DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

Finally - An Update!

Hello again An Act of War fans! Hmm... I had to dust off the site before I could get started on this update. Yes, things have been rather slow in the news department lately. I'm afraid that real life has prevented me from posting regular updates, but never fear, work continues non-stop behind the scenes!

First off, some changes to the team. I'd like to bid our talented, long-time mapper IronRaptor farewell! He's moving on to Star Wars: Empire at War map work, and all of us here at An Act of War wish him luck! You can still expect to see IronRaptor's work in v2.0 of An Act of War, in everything from tons of great multiplayer maps, to the first USA mission in the singleplayer campaign. I'd now like to welcome our newest staff member to the team, everyone say hi to carlie-7! He'll be working as our new texture artist.

And now, on to the good stuff! I'm going to give you folks a special treat today, one of Iraq's most feared units. Presenting, the Iraqi ballistic missile launcher known as the "Al-Tammuz":

AlTammuzr_s.jpg

The purpose of this behemoth is strategic siege. The Al-Tammuz is slow moving, and must deploy and stabilize itself before firing, but packs an incredable punch. A near miss from one of it's earth-shaking missiles will send even M1A2 Abrams rocking, and will send lighter vehicles rolling. The Al-Tammuz's missiles can be targeted by some anti-aircraft systems, but it takes concentrated fire to bring one down.

Next up, something that no modern army can do without: Supply trucks! Based on the American M929 design, the Iraqi Supply Truck ferries supplies back to the Iraqi Supply Center for exchange for funds.

IraqiSupplyTruck_s.jpg

As I'm still feeling generous, I'll release a special sneak preview of one of the three action-packed missions that will come with v2.0. This mission, titled for now simply "Blackhawk Down", was created by imustkill and BlckWyerve. While I'm withholding most of the details of the plot, I can tell you that it will involve a special forces raid. And Blackhawks. Surprised? More to come in later updates!

MCH06_01_s.jpgMCH06_02_s.jpg

MCH06_03_s.jpg

Now I'd like to discuss an issue that has been plaguing An Act of War recently: Theft. Some months ago, someone leaked an internal alpha of An Act of War v2.0 onto the internet. Since then, copyrighted An Act of War material has been spotted in several different mods. Please know this: Any unauthorised use of ANY An Act of War materials (textures, models, code, graphics) will NOT BE TOLERATED. While for some the use of our material was an honest mistake, the fact remains that these files are not for public use. Please be on the lookout for An Act of War material outside of Derelict Studios. If you spot any, please inform me at EvilViking@gmail.com . Let's respect each other's work, folks. Thanks!

Until next time!

Viking out.

Will there be a 'Blackhwak Down' map for skirmish gameplay? I think a Mogadishu skirmish map would be as great as a Baghdad map.

*innocent whistle*

The Al-tammuz looks like it could make even the mightiest of foes shit themselves. That will be one hell of a weapon to use. Good job. :)

i only recently started using An Act Of War and think its great. is there an estimated date for the next update? i cant wait to see the new units in action!! :)

Before anyone else says it, the next update will be when it is ready, it could be a week, a month, a year even, noone really knows, not even everyone's favorite All Knowing Viking

Oh, Viking knows...

*sees black sedan entering driveway*

...where I live, apparently. You'll never take me alive!

i want to play this badly right now, but for right now, im playing act of war

Don't you ever, EVER EVER use that word on these forums again, or you will be sentenced to the "Island". ;)

Been there and its nothing special, i think, i dont really remember much, hmm, i do remember being strapped to a chair, and a rally shiny needle and then ALOT of pain and I blacked out. I woke up on a beach with my ass really hurting :lol:

Hey guys, yeah sorry but it was time for me to move on. Anyway, as for mentioning the Mogadishu map, I did create one that would put the actual Mogadishu to shame prolly. Iono if I gave it to the team or not. Will have to check up on that one. Actually we named it Fallujah which viking loved it.

Anyway, the widest street in the whole map is like 2 tank widths...alot of infantry fighting would be wise, along with 10 SAMs to capture across the map that will help stop air battles, plus the base areas are small to be building alot of airfields anyway.

Viking may send me back to island and make sure no seditive is in the injection this time for saying that but you know I don't care. Vike think of it as a teaser to whet thier appetitie... :lol:

Hey guys, Black DoomsDragon is back.

EvilViking, the Iraqi Ballistic missile launcher will be a Awesome toy to play with.

And a supply truck is definitely needed.

Edited by Black DoomsDragon