DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Count von Phoib

Muslims Burn Norwegian Flag Over a cartoon

But if he's the official spokesperson, there should be a way to get him ouf of "office"?

It's not a government institution, and while he's the official person of their group it's not possible to remove him from "office," as you say, since it would be to intervene in a private operation. Essentially that would be just as bad as censoring a newspaper in some sense.

At the moment, the Danish Peoples Party - as some of you might know from the news - are looking into the possibility of accusing the imam of activities which is hurting the country in time of crisis. Essentially treason, but the last politician, also of the peoples party, who used that word actually got a court case on her neck, filed by the Islamic Society in Denmark ironically - this happened a few weeks ago, when they travelled around the Middle-east.

There's a lot of mud throwing going on here at the moment, so I'm quite curios to see how everything will be perceived in a few months and how this turns out. The whole thing seems to intensify by the day.

If any of you remember, radical Islam was virtually changed from protected speech to reviled stuff in Holland after the brutal murder of Theo Van Gogh - Phoib should know well about this. Its something we should do here too, yet the ACLU would prob sue the initative in five seconds.

So long as we respect every kind of speech, even radical hateful Islam, even if we end up with knives in our chest like Van Gogh. Just don't disrespect their speech.

<_<

Edited by IconOfEvi

I was being sarcastic in case you missed that...

Of course you Nox would defend them...join the ACLU while youre at it! Don't worry when God forbid, you end up with a knife in your chest like Van Gogh did.

<_<

You know what we find offensive? Blowing up buses of children. Cutting reporters heads off. Killing peace workers. And yet they aren't very receptive to what we find offensive, obviously...

Because after all, every Muslim blows up children and beheads people. :rolleyes:

You know what we find offensive? Blowing up buses of children. Cutting reporters heads off. Killing peace workers. And yet they aren't very receptive to what we find offensive, obviously...

Because after all, every Muslim blows up children and beheads people. :rolleyes:

Later on I will blow you.

Oh god that is so wrong. :o :sick: :wacko:

Awesome! :D You know how, right? Want some pointers?

I dont know how but I think I can do it.

WTF?

Okay, let me get this straight......

1. Accele states his opinion that "they aren't very receptive to what we find offensive, obviously..."

2. Nox posts sarcastically that all Muslims must blow people up...

3. Maskawaih misinterprets sarcasm for sincerity, is offended, and threatens to blow Nox up, but says it in a way so that it could also be misinterpreted...

OR.....

3. Maskawaih would like to applaud Nox's sarcasm by offering to "blow" him...

OR.....

I'm misinterpreting all of this?

:blink:

do you really want to know?

it's like, did you really want to know that if a homosexual has a really big penis, they can cause thier partners lower intestine to detach from the rectum? (causing major medical issues)

PHIL,Feb 2 2006, 11:14 PM]
But if he's the official spokesperson, there should be a way to get him ouf of "office"?

It's not a government institution, and while he's the official person of their group it's not possible to remove him from "office," as you say, since it would be to intervene in a private operation. Essentially that would be just as bad as censoring a newspaper in some sense.

At the moment, the Danish Peoples Party - as some of you might know from the news - are looking into the possibility of accusing the imam of activities which is hurting the country in time of crisis. Essentially treason, but the last politician, also of the peoples party, who used that word actually got a court case on her neck, filed by the Islamic Society in Denmark ironically - this happened a few weeks ago, when they travelled around the Middle-east.

There's a lot of mud throwing going on here at the moment, so I'm quite curios to see how everything will be perceived in a few months and how this turns out. The whole thing seems to intensify by the day.

Yeah, governments of Indonesia, Afghanistan and Pakistan have condemned the cartoons, saying we should limit our freedom of speech.

Does make me wonder, we are advocating freedom of speech like a religion almost, and they are saying we should limit it, so in a way they are commiting blasphmey against our freedom of speech religion... Interesting view?

As I've put it on another forum :

Freedom of speech is for us, what divine integrity is for Muslims. We get upset because Muslims want to take away our freedom of speech, and they get upset because we drag their holy icons through the mud. The problem is mutual, as both think their values are the right ones and those of the other very wrong. A classic case of refusal to understand each other….

Yeah, governments of Indonesia, Afghanistan and Pakistan have condemned the cartoons, saying we should limit our freedom of speech.

My government too although not official but some people on top just talking about it on tv.

French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy condemned the protests in a television interview.

"I am totally shocked and find it unacceptable that -- because there have been caricatures in the West -- extremists can burn flags or take fundamentalist or extremist positions which would prove the cartoonists right," he said.

As I've put it on another forum :

Freedom of speech is for us, what divine integrity is for Muslims. We get upset because Muslims want to take away our freedom of speech, and they get upset because we drag their holy icons through the mud. The problem is mutual, as both think their values are the right ones and those of the other very wrong. A classic case of refusal to understand each other….

See I really dont understand this - given Islam's attitude towards icons. There are multiple Hadith that specifically forbit the portrayal of people for fear of the direction of worship away from God and onto humans, (i.e. idol worship).

Given that this is the root fear the forbidding of images is meant to address I can't quite see what the problem with satire is...

I mean its hardly like these images are going to spark a spate of idol worship...

There also seems to have been a misunderstanding about what this means:

http://democracyfrontline.org/blog/wp-cont...en_Cartoons.jpg

if only they had taken this one to heart - its the opinions of one person, and a person they really have no reason to care about the opinions of! I dont get where the leap comes from 1 man's opinions and the assumption that it dictates an entire nation's perspective.

I guess a simmilar thing has happened as with regards to what happened with Osama bin ladin, and how a lot of people think all muslims hate the west and want to blow themselves up...

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

Of course you Nox would defend them...join the ACLU while youre at it! Don't worry when God forbid, you end up with a knife in your chest like Van Gogh did.

How exactly does hate speech cause a knife to sprout from my chest? The KKK demonstrates here without killing people and without interference from the law. Yeah, they're a bunch of racist morons, but they still have the right to free speech, just like this cartoonist and newspaper had the right to free speech. You can't deny it just because you don't like what they're saying (which, ironically, is exactly what the Muslims are arguing for.)

I dont mind them saying infammatory comments, through I dont like them.

I DO mind seditious comments like that one made by the US imam or w/e when he advocated the overthrow of the US government and replace of it with a caliphate...

<_<

Hundreds of Muslims marched from London Central mosque to the heavily protected Danish embassy. Chants included "7/7 is on its way" and placard slogans include "Slay those who insult Islam", "Free speech go to hell", "Europe is the cancer and Islam is the cure", "Exterminate those who slander Islam" and "Europe you will pay. Demolition is on its way".

-From wikipedia, about the London protest march on February 3rd

I dont mind them saying infammatory comments, through I dont like them.

I DO mind seditious comments like that one made by the US imam or w/e when he advocated the overthrow of the US government and replace of it with a caliphate...

<_<

President = Caliphate.

It's just a title and chosen through elections.

Edited by maskawaih

No.

Absolutley untrue.

A caliphate is a ruling body of clerics and such, who pledge alliegance to their (as in the mosques and the people - the mosques must approve) duly elected leader. It basically is rule of church over the state. What this despicable man said was that our Constituion wasn't good enough for his throat-cutter pals, and that all US Muslims should revolt (he really said that) and overthrow our republic. That is sedition. He should have been arrested on the spot.

<_<

That's why I said elections. Although elected from agreements from various mosques as you said, it's still depends on majority. Even if 34/60 approve the leader although the others denied it, a caliph will be elected as he won the elections. People vote the caliph through mosques.