DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tmapm

Mission Types

To be honest the "AR2 units in Generals" method sounded closer to practicality, but it still takes a lot of work and time. I'd like to actually finish this mod someday.

Ingame movies would be probably easier to do (those that are played in the radar in the GUI)

And i just came on an idea for an AR3, use Homeworld II for cinematic building, afaicr, theers a record function.

hm... well i dont have homeworld 2 but i can always find someone

of course, this might not be the best way as all models will have to be redone just for the cinematic scenes

but ill look into it :P

Guest ArgCmdr

Estimated release is October 2003, or at least thats what Relic last said. For what ive seen of it, it already looks finished, to be honest.

Guest Skunker44

Well, why dont you make a commando/base build combo. Like you get a squad of infantry and you have to inflitrate a base, or get undetected to a spot in the map and you get a construction vehicle. That would be pretty cool. I never really liked commando missions, only the ones you could build in. What happened to the defend and destroy missions, you get a base that is horribly damaged, and need to repair it, then you have to eliminate the enemy without making a new structure. I semi-liked those. For an example of the defend and destroy, in the original command and conquer mission 5 for gdi. You get a base that is badly damaged, it has everything but a conyard, then u need to kill nod, thats what im talking about. :P

from what ive seen up till now, homeworld 2 looks like shit, it's the same old engine, compare with hegemonia or eve or freelancer(well its no rts, but what the hell)

I thought a month of two ago you said it looked good when I told you homeworld 2 looked like crap ... uhm maybe that wasn't you

It's delayed to 2004.

Well that's a good move, coz the screenshots shown earlier were crap anyways.

i dont know why people think so, well maybe they are, compared to halo2

anyway, the concepts were cool, i like the siege tank drawing

to tell u the truth i think less of SC:Ghost than of SC or SC:BW

probably because the FPS takes away the good RTS gameplay of the original, well i dunno, i just feel the RTS version is better than the FPS

Guest ArgCmdr

The last pics ive seen are good. I might be unupdated on the rest of the games though, but for what has been shown in E3, im drooling. (I might add that a big part of Homeworld is the ambientation)

Vinifera, Homeworld 2 is the sequel to Homeworld, named GOTY by several mags in 1999. In the original game, a race, the initial "Kushan" were divided in clans in a desertic planet -Kharak-. They discover an old trace that leads them to know Kharak is not their home -that they were exiled generations ago by a rising empire-, and they go back to their origin, Hiigara, near the center of the galaxy. At the same time, they kill the emperor of the Taiidan empire -that empire mentioned before- (bad guys in HW, and HW:C) with aid of other races (Bentusi) and betrayer parts (Republican Taiidans).

In the X-Pack, id say its part of another storyline in a certain way. It gets ambient 15 years after Homeworld, a minning vessel (Kuun-Lan) part of the Kiith Somtaaw clan, encounters a derelict, and without knowing it, unleashes an entity that had been prisoner for ages (which can mixture organic tissure with machines, taking by infector beams full control of most ships). In the end, the creature is erradicated (not exactly true, not exactly false...)

In Homeworld 2, the Hiigarans will find the truth about their exile, a god-like entity called Sajuuk, and many more, travelling through the core of the galaxy, facing a new evil race, called the Vaygr, which come from the "east" of the galaxy, and assimilate the technology they found on their way (bad and agressive people, heh). Ill let you find out the rest, the link below is more than enough.

The box art for the game might be this one in the end:

hw2_pc_lg.jpg

And you may find info about the Homeworld Sagas in Homeworld Shipyards

WTF man how do you know? you haven't played the game yet. To declare that 'nothing' matches something and refusing to appreciate other games is just dumb ...

You are gonna be pissing me off seriously if you turn every single thread to be a starcraft discussion (unless someone sends me that 200 something mb cracked sc bw warez )