fixing them up for ya. Well we can talk more about it on MSN as you said.

I can agree with Phil on the buildings, they can take ages. It takes me a week working non-stop to convert only a dozen buildings for D-day.

I'm redoing some of the Allied units atm... I'll post some pics of them, if thats ok Phil/rami?

Edited by Mig Eater

I've been working on the damaged versions of the Bridge, and you can see how far I've gotten so far below. Along with the bridges you'll notice the new M16 and the modified Valentine Mig did for us.

They look very nice, thank you Mig!

screen055s.gif

i disagree for if you look at the bridge pictures of ww2 they seem dented and bent after an explosion (remagen anyone ?)

The Ludendorff bridge was a steel built bridge & collapsed dew to structural failure at the joints. It ended up & as a big pile of girders in the Rhine. As usual you’re talking out your ass Yotta <_<

Here is a pic of a rail bridge of similar design to the Ludendorff just outside of Cologne (cant remember the name)

http://www.303rdbg.com/ce-rhine2.jpg

This is all quite irrelevant any way as the bridge Phil made is based on smaller stone built bridges, so can’t be compered to such large steel bridges as the Ludendorff...