DerelictStudios Forums
Uriboy

Can't Play!

OK so i installed the mod. When i get in the game and start skirmish then things go wrong. I can't start skirmish. Becouse i can't choose the players. What is wrong ? PLS HELP ME!

You just have to choose another map. Just finished playing Blitzkrieg I v2.0 for the first time in my life too (thx to the FDP). First off I'd like to say congrats and thx to the Blitz crew. Excellent job! Can't wait for the next release... That's why I play v2.0 deuh! :P

However, it seems the AI is really dumb (only played vs green and vs veteran so far, maybe brutal or patched version is better), but I just saw Andre has already updated it. Is the last file he attached (X-mas present) the final AI or has it been in the works since?

I'm sorry if this been asked before and for posting the following in this thread (didn't know where else to put it): I'd like to apply for beta-testing. I'm currently unemployed so I have a lot of spare time and I have the TFD version of RA2/YR. It could prove to be usefull...

EDIT: I've tried it as Nazi's vs brutal Allies & brutal Russia, but still managed to win quite easily... another problem I got is that the game starts to lag when a while in the game, although I have min. requirements (PIII 1.0 GHz, 256 MB RAM & 8MB S3 Graphics Savage/MX)

BTW. also sorry for hijacking this thread, but seeing as I gave the solution for his problem...

Edited by kristofvanheule

1. check if you are using a yuri patched to 1.001

2. be sure, that no other mod is installed

the actual AI is lotta smarter than the available ones ;)

the actual AI is lotta smarter than the available ones ;)

Right, and by any chance could I be privileged to use the actual AI? (by PM for example?), if not, is the X-mas present I talked about in my previous post the last and best AI (is this the v3.0 I heard about?) or am I better off with something else? Maybe the unofficial v2.5?

EDIT: just tried the v2.5 patch by Zero_Point with v3.0 (241204) AI by Andre27 on top. I got several missing cameo's (cargo plane, medic, airfield and 'bomber' command), everytime an engineer popped out i got an 'new construction options', although I could build a bomber command and an airfield, both were invisible and only one cell big (so could only contain one fighter) and a few seconds later i got an internal error. Then I removed the files from v2.5 and everything was still the same, so I'm pretty sure it's the v3.0 patch...

EDIT 2: just tried v2.5: works fine, AI has improved a lot, however some remarks: AI still builds refineries instead of oil derricks...

Isn't there like a simple line in the rulesmd.ini to change this, like change refinery to oil derrick? Also naval units have no AA...

EDIT 3: just tried v3.0 w/o the rulesmd.ini on top of the v2.5. AI is much better now, although only in the beginning. If you survive the infantry and tank rush, you're homefree, as the AI only builds refineries and by doing so don't have enough money later on to build heavy tanks, planes... Any way of fixing this, maybe manually ourselves? Or do we have to wait till the next release? If so... :ph34r:

Edited by kristofvanheule