DerelictStudios Forums
schoolkid

Afghan Man Faces Death For Becoming A Christian?

Yep. I guess they think desecrating a fallen soldier is another one of those Ghost Rights given to you in the constitution.

Sadly enough this is not even an incident as some might say.

Churches are burned in Indonesia, muslim led armies ravage Christian villages in Sudan and the list continues....

Calling for a crusade against Islam for barbarism is not the way, but watching this happen to fellow christians saddens me greatly.

Although i believe any harm done to them (Christians) in this life will be relieved by the Lord, i do not wish any harm to them or anyone else.

I can only hope that those calling against Christianity will come to know Jesus Christ not as the 2nd profet of Islam, but as the Son of God.. the Messiah (savior).

I just love how the "religion of peace" (maybe when they say that they mean of a despot's peace) makes itself look like a bunch of barbarians at every chance it gets. Quotes like this...

"Rejecting Islam is insulting God. We will not allow God to be humiliated. This man must die," cleric Abdul Raoulf told The Associated Press.
from a supposedly moderate cleric are prime examples. I try to be open-minded and while I agree that its the extreme wackos who are doing most of this stuff, but if Islam is so easy to twist into jihads and death by a few words from a quasi-charismatic person...is it really any better than a religion that actively advocates death to nonbelievers?

Lol, yeah like when they protested the fact that the Danish cartoons showed them all as terrorists, by burning down foreign embassies. Yeah, good job proving the cartoons right morons.

Hmmm you forget that if he is freed, the Afgan PM will be defenitley seen as a Western puppet.

Sorry guy...we wish you were free...

As for that ACLU article...well it might be on their site...

:(

Churches are burned in Indonesia, muslim led armies ravage Christian villages in Sudan and the list continues....

Calling for a crusade against Islam for barbarism is not the way, but watching this happen to fellow christians saddens me greatly.

Although i believe any harm done to them (Christians) in this life will be relieved by the Lord, i do not wish any harm to them or anyone else.

I can only hope that those calling against Christianity will come to know Jesus Christ not as the 2nd profet of Islam, but as the Son of God.. the Messiah (savior).

*smacks self* Oi ye gods.... ill only reply with this --- Hypocrites.

I dont want to say much about this anymore but in Philipines and Indonesia, there are mosques that being attacked too. You may say that Muslims attacked first whatsoever and yet the other side, Muslim, say vice versa.

I've seen those in Indonesia where people from each side show off each other's cut-off-heads.

We believe Jesus as Messiah but not as God's son.

On other funny fact, when I read New Testament which is translated into local language. I have one Bible which was published around 40-50 years ago. Saying something about the Almighty God (Tuhan yang Agung) and Jesus the Messiah/Son of God (Jesus Penyelamat Manusia dan Anak Tuhan). The recent Bibles are the ones that I called funny. Perhaps the Bibles only available here at Southeast Asian Muslim countries. At the beginning of the Bible, the first page, it says, "Dengan nama Allah yang Maha Pengasih lagi Maha penyayang. Muhammad itu adalah pesuruh Allah. Dan sesungguhnya Nabi Isa itu adalah daripada zatNya. Dialah yang akan membawa dan menyelamatkan manusia daripada kesengsaraan...". It means, "In the name of God (Allah) the most gracious, the most merciful. Muhammad is his messenger. And Jesus (Nabi Isa) is one of the God's. He (Jesus or Nabi Isa) will bring humans out of suffering as messiah." Hypocrites. What in the heaven they used Allah name in their Bibles? Even there's Muhammad in the Bible.

Seeing this as Christians like to change their Bibles easily. <_<

The inherent logical fault most people fall into when arguing among religions is assuming that the most powerful being in existance, father of everything... just happens to think exactly like you do.

Ever think, just maybe, it doesn't matter who is a son of what god or prophet of another if what they preached was right?

No, deism is too non-violent for all the peace loving religious types of the world to adopt...

