DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chrono

AR2 4.0

Some details have been posted on the front page. Any thoughts or suggestions (besides those involving superweapons)? :)

Guest Commander

you can try putting back ur planet feature in u know

fight on atrigo and other scrin colonies

Guest Yuri Kenobi

The Scrin Vinefera Meteor Strike!

It comes at one (or more?) map. A little cool

Guest Teachno34

Crashed Scrin ships with some sort of tech bonus when you capture them (don't know how that will work for the Genesis, though).

Some local wildlife, they do add something to a game. (If you need ideas of for wildlife, I would be more then willing to help :D)

Guest Commander

yes work, but hey if u want to implement something like a suggestion, its work :D

Guest Mig Eater

Cool there is a pic of my plane :D hmm looks like the normals could be better

I'll do some more of them vxl's for ya today Chrono ;)

I like the crashed Scrin ship idea I could convert the TS Gfx for AR2?

Guest Teachno34

By the way, already got an idea how the Genesis could steal the technology, spies :D They already have a nice information network, are generally fast and mobile, so spies could be an addittion to their army that would give them some bonusses by infiltration.

I agree, spies will work just fine. And by the way, why not use one or both of Atrigos moons as a new theather, just use an existing theater and everythings done.

Guest Teachno34

It became pretty obvious with the release of that screenie with the scrin units on it :) They looked a hell of a lot different then the one found in TS

Quote from kornlord283:

And by the way, why not use one or both of Atrigos moons as a new theather.

Wasn't space travel prohibited?

Guest Loknar

How about letting both sides build a single MCV if their Construction Yard is lost OR if they capture a tech structure (maybe Genesis infiltrate with a Spy or mind control)? Being able to turn off Superweapons would be nice but not necessary. For a moon theatre you could use the ice pallet and redo any messed up colours couldn't you? Just a thought because just an ice world isn't as fun as more terrain types.

Guest Loknar

I know space travel is prohibited but what I am saying is that just having ice terrain might get a little boring after a while.

What about the MCV idea?

To contribute for the war effort, I will try to make an MCV voxel, but to tell you the truth I havent made a voxel in a long time, but Ill see what I can do.

Guest Teachno34

I don't know much about the planet, but I do know that Metorites that hit the ground, especcially toxic metorites can have a profound impact on the climate, so maybe some non-snow places could exist?

Guest Loknar

The easiest way to do new terrains would be ones that can use the arctic pallet, so you wouldn't need to recolour everything, modify pallets etc. If you did any crashed Scrin starships maybe they could give you a meteor strike SW? If you could get an animation for it (even dummy) that damaged the captured starship it would be a one-off SW too...

we didnt say the entire planet is all frozen and polar-like, of course at equatorial regions the temperature is not that low and some forms of interdependent vegetation and animal life (aka ecosystem) exist

so if and when we decide to make the grass lats more presentable, u wont be seeing much life on atrigo :)

Guest Beast Of Blight
we shouldnt use the TS scrin ship, the AR2 scrin may not be the TS scrin

Wasn't it already said that the ship in TS was built by Kane using the information in the tacitus?

So.. its not a scrin ship, its just like the Banshee. Something that Kane made utilizing the information recovered from the tacitus. :cool:

Guest Teachno34

By the way, since this is a ice planet, is it possible given the restrictions of the RA2 engine to make a snowstorm. It would be nice to have some weather around.