DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goshiro

Aaow With The First Decade

I can't seem to get An act of war to run with my Command and Conquer First Decade collection. The installation directory differs from the normal general's zero hour directory, can anyone help me with this problem? Thankyou for your time.

Browse your zero hour's directory.

Normal ZH's DEFAULT path is something like this:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour

First decade is the same but between "EA GAMES" and "Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour" is "Command & Conquer The First Decade" and after command and conquer theres so it should be something like this:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour

The point is, when you start AAOW's installer it will ask you for the directory where your Zero Hour is installed you will have to browse it or type in the path. I can not imagine why you couldn't figure this easy thing out, but hope it will work now.

I highly recommend you browsing instead of copying or typing this location i gave you becouse it can be wrong. Do the following: Click the browse button at the window where it ask for the location of zero hour, click on your "C:" drive, find "Program Files", then "EA GAMES", the go to the First Decade directory, then for the Zero Hour directory and press "OK". Now you are back to the installer, you just have to click "next" and you can continue the installation.

Edited by Goblin

I did try that before I posted on here, however the installer always creates it's own directory...

for example:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & ConquerTM Generals Zero Hour...or

...\Command & ConquerTM Generals Zero Hour

No matter which directory I chose.

As I don't yet have TFD, I'm afraid I can't look into your problem. I'd suggest "cutting" (CTRL+A to select all files, then CTRL+X to cut them) all of the files from the created directory back into your true ZH directory.

I did try that before I posted on here, however the installer always creates it's own directory...

for example:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & ConquerTM Generals Zero Hour...or

...\Command & ConquerTM Generals Zero Hour

No matter which directory I chose.

Yeah that reduces the mess. For example if you install it in My Documents, all the little important files of the game would be mixed with your documents so this makes sense. I don't know how is that a problem, you just have to browse the folder that contains the main executable for Zero Hour. It's name is "generals.exe"