DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Count von Phoib

Muslims Burn Norwegian Flag Over a cartoon

They (Muslims) obviously want us to adapt to their standards or else they would not have raised havoc over those cartoons.

No. It's not the matter of adapting the standard. That's an insult.

Insult or no insult, they (the muslims) try to force their standards/opinions upon us (the western world) while they show little tolerance themselves.

I'm a Christian but if i were to admit that in the open in Iran or Indonesia i'd have to fear for my life.

There's a lot of noice and they expect us to comply, but zero tolerance is shown toward those who do not share their (moslim) opinion.

It's not a healthy situation. Even though i'm a Christian i respect other people's believes although i do not agree with them. Muslims should learn to do the same.

Don't talk like there is no Christians like those your-point-of-view muslims here. Minority Christians always do something wierd and expecting government to follow their needs through freedom of speech. A Christian priest disguised and entered a mosque trying to pull out people inside. After that, got caught and accused goverment not tolerable with people's freedom. What is that?

If you're about to say, "I'm different from them as I'm <insert what your sect of Christian here> Christian.", so do I. Even I am afraid to go to Iran or Middle-East. I do respect other people's believes. Although Al-Quran (Koran) is the holy book for Islam, Bible is considered as a holy book too. Do you think I will burn Bibles? Either it Old or New Testament? I read a few of them.

I love the shitty markers and paper job on recreating that flag. It's really lolleriffic. Islam, especially the more extreme varient preach in Saudi Arabia, is a very victim-complex oriented religion. If people start burning flags right back, or threaten to draw more insulting things... it plays right back into their mentality.

It would be akin to burning down a church after the priest called you a horrid satan worshipper.

Best to just point and laugh.

They (Muslims) obviously want us to adapt to their standards or else they would not have raised havoc over those cartoons.

No. It's not the matter of adapting the standard. That's an insult.

Insult or no insult, they (the muslims) try to force their standards/opinions upon us (the western world) while they show little tolerance themselves.

I'm a Christian but if i were to admit that in the open in Iran or Indonesia i'd have to fear for my life.

There's a lot of noice and they expect us to comply, but zero tolerance is shown toward those who do not share their (moslim) opinion.

It's not a healthy situation. Even though i'm a Christian i respect other people's believes although i do not agree with them. Muslims should learn to do the same.

Don't talk like there is no Christians like those your-point-of-view muslims here. Minority Christians always do something wierd and expecting government to follow their needs through freedom of speech. A Christian priest disguised and entered a mosque trying to pull out people inside. After that, got caught and accused goverment not tolerable with people's freedom. What is that?

If you're about to say, "I'm different from them as I'm Christian.", so do I. Even I am afraid to go to Iran or Middle-East. I do respect other people's believes. Although Al-Quran (Koran) is the holy book for Islam, Bible is considered as a holy book too. Do you think I will burn Bibles? Either it Old or New Testament? I read a few of them.

Wanna trade extremists? I'd happily have an Imam who pulls people out of a Christian Church. You can have the extremists that kill moviemakers, blow themselves up in metro's or bomb trains.

<_>

The fundamental problem here is that Muslims refuse to join the modern era, and the religion as a whole deals with its problems with violence and intolerance. While the western world (and thus everyone else) has moved toward a society founded on universal understanding and tolerance, Islam is still trying to conquer the rest of the world.

I find it amusing that the seemingly most 'offensive' cartoon was this one:

mohammedbomb.JPG

which "suggests that there is a link between Islam and terrorism". Err, haven't most of the terrorists in the last few decades been Muslim? Sure, there were IRA bombers, black september, and a few lunatics in the US, but the vast majority of terrorist acts have been carried out by Muslims.

Anyhow, the whole thing is ridiculous, by almost any standard. Saudi Arabia is boycotting the entire country of Denmark because thier government won't take away thier citizens right to free speech. (that's what it boils down to) Also, the idea of the Iraqi terrorists declaring war on Denmark really made me laugh. If they promote terrorism (and they do), they simply show the world that the cartoon above was right.

I can't believe that anyone on these forums supports the extremist actions of the middle eastern countries. This sort of thing just keeps happening. New conflicts keep emerging, and they all have Islam as a common thread. Please, go look at the cartoons coming out of the middle east, there's a lot more hatred there by far. Or just turn on your television and watch Christians satrized far more harshly, without the Christian world burning flags, boycotting, and demanding war on the country the program was produced in.

I'll be looking for some Danish cheese next time I go to buy food.

Oh, and maybe this situation is worse because the Islamic Society of Denmark went to the middle east with some extra pictures that weren't published in the first place that were more outrageous, and also lied about how many people they were representing. Maybe they had something to do with this? Oh wait, they're Muslim, so of course they wouldn't try to cause a problem, they belong to the "religion of peace".

Wanna trade extremists? I'd happily have an Imam who pulls people out of a Christian Church. You can have the extremists that kill moviemakers, blow themselves up in metro's or bomb trains.

