DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Count von Phoib

Muslims Burn Norwegian Flag Over a cartoon

I dont mind them saying infammatory comments, through I dont like them.

I DO mind seditious comments like that one made by the US imam or w/e when he advocated the overthrow of the US government and replace of it with a caliphate...

<_<

America is founded on the idea of the people's interests taking precedent over government stability. I know very... distrusting people who always claim that we'd be so much better off if we took up arms against the government. You likely know the type, buys enough rifles to make a log cabin out of and has a big "don't tread on me" flag.

The doublethink comes in when you consider one group who wants to violently overthrow the government terrorists... and another just a harmless nutball or worse... a freedom fighter.

Yes maska, they are elected through mosques, and as weve seen mosques can have HUGE effect of their people. It is basically a way of maintaing church rule OVER the state, PRECISELY what we DONT WANT here. He's saying our votes have to be fixed through the (some) crazy mosques.

Ayatollah Khonemi was endorsed by tons of mosques. Didn't make him a good person - hell he was responsible for making Iran one of the scorpi-hornet nests of radical Islam. I'm sure through a caliphate, he could become our Grand Ayatollah too...Im sure that mad New York imam wouldn't mind.

<_<

Why the eagles..

Dunno but from my view, most of europeans like eagle or bird related icons. Rise of the Birds just sounds stupid.

How about C&C: Euroforce?

It could be a scenario about a fictional conflict starting from the point we are at now, just where European governments had to fight off revolting muslims in thier countries plus trained fighters from the middle east.

It would basically be modern armoured detachments from Europe vs. Angry Muslim mobs and whatever improvised armor they could through together. (actually, this sounds like an interesting idea) the mobs could make money by burning buildings, and create more supporters with propaganda. European forces would make money by having reporters nearby to encourage other nations to fight against the rioting Muslims. There could be superweapons too, airstrikes for the European forces, and Suicide bombers for the Muslims.

Making a mod for generals like this would be interesting, as the mob structure already in the game could be used, and modern tanks could be included.

Battles could occur in Urban European settings, in the middle east, the balkans, and in Iran when the EU tries to stop the Iranian nuke launch.

the first Islam mission would involve the mobs taking out Karzai in afghanistan, in order to remove his peaceful messages, and the first EU mission would be a fight to survive in gaza, and escape the danish embassy with a detachment of guards and the embassy personel.

The final mission for the EU would be the invasion of Iran to prevent further nuclear problems, and the final mob mission would be to fight to the Jyllands-Posten headquarters.

EU forces would be German (comes with the latest tanks), Danish (increased production and money, since they'd get a lot of support), or British (SAS commandos)

Jihadi generals would be ahmedajine (sp, iranian pres., with nuke capabilities), Saudi (more money), or Al Qieda (with improved suicide attacks)

Special Weapons and powers

EU:

-Issue Apology (decrease mob strength)

-US carrier strike (for certain missions)

-off map artillery strike

-civilian informer (reveal area on map)

Jihadi:

-Suicide Bomber (massive damage)

-Nuke (only for late game scenarios in Iran)

-fake pictures (increase mob strength)

-off map scud launch

Jihadi Armor would be either "stolen tank" or "improvised armor", but would have stingers and RPGs to counter EU armor.

Sorry for off topic, but I think that it would be interesting to pull together a generals mod that would have these elements in a fictional conflict. It would be both a fun mod to play, and a place where political statements could be made.

Dont forget the ACLU, American-Islamic Relations Comitee, MoveOn, NOW, GLAAD, etc would sue your ass.

And Im serious those groups with nothing to do with Islam would sue you.

THat is an interesting concepts, mods with a statement...:mellow:

UPDATE: w00t (not), the Danish consulate in Lebanon has been burned down! It spreads!

<_<

Edited by IconOfEvi

Well, there have been around six announced bomb threats against Jyllands-Posten’s offices - I live like a mile from them, of all places - but they have all been phoney, and I'm sure there's been many more they haven't taken seriously.

Security in Denmark is the same as always, according to PET (Politiets Efterretnings Tjeneste - Denmark's FBI/CIA) there is currently no reason to be on alert or tighten the security.

Seeing Denmark in a game would be new. :D - In this context it would be, as pinbag said, bad taste.

We have some very potent special forces (Combat Divers) highly praised by the American forces in Iraq, basically they go through the same training as the Navy Seals. Furthermore they also practice on Greenland, its Danish after all.

Frømandskorpset - The official Danish site, it's in Danish though, the link below is probably more useful.

Pictures

They are heavily geared towards being able to be deployed using submarines and carry out missions underwater.

COMBAT.jpg

Edited by [DK]PHIL

It shows how little we understand of each other....the Western and Arabic culture.

-We do not understand how sensitive religious issues are in the Arabic world.

-They do not understand our system where that newspapers have an almost absolute freedom in Europe.

Sorry Just a small point...You mention the Arabic world??? To be a muslim doesnt mean one is arabic .This cartoon was in very poor taste.And no matter what you believe there are correct ways to handle things.Overboard is a word that springs to mind regarding the response.

By the by it is a recorded fact the Mohammed (SAW) was a man with a great sense of humor

If Mohammed lived before photography, and if it was sacrelige to ever render him in art... how the fuck could a Muslim even recognize him in depiction? How do they know the cartoon isn't his brother Ahmed?