DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RKCoon

Got 2.5 Working... I Think

i say i think cause... Destroyer wont work, you build it, and it crashes the game on completion. the Landing craft, not only speaks GERMAN as American side, but wont take on passengers. o.O Applies for German side as well.

Anywho, so far, im DAMNED impressed. MAJOR Kudos to the team on it so far. however, a few comments tho if i may --

Aircraft Carriers -- thier range is too short i would say. if the gods that are the makers of this mod are aiming for accuracy, i would say double thier range, at least 50% more than the Battleship. it will make things interesting for the other guy - so i would suggest upping the cost to 6000-8000$ to counter. (also, does the Aircraft Carrier in the mod have functioning AA guns? ;) )

Submarine -- a lil slow, and hesitant to target i think. a quick check in this? also, as of WW2, most subs were built to run on the surface. perhaps a deploy mode to switch them between, surface they move faster and have access to AA guns, and underwater, as slow as they are?

Destroyer -- Good weapon range, anti sub range seems a lil short tho? or would this be considered accurate? Decent speed and armor as well.

Russian Destroyer -- interesting. cheap, fast and looong range rockets -- that dont seem to do much except kill infantry. in mass tho they fare fairly well.

Cruiser -- as MUCH as i love this sweetheart - it is kinda obvious shes an older battleship. not that theres anything wrong with that, but i would suggest weakening and making the guns a lil more accurate. and up the number of firing turrets from one to at least two, if not all four, if possible. ;) also, AA capabilities are functioning, but thier range is wayyy to short.they dont open fire til lthe aircraft is in ITS firing range. as well, the AA cuts off the main guns when firing, and switch between time is a looong time. any way to get both working at once?

Battleship -- Appropriately named Hell In A Can. the reload times are great as is the lack of accuracy, tho i would suggest getting all three turrets Uncorking to get this sweet behemoth on the ball. Oh, sweet destruction. if you manage to get all three turrets blazing, up the cost to 4000-6000$ to compensate, to maintain balance (somewhat) Also, i got the AAs workin on the Battleship, VERY nice, but i think the range is a lil short as well, same as the Cruiser -- it takes a long time to "switch gears" between main and AA, and it takes forEVER, even longer than the cruiser, to open fire. any way to cure that?. ;) and i would suggest, if at all possible, getting the 5" guns workin for short range, as they would irl. Also, only a limit of 2 for the Germans? o.O?

I know, im prolly asking the moon ona silver platter, but oh DAMN would that be sweeeeeet. :D *bows to the greatness of the mod and modders*

EDIT - Just played as the Germans, so gotta fixa few things...

EDIT 2 -- Aaaannnndddd i got it working finally, the destroyer i mean. lol

EDIT 3 (i thought it posted already lol) the AAs on the Cruisers are functioning.

Edited by RKCoon

RA2YR is hardcoded to only allow one turret.

The other things have prolly been already been tweaked anyway, as the staff are on a *much* later veriosn thatthe current public version.

the Landing craft, not only speaks GERMAN as American side, but wont take on passengers. o.O

The problem is that the water and land have 'buffer' beach tiles (that look like the water, only lighter in Ra2). The infantry/units can't walk on them without major bridge-pathfinding errors and issues, and the landing craft can only move that one cell inland, onto the 'neutral' beach. They could in theory load up amphibious infantry there, like Ra2 SEALs, but that kinda defeats the purpose.

OK couple mroe ideas then -- if making the turrets rotate isnt possible, how about making the ONE turret pump out say 6-8 shells for the cruiser and 9 for the Battleship? :D ;) Next up, without radar, the sight range on all ships is pretty short, maybe up it? *is lovin blowing the shit outta bases with this -- tho the AI wont build a navy to fight me ;) *

Proper landing craft aren’t that hard to make & AFAIK Phil has them working ok for v3.0 :)

News to me, but I didn't toy with them much in the latest betatest. Then again, with the terrain redo it could be easily possible, or if he scavenged a different movementzone/speedtype.

Edited by Rattuskid

RA2YR is hardcoded to only allow one turret.

The other things have prolly been already been tweaked anyway, as the staff are on a *much* later veriosn thatthe current public version.

What about the apocalypse and the current tanks- they have turret for tanks/buildings and machine gun for inf