<_<

I can say Portuguese, Dutch, French, Spanish and British were Christian extremists during their era of colonization in South East Asia. Like 40,000 locals slaughtered in a day by Dutch East Indies in Java, Indonesia because they didn't want to convert. What happened to the Philipines? All of them were forced to use Christian Spanish names. Those are the past but until today the hatred among each others still there. That's why the Moro Islamic Liberation Force in southern Philipines still fighting. That's why there are several terrorists activities in Indonesia against western places.

If you take deep thinking towards these matters, they kinda use religion for the ticket to launch attacks on the others although it's more on personal or racial problems.

Back to the topic, by seeing those pics, even I can go off to alalalalala~ blowing up myself. Because of the holy words being used in those cartoons. It's okay to link terrorism with certain races like Arabs.

The idea of suicide bombing comes from who actually? :unsure: Japanese? Arabs? Vietnamese?

It's the now we're talking about, not the past.

I feel no shame or remorse towards the actions of my country 400 years ago. Or should the Italians also be ashamed for invading my country 2000 years ago? :rolleyes:

What happened to the Philipines? All of them were forced to use Christian Spanish names. Those are the past but until today the hatred among each others still there.

No offense dude, but I'm from Manila, Philippines and we're proud to be Catholics, and my name (Ferdinand Navoa Estrada) may sound a bit Spanish but I have no grievances, and so are my countrymen, seriously. Even our most nationalistic activist groups don't complain that their name sounds Spanish and not Filipino.

That's why the Moro Islamic Liberation Force in southern Philipines still fighting.

Spanish naming is not the reason why there's conflict in southern Philippines (Mindanao). It's because they want an independent state called Bangsamoro Republic and our government wouldn't allow it.

Oh, and maybe this situation is worse because the Islamic Society of Denmark went to the middle east with some extra pictures that weren't published in the first place that were more outrageous, and also lied about how many people they were representing. Maybe they had something to do with this? Oh wait, they're Muslim, so of course they wouldn't try to cause a problem, they belong to the "religion of peace".

We don't hear much other than about this incident in Denmark, gets pretty tedious - these pictures were published in October last year!

Anyhow, it's first after the Islamic Society went to the middle-east to get the attention of various governments and religious leaders that it has exploded into this mess. The problem is that it has spawned a lot of rumours, for instance people wrongly believe that the Koran have been burned in large stacks in Copenhagen and that we're prosecuting the Muslims. It's ridiculous.

However, I do understand the concerns of the Muslims, but they do have to accept that in the secular societies of the West religion is a private matter and freedom of speech comes before religious taboos. It is interesting though, that people of societies where they have limited freedom of speech demonstrates against just that, freedom. Not to mention that in countries like Palestine, where we’re sending millions of dollars in aid, they are boycotting our products. In various interviews it has been expressed by Muslims that the only thing which can ever settle this is if the newspaper - Jyllands Posten - is punished by the Danish state for having brought these pictures and the nation sends a sincere apology to Muslims around the world; even an editor of a newspaper in Saudi Arabia felt this way.

Our cultures lie very far apart, and we’ve grown to recognise the right to say just about anything and we don’t take offence by political nor religious satire, since it’s mostly used in newspapers to prove or stress a point.

The countries of the middle-east and Pakistan don't seem to comprehend the lengths to which freedom of speech extends in the West. If the Danish government was to apologies it would be to accept that there are limits - thus regulations of the press - to the freedom of expressing ourselves.

People themselves, and Jyllands-Posten for that matter, should have the moral conscience not to bring such pictures, as they are very offending to certain audiences, but it is a moral obligation people themselves have towards others and not something which should be forced upon them by any state or institution.

Going back to the Islamic Society of Denmark, the leading Imam, Ahmad Abu Laban, went on Danish television last night proclaiming that he would now try to commute to the Islamic world that Denmark had had no bad intensions and to settle the uprisings. However, it turned out that he later in an interview with Al Jazeera (Arabian TV-station) said the exact opposite and welcomed the support of the Muslim world. This is in my opinion an example that certain Imams have an interest in intensifying this incident to prevent integration - Ahmad Abu Laban have lived in Denmark for several years and all interviews he does for Danish television are still in English, he of all should try to integrate himself.

It comes down to Voltaire; “I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Edited by [DK]PHIL

I always wonder why we Catholics or non-Muslims always have to bow to their standards like we can't do this, we can't do that because they find it offensive, how about us? Granted that we don't know much about their culture, but do they know enough what our culture is that they know what is and not offensive for us?

Is it because of the old theory that we have on Muslims like "oh they're Muslims, they're willing to fight for anything, better watch our step" and we Catholics are only like "if someone slaps you in your cheek, let them slap the other cheek as well"? Is it because we're branded as a weak religion that they're confident to impose their standards to us?

When you start pitting the religions against one another, you fall precisely into their trap. Many terror group leaders want just that, a global jihad.

@Phoib. As I said, that's the past but some people still remember that. If I am really into avenging those kind of things, there will be no Dutch and Chinese in my sight haha. :lol: Although 1/8 of my bloodline is Chinese. :ph34r:

@Neospecz. I just putting some facts. But well, you know your country the best. Even both of our countries have small conflicts of territories like Sabah and Spratly Islands. :lol:

When you start pitting the religions against one another, you fall precisely into their trap. Many terror group leaders want just that, a global jihad.