On other funny fact, when I read New Testament which is translated into local language. I have one Bible which was published around 40-50 years ago. Saying something about the Almighty God (Tuhan yang Agung) and Jesus the Messiah/Son of God (Jesus Penyelamat Manusia dan Anak Tuhan). The recent Bibles are the ones that I called funny. Perhaps the Bibles only available here at Southeast Asian Muslim countries. At the beginning of the Bible, the first page, it says, "Dengan nama Allah yang Maha Pengasih lagi Maha penyayang. Muhammad itu adalah pesuruh Allah. Dan sesungguhnya Nabi Isa itu adalah daripada zatNya. Dialah yang akan membawa dan menyelamatkan manusia daripada kesengsaraan...". It means, "In the name of God (Allah) the most gracious, the most merciful. Muhammad is his messenger. And Jesus (Nabi Isa) is one of the God's. He (Jesus or Nabi Isa) will bring humans out of suffering as messiah." Hypocrites. What in the heaven they used Allah name in their Bibles? Even there's Muhammad in the Bible.

Seeing this as Christians like to change their Bibles easily. <_<

Uhh its the people who translated who probably added that in order to not be put on a death list by some imam. Rest assured that in a proper bible theres nothing on Muhhamed.

And how exactly is it a hypocrisy to put Allah's name in there? It the same God after all, so if you translate the bible to a language in which God's name is Allah you would translate it as Allah, prefectly reasonable.

I mean, between 40-50 years, the Bible changed from Tuhan (God or deity) to Allah. Why dont make it clear at first? Through out that Bible, every single word of Tuhan is changed to Allah. Dont you think the Bible's ingredients easily changed?

No, I think that the people that print the translated Bibles are getting more scared of muslim extremists are are putting in Allah to palacate them. OTOH I dont think that the Bible is the literal word of God, and its only the message thats important in the context not the literal meaning of the words.

BTW maska, dont you see this was a very common way of converting people? Print out your holy text, but first find out what the natives pray to and include that person. Try to find things similar so that the natives say "Hey, this religion isn't too different!".

See here I got a Koran for US, and it talks of Jesus...well a LOT. How Jesus would have done the same thing, Jesus this, Jesus that, Jesus PBUH - very interesting how they placate the natives with the deities familiar to them.

Very old technique, besides the ever popular convert or die one <_<.

Yis, christianity - and catholsim, as i understand it -- are exeptionally bad for changing thier so called "word of god" - one of many thigns that piss me off about em. they cant even get thier OWN damned beleifs straight. lol

I don't see what's to get so upset about at religion. I can understand not believing in any, but when you have something like the Catholic Church that does so much good in the world, how can that "piss you off?"

:blink: :blink: :blink: I really cannot beleive he just said that. I do beleive i just blew a fuse. Im sorry dude, but were you not paying attention a while back when i pointed out just SOME of that religion in paticulars past? from the crusades (oh, im sorry, "conversion/expansion exersises") to thier high effort, high $$$ support of the attempt of genocide in WW2, to thier own shady dealings where more nad more your finding thier damend preachers cant keep t ier dicks in thier pants? You REALLY gonna sit their and tell me they are "a bed of roses , thatve done SO much good for the world"? I think not.

The Catholic Church is more funny than anything else for how well they got buddy-buddy with Benito Mussilini.

The sad, SAD part is this topic demonstrates that even two monotheistic religions that really are damn similar generate people who will war and argue over the little differences between them... and why not? Christians still stand as one of the larger, if not largest killer of Christians, and Muslims as killers of Muslims.

It's a fault not of religion, but of anti-multicultural behavior to see and fight over minor differences rather than live with major similarities.

Edited by Rattuskid

:blink: :blink: :blink: I really cannot beleive he just said that. I do beleive i just blew a fuse. Im sorry dude, but were you not paying attention a while back when i pointed out just SOME of that religion in paticulars past? from the crusades (oh, im sorry, "conversion/expansion exersises") to thier high effort, high $$$ support of the attempt of genocide in WW2, to thier own shady dealings where more nad more your finding thier damend preachers cant keep t ier dicks in thier pants? You REALLY gonna sit their and tell me they are "a bed of roses , thatve done SO much good for the world"? I think not.

Fuck you.

You're right.  There's no reason at all for anyone to get worked up over a little religious thing.  No reason at all. -_-

No, there isn't. It really is not a big deal if some random 12-year-old you'll never meet runs his mouth off about shit he doesn't know about. Why does it matter? You know he's wrong....yes?

Shit, it's this sort of short-fused attitude that's gonna get this guy (the Afghani) killed, after all.

Edited by Monkey

Yes, the Crusades. That happened, in... what was it, 1994?