So I guess it's ok for Islam to pit itself on Christians and/or Jews but we, on the other hand can't.

Even both of our countries have small conflicts of territories like Sabah and Spratly Islands.

So true :(

Someone needs to teach the muslims they areent above non-muslim countries. but if someone did it would give them moore incentiive to hate us. I hat these never ending circels it's like driving in ccircles iits just so pointless.

So I guess it's ok for Islam to pit itself on Christians and/or Jews but we, on the other hand can't.

You know that's not what I meant. Don't get all pissy over them burning paper flags and shit. It's their loss. Yeah, their calling for blood, but most of those people are too damn poor to ever move to your nation, and those in your nation are usually exposed enough to new culture to really not do much.

Without organization, these rioting mobs are no moreso an international threat than those who perpatrated the LA riots. With organization is another story... not this story.

Don't start pointing fingers and playing the holier-than-thou card because you don't like the other guy playing the holier-than-thou card. It will only increase the chances of him slipping on a dynamite vest. Laugh at the idiocy. Laugh at the glaring, mind-numbing stupidity and their self-righteousness while fizzy out into childlike frustration.

Laugh at the stick up their ass.Don't grab some lube in hopes to have your own.

Someone needs to teach the muslims they areent above non-muslim countries. but if someone did it would give them moore incentiive to hate us. I hat these never ending circels it's like driving in ccircles iits just so pointless.

The thing is, those extremists who are going for Jihad against infidels will only think that they are right. Like me, although I am a muslim, if I denied their request for me to go for Jihad, they will considered me as one of the infidels too. In Pakistan few years ago, some employees were killed because they work at KFC. Muslims killing Muslims, see? Even in my country, there are two major political parties that always debating who is right. Both are considered muslim parties.

So, extremist Muslims and Muslims themselves are different. The Americans put it even in harsh way by calling them radical.

@Phoib. As I said, that's the past but some people still remember that. If I am really into avenging those kind of things, there will be no Dutch and Chinese in my sight haha. :lol: Although 1/8 of my bloodline is Chinese. :ph34r:

Those people that remember that sure have good memory, considering it happened bloody 400 years ago <_>

Really, it's a bullshit argument: "They are bad, you know what they did 400 years ago???" No, I dont know what my grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-father (give or take a few grands) did... Does he still feel the effects of it?

Here in Holland, the Germans in WW2 did some pretty atrocious things, I'm willing to bet it was worse then what the Dutch did in Indonesia 400 years ago, and nowadays Germany is our closest trading partner, most people go to Germany for vacation, really, except for football, there are no hard feelings between Holland and Germany.

Why can't some of those fundamentalists get the same attitude over something that happened 400 years ago?

And don't they understand that they should not dictate what we can print in our newspapers? Let them complain about their own country first, then they can start pointing fingers to here.

And [DK]Phil, isnt it time Denmark kicks that Imam out if he's behaving like that?

isnt it time Denmark kicks that Imam out if he's behaving like that?

Funny you mention it, there's a debate about the very thing at the moment. The problem is that many of the Imams have Danish citizenship - I don't know if Abu Laban has it, but he has been here for years so he might.

Why can't some of those fundamentalists get the same attitude over something that happened 400 years ago?

{o,o}

|)__)

-"-"-

YA RLY

I dont know dude. :(

The thing is, those extremists who are going for Jihad against infidels will only think that they are right. Like me, although I am a muslim, if I denied their request for me to go for Jihad, they will considered me as one of the infidels too. In Pakistan few years ago, some employees were killed because they work at KFC. Muslims killing Muslims, see? Even in my country, there are two major political parties that always debating who is right. Both are considered muslim parties.

So, extremist Muslims and Muslims themselves are different. The Americans put it even in harsh way by calling them radical.

Sorry. :( I forget their are different types of muslims every once in a while. (just like their are evil christians).

PHIL,Feb 2 2006, 6:36 PM]
isnt it time Denmark kicks that Imam out if he's behaving like that?

Funny you mention it, there's a debate about the very thing at the moment. The problem is that many of the Imams have Danish citizenship - I don't know if Abu Laban has it, but he has been here for years so he might.

Yeah, it's difficult, if not legally impossible, to strip away citizenship of a country.

But if he's the official spokesperson, there should be a way to get him ouf of "office"?

I always wonder why we Catholics or non-Muslims always have to bow to their standards like we can't do this, we can't do that because they find it offensive, how about us? Granted that we don't know much about their culture, but do they know enough what our culture is that they know what is and not offensive for us?

You know what we find offensive? Blowing up buses of children. Cutting reporters heads off. Killing peace workers. And yet they aren't very receptive to what we find offensive, obviously...

Atlest we can all look back at this and be happy that it gave me a new avatar. :D

Atlest we can all look back at this and be happy that it gave me a new avatar. :D

Iit gives me the feeling to scream: For the glaaaaaaa :lol: